It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play the definitive edition of the groundbreaking RPG that comes with new quests, characters, and cutscenes. Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 20% discount that will end on 9th April 2021, 5 PM UTC. Gamers who already own Disco Elysium will receive new content as a free update.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
And still no sign of the standalone soundtrack...

On the other hand it's once again some random little indie studio that has the balls to go against established conventions in game design and puts (back) in some real choice&consequence-heavy content that requires multiple playthroughs:

"The political quests are exactly that type of a luxury content that’s easy to cut if you want to look like a sane and trustworthy designer for your producers. All four quests are mutually exclusive, which means that players will only see 1/4th of it in a single playthrough. And these are expensive quests – there are new characters and complex animations, and one of the quests even takes you to a completely new secret location. Super exciting for the player, but goes totally against the market logic when you’re struggling to get your debut out. So yeah it just didn’t make sense to make content most players are going to miss just to show off that we’re able to do that. We weren’t in our Witcher 2 phase yet (Witcher 2 has two different mid-game areas that are mutually exclusive; it’s a very impressive show off in that regard!)."
It says a great deal of the developer to release this as a free update. :)
Well... I REALLY need to get back into this... :P

The game will be updated then or do we need to download another entry?
Post edited March 30, 2021 by Zoidberg
ConsulCaesar: It says a great deal of the developer to release this as a free update. :)
Yes, some others would have made a 'Redux' re-release at increased price instead, splitting that re-release into several DLCs and selling that for even more money.
I wish mention was made about whether or not this is available right now for the offline "backup" installers for those of us who don't want anything to do with Galaxy (it is :) ).
I'm just dropping in to say thanks to the development team for the free upgrade. Cheers and keep up the great work!
rjbuffchix: I wish mention was made about whether or not this is available right now for the offline "backup" installers for those of us who don't want anything to do with Galaxy (it is :) ).
Why would they mention it? It's not like they mention Galaxy either. At least, not that I can see. You complain a lot about GOG (and justifiably, IMO), but this comment just seems... odd.
high rated
Just played a bunch and I love the voice acting of this a lot. It really hits the spot with the story telling of the game. Can't wait to dive deeper into it and see what else has changed :D
I'm downloading now. 16GB! This is a big update!

I'm excited about the full English voice-over. The voices already have been wonderfully dreary. Should be fun!
Swedrami: And still no sign of the standalone soundtrack...

On the other hand it's once again some random little indie studio that has the balls to go against established conventions in game design and puts (back) in some real choice&consequence-heavy content that requires multiple playthroughs:
Indeed, still sad that Australia punished that by banning that game in the land down under. Meanwhile AAA games got off scott free
Refused classification in Australia for some reason. Recently I also found out exactly why The Stick of Truth had to be censored in Australia as well: We already knew it was the alien anal probing scenes, but not why. It's because the anal probing is considered sex, and because the character is resisting then it's non consensual- rape in other words. And yes, we know it's a cartoon. So they replaced the cartoon graphics with very detailed written descriptions and all was good.
Swedrami: And still no sign of the standalone soundtrack...

RedRagan: Indeed, still sad that Australia punished that by banning that game in the land down under. Meanwhile AAA games got off scott free
That ban was ridiculous form the get go.
Even so, when they ban philosophical game with deep and meaningful content - I mean, what are they gonna say in their defense, that they feared for people thinking too much?
I was holding my horses (game) waiting for this! Still thankful to our community Doc who blessed my with a key. I think I will start all over.
My question: people who already bought the game in Australia will not receive the update? People who bought it in Australia will receive the update but anyone else in the country will not be able to purchase it anymore?
Dogmaus: I was holding my horses (game) waiting for this! Still thankful to our community Doc who blessed my with a key. I think I will start all over.
My question: people who already bought the game in Australia will not receive the update? People who bought it in Australia will receive the update but anyone else in the country will not be able to purchase it anymore?
I don't really claim to know the answers. But I can say that the GOG Final Cut version is visible and can be purchased right now from Australia. So either we don't get the update to make it really "final cut", we do but it's some sort of censored version, GOG maybe didn't get the memo and are selling it when they shouldn't or the media outlets claiming it has been refused got false information and it's not banned. I don't know which.