It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Surfin' the highway.

<span class="bold">Death Road to Canada</span>, an outrageous road trip simulator about managing a vehicle full of unpleasant people that the zombies still find tasty, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% launch discount.

Crowded vehicles are scientifically proven to bring the worst out of humans and this one is no different; it's full of obnoxious morons who want to cross a sea of undead on a car - and you must help them! Step on it and overrun the brainless hordes, or proceed on foot and throw large pieces of furniture at them. Every now and then your horrible passengers will claw and bicker at each other about how to handle the Interactive Fiction events, so it's again your job to help resolve matters without (much) bloodshed. This post-apocalyptic highway is a regular madhouse: survivors with weird abilities, unusual weapons, rare events, a shotgun-wielding puppy - it has it all! All but a steady hand to sort out the mess and keep the growling pedestrians from jumping on board without a ticket.

Make your way through hundreds of pixelated undead as your car hits the <span class="bold">Death Road to Canada</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 10% launch discount will last until September 13, 12:59 PM, UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IgDfaBmV3TY
Post edited September 07, 2016 by maladr0Id
murkki: Probably because developers did lot's of bug squashing and balance tweaks after initial release.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/deathroad/announcements/detail/789641743936507434
. Big Update 2 will likely focus on splitscreen co-op and possibly Steam Workshop mod support!
Post edited September 06, 2016 by Painted_Doll
I can only hope that this song plays when you're driving the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.
So is this really like Dead Rising just in pixels? Never played Dead Rising but loved to see the gameplay on youtube.
tinyE: Actually no.

That's just the way most Canadians look. :P

JOKE! I love Canada! Put down your hockey sticks! I love you all and I'm rocking out to "Moving Pictures" as I type this!
Painted_Doll: I heard lacrosse is the real national sport of Canada not ice hockey .
IAmSinistar:
Painted_Doll:
This is a little known truth. Very good Sir. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPG2XrdtpM

Where is character creator in GOG release ? :S

I played a bit but I can't see it :(

and it's on the game page :

"Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game. Have them show up and get eaten!"

EDIT : I got character creation after tutorial .
Post edited September 06, 2016 by Skysect
I was just reading about this on another forum; people were really enthusiastic about it. I was just thinking of buying it on Steam; maybe I'll buy it here instead.

Or maybe I'll hold off for a while, until I can be sure that these "big monthly updates" will actually come to GOG...
Skysect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPG2XrdtpM

"Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game. Have them show up and get eaten!"
From the main menu choose Start --> Custom characters
Skysect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPG2XrdtpM

murkki: From the main menu choose Start --> Custom characters
Game instantly starting with random characters if I press to Start ?
Did I miss something ?
Post edited September 06, 2016 by Skysect
AgentBirdnest: Release date: July 21. Why the delay?
muntdefems: Not absolutely sure, but it seems to me they focused on releasing only on Steam until they got a more or less definitive version of the game before releasing it elsewhere.

Incidentally, they never talked about GOG in their Kickstarter page. The DRM-free version was supposed to be released through Humble, but as I'm writing this the Humble Store still sells this game as a Steam key only...
well, don't know if it willl lift your worries or thicken them up...

but i already bought a handful of games on humble store in the past because they were advertised/labelled on HB Store as available in DRM FREE format (they have a logo for platforms)... only to find out the drm free version didnt exist/were not available yet, for the moment, and it kept being unavailable for months (but finally the drm free build appeared in my HB library some day)

from what i can remember, the two games like that i finally got drm free build mo,nths (one year even) after were:
Starbound
Melody Escape

So, my call is: ifyou buy a game that is advertized as available drm free on humble store and when you get it on your library you get no drm free build, dont wait... immediatly request a refund on the base of false advertising.
Skysect: Game instantly starting with random characters if I press to Start ?
Did I miss something ?
It's probably tutorial.
Game makes you play that through at least once.
Did I miss something ?
murkki: It's probably tutorial.
Game makes you play that through at least once.
Thanks I saw it now :D
Did I miss something ?
I know other people answered with text so I will just go with a picture :) See attached :)
Attachments:
nvm
Post edited September 06, 2016 by Painted_Doll
Did I miss something ?
JudasIscariot: I know other people answered with text so I will just go with a picture :) See attached :)
Yeah I didn't know it was tutorial :D I thought it's actual game sorry . Game looks awesome for me . I really like those type of games Enter the Gungeon etc . it's pixel supremacy :D
Oh, indie, randomly generated, "pixel" art and zombies.

Original.
IAmSinistar: Pixel Vomit: The Game

Another game reluctantly released on GOG in order to drum up profit? Yah, I'd pass on that account, if I wasn't already passing because it looks like a terrible game.
Given the recent output I thoroughly expected to see Devolver as the publisher, but nope, it's some random new studio...

Seems then that GOG will release any game with quote-unquote "retro" appeal... unless it comes from a AAA developer from the golden age, then it's apparently not worth it.
Post edited September 06, 2016 by ReynardFox