It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a gunslinger you always dreamt to be with these two western classics.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger are now available DRM-free. Get them both, as well as other Techland games, up to -75% during our Techland Publisher Week. Promo ends on September 20th, 1PM UTC.

Follow the story of the McCall brothers in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. They will kill anyone who stands between them and the legendary Gold of Juarez in order to save their family. But when the allure of money and women tests their bond, will the blood they share prove to be thicker than water?

From the dust of a gold mine to the dirt of a saloon, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a real homage to the Wild West tales. Live the epic and violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter on the trail of the West’s most notorious outlaws. Blurring the lines between man and myth, this adventure made of memorable encounters unveils the untold truth behind some of the greatest legends of the Old West.
Can we have Skyrim next, please?
kai2: If you want a strong story with ok gameplay, play Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.

If you want strong gameplay with ok story, play Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

If -- after playing the other two -- you're a completionist who doesn't mind "jank," play Call of Juarez.
Perfect answer. Thanks.
mechmouse: I'll take an Epic timed exclusive over a life long Steam "Exclusive" any day
takezodunmer2005: Except that you cannot play epic launcher games without logging online, as you need to do that in order to go offline... don't believe me? Unplug your Ethernet/wifi first, then try to play the epic launcher's games... ironically, even steam has an offline mode, while epic doesn't.
But he is not going to play EGS games.
He says that it is better if the game is the exclusive of EGS ONLY A YEAR, than of Steam forever.
In principle, with all the dishonesty of the EGS, he is right.
mechmouse: I'll take an Epic timed exclusive over a life long Steam "Exclusive" any day
takezodunmer2005: Except that you cannot play epic launcher games without logging online, as you need to do that in order to go offline... don't believe me? Unplug your Ethernet/wifi first, then try to play the epic launcher's games... ironically, even steam has an offline mode, while epic doesn't.
Need to test that.
in the last 4 years I've bought
0 Steam games
2 Epic games
and
620+ GoG games.

My point however, is I'd rather a game be exclusive to Epic for a year than be exclusive indefinitely on Steam.

Epic release means ;
The game doesn't have core functionality bound to Steamworks, which is the primary reason a game doesn't get a GoG release.
That Developers are not releasing and moving onto next project, leaving it stuck on Epic. They'll want/need to release outside of epic to get full return, and the effort to then release to gog is far less.
Gunslinger is a really fun and innovative title that managed to "play" with genre conventions and story telling. I highly advice people to pick it up if you have any interest in FPS games.
shmerl: Never heard of it before. Looks like GUN on steroids. I'll probably buy it if it works well in Wine.
Both Bound in Blood and Gunslinger seem to run well from what I've played so far. They need WMP9 installed for videos to work, and Bound in Blood requires D9VK to render properly.
mechmouse: Need to test that.
in the last 4 years I've bought
0 Steam games
2 Epic games
and
620+ GoG games.

My point however, is I'd rather a game be exclusive to Epic for a year than be exclusive indefinitely on Steam.

Epic release means ;
The game doesn't have core functionality bound to Steamworks, which is the primary reason a game doesn't get a GoG release.
That Developers are not releasing and moving onto next project, leaving it stuck on Epic. They'll want/need to release outside of epic to get full return, and the effort to then release to gog is far less.
I agree that steam needs to be trumped by epic from their monopoly, it's just that epic is not the one to do it for the simple fact that it doesn't have a functional offline mode, if it did, they would be my second go-to for games, because; fuck steam!

I should have stressed that much more in my last post.
Ok, G(GG)man suggests that:
- CoJ4 Gunslinger is the best game of the series.
- CoJ2 Bound in Blood comes second and CoJ1 is third.
- CoJ3 Cartel is the worst one, but it's not on Gog anyway.
Post edited September 14, 2019 by phaolo
high rated
tfishell: Very cool, thanks GOG and Techland. If staff happens to see this, you can complete these two wishes:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/call_of_juarez_bound_in_blood
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/call_of_juarez_gunslinger

Is CoJ: The Cartel really that bad? (Setting aside story) obviously GOG declined that one.
Wishes completed! :)
Post edited September 14, 2019 by chandra
chandra: Wishes completed! :)
thanks!
How does the gameplay of Bound in Blood and Gunslinger compare to the gameplay of the first Call of Juarez?

I've tried the first Call of Juarez. The game looks great and has a nice atmosphere and music. But the gameplay is completely disappointing. For me it's not a shooter, it's a heavily scripted action adventure at best, with stealth, platforming and even timed sections.

Is the gameplay in Bound in Blood and Gunslinger similar to the first game or are they actually real shooters?
eiii: How does the gameplay of Bound in Blood and Gunslinger compare to the gameplay of the first Call of Juarez?

I've tried the first Call of Juarez. The game looks great and has a nice atmosphere and music. But the gameplay is completely disappointing. For me it's not a shooter, it's a heavily scripted action adventure at best, with stealth, platforming and even timed sections.

Is the gameplay in Bound in Blood and Gunslinger similar to the first game or are they actually real shooters?
Gameplay is fast, refined, and great in Gunslinger and solid with a few kinks in Bound in Blood. Both are far, far beyond CoJ1.
Post edited September 15, 2019 by kai2
GOG,

Any chance you can add to the Gunslinger purchase the high dpi variations on the Gunslinger poster art that Techland used to make available for free on their site? I printed, matted, and framed the images and would be cool to get them in a package here alongside the game.

just a thought
kai2: GOG,

Any chance you can add to the Gunslinger purchase the high dpi variations on the Gunslinger poster art that Techland used to make available for free on their site? I printed, matted, and framed the images and would be cool to get them in a package here alongside the game.

just a thought
You can also contact support here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other
shmerl: Never heard of it before. Looks like GUN on steroids. I'll probably buy it if it works well in Wine.
adamhm: Both Bound in Blood and Gunslinger seem to run well from what I've played so far. They need WMP9 installed for videos to work, and Bound in Blood requires D9VK to render properly.
Good to know, thanks!