It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience the second era of scientific discovery and step aboard the Helios, a colossal vessel born from Nikola Tesla’s vision. Close to the Sun adventure game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. Join journalist Rose Archer who enters Helios in search of her sister and quickly discovers that not all is as it seems…

Until 12th May, 2 PM UTC, Close to the Sun and Deliver Us The Moon games receive a 25% discount on GOG.COM. If you already own Deliver Us The Moon or decide to buy both mentioned titles from Wired Productions the discount on Close to the Sun will rise to 35%, also until 12th May, 2 PM UTC.
Zoidberg: There is no key rebinding implemented in those games. Non-qwerty users be damned, I guess.
A good point. Maybe rebinding keys (or not) needs to be on the store's feature list of games in future. I don't care about defaults, but as someone who never uses QWERTY, it would be frustrating to me to buy a game and realise I can#t control it in a way that's comfortable and convenient to me. Off my wishlist then!
"Epic Epic it was free on Epic"

We get it guys. Buy it here or don't. This release looks awesome...exploring a Bioshock-style world? Also M-Rated? Great graphics too? Yes please.
Zoidberg: There is no key rebinding implemented in those games. Non-qwerty users be damned, I guess.
kdgog: A good point. Maybe rebinding keys (or not) needs to be on the store's feature list of games in future. I don't care about defaults, but as someone who never uses QWERTY, it would be frustrating to me to buy a game and realise I can#t control it in a way that's comfortable and convenient to me. Off my wishlist then!
Thanks and YES! I think I added a wish for that.
kdgog: A good point. Maybe rebinding keys (or not) needs to be on the store's feature list of games in future. I don't care about defaults, but as someone who never uses QWERTY, it would be frustrating to me to buy a game and realise I can#t control it in a way that's comfortable and convenient to me. Off my wishlist then!
If you don't want to wait for the dev to rectify this deficiency and don't mind a bit of tinkering you might want to give Autohotkey a try.
Here it has achievements so I consider the GOG release superior to the one that was previously given for free.
Oh hai, Bioshock.
MarkoH01: You missed one step:

1) Game exclusive on Epic.
2) Game FREE on Epic.
3) Game for $15 DRM-free on GOG..
I'll gladly pay $15 with a GoG release rather than free with epic; epic doesn't even have an offline mode as you need to login ONLINE in order to go Offline; Fuck epic, that's the solitary reason I won't ever buy any games from them!

EDIT:Epic may have DRM Free titles yet they still have ones that mandate the launcher to run, so my point still stands as GoG doesn't require a launcher for theirs! (DXMD still needs to fix their DLCs though!)[/i]

Zoidberg: FYI PROSPECTIVE BUYERS!

There is no key rebinding implemented in those games. Non-qwerty users be damned, I guess.
Thanks for this info; 100% deal-breaker for me!
Post edited May 05, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
high rated

2) Game FREE on Epic.
AHF1349: You, too:

2) Game FREE on Epic.
3) Game DRM free on Epic (yes it is)
4) Game for $15 DRM-free on GOG..
Depends on which definition of DRM-free you're going with of course, but if a client is still mandatory to download, install and especially maintain/update/patch the game in question... well, it's not exactly DRM-free then, is it?
takezodunmer2005: epic doesn't even have an offline mode as you need to login ONLINE in order to go Offline;
That's not true. I can start their DRM-free games without logging in.
I can even pull the plug to the internet.

2) Game FREE on Epic.
Digital_CHE: I Know it was FREE on EPIC... I created an account there just for this game on Linux via Lutris...
To play this game without that bloatware is evolution.

About the price, the game has regional pricing.
How come the game costs three times as much in Spain? 15 euros vs 5.50 dollars.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by arrua
takezodunmer2005: epic doesn't even have an offline mode as you need to login ONLINE in order to go Offline;
BreOl72: That's not true. I can start their DRM-free games without logging in.
I can even pull the plug to the internet.
I am not talking about their DRM free titles, I'm obviously talking about the launcher dependent ones... BTW You outlined the wrong quote from my post:

"Epic may have DRM Free titles yet they still have ones that mandate the launcher to run, so my point still stands as GoG doesn't require a launcher for theirs!"
Post edited May 05, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
Digital_CHE: I Know it was FREE on EPIC... I created an account there just for this game on Linux via Lutris...
To play this game without that bloatware is evolution.

About the price, the game has regional pricing.
arrua: How come the game costs three times as much in Spain? 15 euros vs 5.50 dollars.
Check the price on Steam.. The difference in the regional pricing is more huge...
https://steamdb.info/app/968870/
takezodunmer2005: I am not talking about their DRM free titles, I'm obviously talking about the launcher dependent ones...

2) Game FREE on Epic.
takezodunmer2005: I'll gladly pay $15 with a GoG release rather than free with epic; epic doesn't even have an offline mode as you need to login ONLINE in order to go Offline;
You obviously talked about "Close to the Sun". Which is DRM-free on Epic and on GOG.
takezodunmer2005: I'll gladly pay $15 with a GoG release rather than free with epic; epic doesn't even have an offline mode as you need to login ONLINE in order to go Offline;
BreOl72: You obviously talked about "Close to the Sun". Which is DRM-free on Epic and on GOG.
Yes, but my edit was clearly noting that fact, re-read the entire post, not just the skimmed keywords...

EDIT:Epic may have DRM Free titles yet they still have ones that mandate the launcher to run, so my point still stands as GoG doesn't require a launcher for theirs! (DXMD still needs to fix their DLCs though!)[/i]
BreOl72: You obviously talked about "Close to the Sun". Which is DRM-free on Epic and on GOG.
takezodunmer2005: Yes, but my edit was clearly noting that fact, re-read the entire post, not just the skimmed keywords...

You mean that edit from 7 minutes ago?
My comment was made 35 minutes ago.