It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience the second era of scientific discovery and step aboard the Helios, a colossal vessel born from Nikola Tesla’s vision. Close to the Sun adventure game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. Join journalist Rose Archer who enters Helios in search of her sister and quickly discovers that not all is as it seems…

Until 12th May, 2 PM UTC, Close to the Sun and Deliver Us The Moon games receive a 25% discount on GOG.COM. If you already own Deliver Us The Moon or decide to buy both mentioned titles from Wired Productions the discount on Close to the Sun will rise to 35%, also until 12th May, 2 PM UTC.
AHF1349: You, too:

1) Game exclusive on Epic.
2) Game FREE on Epic.
3) Game DRM free on Epic (yes it is)
4) Game for $15 DRM-free on GOG..
Swedrami: Depends on which definition of DRM-free you're going with of course, but if a client is still mandatory to download, install and especially maintain/update/patch the game in question... well, it's not exactly DRM-free then, is it?
IMHO there are several levels of DRM freedom. There are a lot games which do not have any DRM implemented but must be received through Steam or Epic Games Launcher respectively. In these cases the launchers function as mere download managers. You can simply copy the games to another computer without any clients installed and play them there. Setup any "sandbox" VM for running the clients and you are good to go. For GOG games all you need is a web browser, yes. But in either case the games are tied to an account. So the ultimate level of DRM freedom would be software which does not have any kind of copy protection and does not require an account. Unfortunately it has been ten years or more since I have seen something like this on PC.

To me DRM free means I have a copy which the publisher cannot inactivate, remove or alter in any way after I have downloaded it.
Swedrami: Depends on which definition of DRM-free you're going with of course, but if a client is still mandatory to download, install and especially maintain/update/patch the game in question... well, it's not exactly DRM-free then, is it?
Well your web browser is a client, so if downloading a game via a client makes a game not DRM-free then none of the game on Gog are.

For me there is a difference between the mean to obtain the game binaries and actually play the game once it is is in your possession.

If you can take the game binaries, move it to any computer, including offline ones, and play said game without ever needing to activate it online then for me it's definitely quality as it being fully DRM-free.

Whenever the game was downloaded / installed / updated using Wget, a browser, a client or directly engraved on your HD by the tooth fairy, is irrelevant. Of course having clean installer / patches is definitely a plus and a lot more convenient (hence why I would always prefer DRM-free games on Gog rather than DRM-free ones on Steam) for archiving purpose, but it doesn't impact whenever the game itself is DRM-free or not.
Martian12: Is this as blatant a Bioshock rip off as it seems? Am I missing something?
I would see it more as an hommage to Bioshock. The srtstyle and the setting is completely inspired by Bioshock and it even contains the "Would you kindly" sentence one time ... the devs are truly inspired by Bioshock - but it is not and you should not expect a Bioshock like game. Like I said before, it is more or less a Walking Sim in a Bioshock similar setting.
Hi
For those interested in a Linux version of: Deliver Us The Moon
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/deliver_us_the_moon_linux
It’s good here have can still link!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/428660/discussions/0/1735468061764944319/
LinuxFire: Hi
For those interested in a Linux version of: Deliver Us The Moon
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/deliver_us_the_moon_linux
It’s good here have can still link!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/428660/discussions/0/1735468061764944319/
Just out of curiosity. Is "Deliver us the mooon" somehow connected to "Close to the Sun" or was it just an association from your side because of the more or less related titles (moon/sun)?
Post edited May 07, 2020 by MarkoH01
It’s two games have simply, the editor in common. (Unreal Engine 4 also)
The page talks about the game, and seemed appropriate for me to show the will, for those (like me) who are interested in the Linux version.
Moreover it is no longer possible, to put links in vows, here it is still possible.
I made the vow because it seems possible.
:-)
Post edited May 07, 2020 by LinuxFire
LinuxFire: It’s two games have simply, the editor in common. (Unreal Engine 4 also)
The page talks about the game, and seemed appropriate for me to show the will, for those (like me) who are interested in the Linux version.
Moreover it is no longer possible, to put links in vows, here it is still possible.
I made the vow because it seems possible.
:-)
Ah yes, now I see that it is actually mentioned in the OP ... confusion cleared - thanks for the explanation :)
Happy with your answer, friend.
I was a little afraid of being too much with my comment;
again him with Linux.
But it worked there was a vote:)
To your health;-)
For being close to the sun the screenshots are quite dark. Is the game really that dark?
low rated
eiii: For being close to the sun the screenshots are quite dark. Is the game really that dark?
Some areas are brightly lit, and some are a bit dark.....but it's mostly easy to navigate through the game(as long as the brightness/etc settings are set right, that is). :)

Now RUNNING AWAY FROM CERTAIN BADDIES.....that is a different story....it can be a bit difficult, but thankfully you get infinite re-tries.
I got this on Epic in a sale and my advice is wait for a super cheap sale price. All it has it atmosphere, the puzzles are super simplistic and the "action" segments are annoying and poorly designed.
GameRager: Some areas are brightly lit, and some are a bit dark.....but it's mostly easy to navigate through the game(as long as the brightness/etc settings are set right, that is). :)
Sounds good. Thanks!

GameRager: Now RUNNING AWAY FROM CERTAIN BADDIES.....that is a different story....it can be a bit difficult, but thankfully you get infinite re-tries.
But infinite retries are nothing for me, I usually give up after the second retry. :P
low rated
eiii: Sounds good. Thanks!
No problem. :)

eiii: But infinite retries are nothing for me, I usually give up after the second retry. :P
Once one has the paths/actions down pat, they usually aren't too difficult(on average)....I got most of them after several tries at most(of course some might have a different experience). They mainly consist of running in the right direction, and sometimes rarely pressing a button on a console or nearby wall while running.
------------------------------------------

Also of note: Once you are "locked into" a running sequence you cannot go back to do the prior areas...you must press on.
Post edited May 09, 2020 by GameRager