It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

COLLAPSED is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until August 8th, 5pm UTC.

Collapsed is a post-apocalyptic roguelike action-platformer. Hunt your prey through vast procedurally-generated levels filled with tough enemies, useful loot and experience points. Fight alone or with a friend – either way, it won’t be easy!
low rated
Cheaper Dead Cells?
Looked interesting until they said 'Roguelike' in the video. Too bad. Could have been a good game.
Oh, come on. There are plenty of great roguelites/likes out there; a trend does not make a game bad, even if the majority of those which follow it actually are. Like open world games, almost all sucks but eventually you're bound to find a good one.

This one appeals to me, I'd just like to know if it has local coop. Online is confirmed, but I'm not sure about the other.
Enebias: Oh, come on. There are plenty of great roguelites/likes out there; a trend does not make a game bad, even if the majority of those which follow it actually are. Like open world games, almost all sucks but eventually you're bound to find a good one.

This one appeals to me, I'd just like to know if it has local coop. Online is confirmed, but I'm not sure about the other.
I dont necciarealy thing he is saying the game is bad because it is a rougelike i think just isnt the type of genre from him

Honestly feel the same way I never really like rougelike/lite games I cant put my finger on why but i just can never enjoy them. It just dispaointing when you see a game that you would other wise enjoy have "Rougelike" slaped somewhere in the disprecption..
Enebias: Oh, come on. There are plenty of great roguelites/likes out there; a trend does not make a game bad, even if the majority of those which follow it actually are. Like open world games, almost all sucks but eventually you're bound to find a good one.

Steam says coop and online-coop.
Logically, that should mean there is local coop...

Edit: nope, it has no local coop:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1074610/discussions/0/1640913421069284488/
Post edited August 01, 2019 by BreOl72

BreOl72: Steam says coop and online-coop.
From observation over many games, steam never reliably means that you can infer that. Co-op plus online co-op only means online co-op, and may or may not have local co-op as well.

Incidentally those tags are chosen by the publisher, not Steam, and publishers are usually sloppy/careless in multiple details of their store pages. Any tag or other small detail that you care about generally needs double-checking.

As for rogue-like/rogue-lite, different developers/publishers mean the terms differently, so you can't be sure what properties or genres are actually meant -- so this is definitely a subject where that term should not be used to judge a book by its cover.

(Examples: some use those terms to mean permadeath, some don't; some think they mean dungeon crawler, others don't; some are *completely* confused as to what they mean, and so on)
Though it was Collapse, that old action slasher, with neat combat (for old game standard anyway)l.
Lifthrasil: Looked interesting until they said 'Roguelike' in the video. Too bad. Could have been a good game.
You guys are getting quite old with your pseudo arguments. :/

That aside, I get some strong Dead Cells vibe, although in a different way. That's good because I got bummed at Dead Cells manipulating me into missing that item I got from the final boss. Haven't played much of the game since.

Coop is a strong point for this one. Wait and see.

On the roguelite-like front (yeah, "rouge" is red in french so, not gonna use this one :P), rogue is not really a genre of game, more like a set of specific mechanics implementation.

Dead cells is a platform/adventure for instance, Binding of isaac an exploration/shoot em up, etc...
Post edited August 01, 2019 by Zoidberg
Im just so sick of the "retro" look. What our current systems are capable of, even the phone Im writing this on, is ridiculous. Gaming was always trying to get more realistic and add new features, and the current trend is to make a game with the tech from 40 years ago, slap a $30 tag on it, and hope we buy it up.

Im not saying none of them are good, fairly priced, or enjoyable to some, but just look at all the releases from this year and at least 2/3 are "old school"

"Rogue Legacy" comes to mind... (muses)
Gylfe: Im just so sick of the "retro" look. What our current systems are capable of, even the phone Im writing this on, is ridiculous. Gaming was always trying to get more realistic and add new features, and the current trend is to make a game with the tech from 40 years ago, slap a $30 tag on it, and hope we buy it up.

Im not saying none of them are good, fairly priced, or enjoyable to some, but just look at all the releases from this year and at least 2/3 are "old school"
And I think that people should effin stop to whine about retro graphics on bloody GOG.com.

Sigh. You don't like retro graphics? Then go look for not retro graphics.

Or is it too much for you to bear that other people find what they like too on this site?
Gylfe: Im just so sick of the "retro" look. What our current systems are capable of, even the phone Im writing this on, is ridiculous. Gaming was always trying to get more realistic and add new features, and the current trend is to make a game with the tech from 40 years ago, slap a $30 tag on it, and hope we buy it up.

This is no retro look. These pixels are tiny. And did you miss those super flashy gifs on the shop page? Plenty of modern visual effects.
Do you want a 2D platformer in photorealisitc graphic? That would be very hard to discern visually and super silly. Because platformers tend to have very ...unrealistic level designs.
SpecShadow: Though it was Collapse, that old action slasher
This was my first thought as well.

BreOl72: Steam says coop and online-coop.

Edit: nope, it has no local coop:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1074610/discussions/0/1640913421069284488/
Your link says there's a chance it will have local in the future. I think I might wait til then to buy :) I really wish offline forms of multiplayer were treated with equal importance to online.

One thing a lot of retro-style indies get right is including local multiplayer (like was THE STANDARD in gaming and sorely missed by everyone except greedy companies like EA).