It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play the definitive edition of the groundbreaking RPG that comes with new quests, characters, and cutscenes. Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 20% discount that will end on 9th April 2021, 5 PM UTC. Gamers who already own Disco Elysium will receive new content as a free update.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I found this article saying that
"Despite being banned, Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is still available in Australia on PC. When originally released in 2019, Disco Elysium was only available online and so wasn't submitted to Australia's Classification Board—a government body responsible for the regulation of movies, publications, and games—for review."
And that - I mean not having been approved bit being available despite of that, it's already happened with other titles like Katana Zero and Mother Russia Bleeds. So apparently the ban/lack of authorization might not be applied after all, as it has for example, according to the same source, for Miami Hotline 2.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/despite-being-banned-disco-elysium-the-final-cut-is-still-available-in-australia-on-pc/
Post edited March 31, 2021 by Dogmaus
I´ve been looking forward to playing this one for a long time!
(only dived into the NonFinalCut enough to get myself even more hyped for this FinalCut!)
Swedrami: And still no sign of the standalone soundtrack...

On the other hand it's once again some random little indie studio (...)
Yes, they seem to be awesome in general, but that isn´t a reason for the soundtrack not being up here. It´s actually another reason why the soundtrack should be up here. ;)
rjbuffchix: I wish mention was made about whether or not this is available right now for the offline "backup" installers for those of us who don't want anything to do with Galaxy (it is :) ).
TerriblePurpose: Why would they mention it? It's not like they mention Galaxy either. At least, not that I can see. You complain a lot about GOG (and justifiably, IMO), but this comment just seems... odd.
You're right. I wanted to call attention to it because it seems a lot of the time stuff is available first for Galaxy and the only way to verify if it is available in offline installers is to check for yourself, since we don't get official confirmation. We can basically take for granted that whatever they announce is available in precious Galaxy; we can't take for granted that it is available with the offline "backup" standalone installers. Additionally, I don't always race to get every update, so if Disco Elysium offline installer didn't have "Final Cut" in the title and was just a new version number, I wouldn't necessarily know if it was the Final Cut that was now available or just the last most recent offline installer update (I know one could say this lack of keeping current is more of a "me" problem, but it does illustrate the point to some degree). I just want GOG to promote their selling point of the offline installers more too :)
SmollestLight: Just played a bunch and I love the voice acting of this a lot. It really hits the spot with the story telling of the game. Can't wait to dive deeper into it and see what else has changed :D
That does sound exciting. Thanks for this post, and keep more of these type of comments coming from Staff please. I don't think I have EVER seen someone complain here about Staff posting too many comments like these or being too overly human. I'd love to see more of it and I know quite a few others here would as well.
Post edited March 31, 2021 by rjbuffchix
Dogmaus: I found this article saying that
"Despite being banned, Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is still available in Australia on PC. When originally released in 2019, Disco Elysium was only available online and so wasn't submitted to Australia's Classification Board—a government body responsible for the regulation of movies, publications, and games—for review."
And that - I mean not having been approved bit being available despite of that, it's already happened with other titles like Katana Zero and Mother Russia Bleeds. So apparently the ban/lack of authorization might not be applied after all, as it has for example, according to the same source, for Miami Hotline 2.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/despite-being-banned-disco-elysium-the-final-cut-is-still-available-in-australia-on-pc/
So in summary it's like Nick Fury's quote from Avengers:

"I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid-ass decision, I've elected to ignore it."
rjbuffchix: You're right. I wanted to call attention to it because it seems a lot of the time stuff is available first for Galaxy and the only way to verify if it is available in offline installers is to check for yourself, since we don't get official confirmation. We can basically take for granted that whatever they announce is available in precious Galaxy; we can't take for granted that it is available with the offline "backup" standalone installers. Additionally, I don't always race to get every update, so if Disco Elysium offline installer didn't have "Final Cut" in the title and was just a new version number, I wouldn't necessarily know if it was the Final Cut that was now available or just the last most recent offline installer update (I know one could say this lack of keeping current is more of a "me" problem, but it does illustrate the point to some degree). I just want GOG to promote their selling point of the offline installers more too :)
Fair enough. Your comment makes more sense now with the context. :)
Tallima: I'm downloading now. 16GB! This is a big update!

I'm excited about the full English voice-over. The voices already have been wonderfully dreary. Should be fun!
Sooooo, you're saying, none of those Patch files will bring my existing game upto Final? I have to re-download the entire game?
Post edited April 02, 2021 by tritone
I hate my country so fucking much
Tallima: I'm downloading now. 16GB! This is a big update!

I'm excited about the full English voice-over. The voices already have been wonderfully dreary. Should be fun!
tritone: Sooooo, you're saying, none of those Patch files will bring my existing game upto Final? I have to re-download the entire game?
The ofline patch is 16.5GB, 6 patches in total. Interestingly, the base game is no longer there. I wonder if the patch is the game now.

Edit: I looked again. Sure enough, it is the game, not a patch. So you can't download and play the not-final cut anymore.
Post edited April 02, 2021 by Tallima
I guess all patches are obsolete now?
Is it just me, the new version was heating my laptop in an unusual way just from the text only beginning? I'll try again later when the air is cooler!
Post edited April 02, 2021 by Dogmaus