It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Full Release ahead!

<span class="bold">Bounty Train</span>, a railroad simulation/management game set in the Old West, has graduated Games in Development and is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Ready to ride through America on your "steel horse"? Real historical events, bandit attacks, bold inventions, and your personal brand of business-handling are about to change the course of 19th century North America. The game's full release adds to the storyline, while bringing new quests and overall improvements to the GID version.

<span class="bold">upgrade to Trainium Edition</span> and gain access to sweet upcoming goodies: the digital artbook, the soundtrack, two special items, and the first DLC, once it's released.

Ride the trailer.
Post edited May 16, 2017 by maladr0Id
Looks nice, someday... :)
Maxvorstadt: Looks like the Hype Train derailed today....
amok: in which way?
Towards oblivion....
SeduceMePlz: I'm glad Bounty Train is here, but someone should say it:

Is this the release today? Seriously?

I was hoping for Empathy: Path of Whispers. Or perhaps Dead Cells. Or some other hot new indie. Or a surprise DRM-free classic... Oblivion, maybe? But instead we get a game that's been in-dev here for a year...

Wouldn't a system where normal releases are known ahead of time be better? This recurring disappointment most Tuesdays and Thursdays is getting old... and it's killing my enthusiasm for GOG.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/communicate_release_schedule_in_advance
Dead Cells should be releasing here, but not as long as it's early access on Steam. I asked the devs.

Also, if I believe the first review, there hasn't been much updates in the last half year apparently?
Post edited May 17, 2017 by Zoidberg
So now In-Development titles count as two releases? One when the InDev is announced and again at release?
The Trainium Edition upgrade feels costly to me. I wonder if I can ditch the digital artbook + soundtrack, and just snag the exclusive train, companion and future DLC 1 for half the price?

blotunga: So now In-Development titles count as two releases? One when the InDev is announced and again at release?
Steam does this too. Although, the game's visibility is determined by Steam's algorithm, which seems to be partially calculated by a user's region, purchase history and preferences. Personally, I actually appreciate it, as I don't bother with in-dev titles till I know they are done, and GOG needs to let me know when that is.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by Nicole28
Wishlisted for now, there's a couple of racing games coming out soon that I'm saving my money for.
Looks fun though, like a fresh take on Sid Meier's Railroads with some Tower Defense elements.
blotunga: So now In-Development titles count as two releases? One when the InDev is announced and again at release?
It has been this way ever since in-dev was introduced to GOG.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/in_development_ashes_of_the_singularity_0ce15
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_ashes_of_the_singularity_d814d
ZFR: "Trainium" Edition? Are they running out of names?

EDIT: Game doesn't look bad. Might check it out sometime.
the game looks quite good........ i followed it on steam cause when first screenshots appeared i hoped it would be no 3d, but it is 3d, i also noticed the reviews are mixed and the dev seems to take its time to fix and sort things out.

24.99 is quite expensive no matter how good a game looks, i seems to have some bug problems, has been in ea (early access) or so for 1.5 years.

I don't buy games that are still in dev unless the game is 10 cents to max. 2 euros, then i am willing to give it a try if i like the game, cause i rather play my games then spending time in the forums looking for bug solutions or updates.

The most expensive early access game i bought at steam was 3 or 4 euros, so far haven't seen any updates.
I also noticed that many games in early access got abandoned at steam, so i rather buy games that are ready to be sold, no in dev or anything like it. (unless its 10 cents to 4 euros top)
Post edited May 17, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Sorry, MOW: Corsair burned me so badly that there is no way in hell I am buying anything in the first year of actual release, and this for £25 is no exception. It looks ok, might even be fun, but the dev has no impetus to finish the game, been selling it for years already.
SeduceMePlz: snip
Zoidberg: Dead Cells should be releasing here, but not as long as it's early access on Steam. I asked the devs.
Thanks for the heads up.

If they don't already, GOG should proactively pursue hot indie games - in this case, contact the devs and invite them to join the in-development program on GOG.

Gamers are talking about Dead Cells right now; in my neck of the woods at least, it's the hot new thing. By the time GOG actually gets it, they'll have missed the prime selling window. Yeah, some of us (me) will wait for a DRM-free release, and some of us (not me) refuse to buy any in-dev games. But I'd bet there are a LOT of gamers would have insta-bought Dead Cells had it released here this week.

Grargar: It has been this way ever since in-dev was introduced to GOG.
I don't mind the double announcement, but it'd be nice if a game coming out of in-dev didn't count as that day's release. That just makes for a disappointing day.
SeduceMePlz: I don't mind the double announcement, but it'd be nice if a game coming out of in-dev didn't count as that day's release. That just makes for a disappointing day.
Much better than no game at all.
Grargar: Much better than no game at all.
If this isn't an error in judgement, if GOG really does need to pad the release schedule with games coming out of in-dev to avoid not having a Tue/Thu addition... then GOG's situation is much more dire than I thought.

Or they're rejecting even more games than I thought.
SeduceMePlz: If this isn't an error in judgement, if GOG really does need to pad the release schedule with games coming out of in-dev to avoid not having a Tue/Thu addition... then GOG's situation is much more dire than I thought.

Or they're rejecting even more games than I thought.
Or maybe you're looking into it way too much. There have been Tuesdays where nothing has been released at all (at least one in February and another one in March).
Grargar: Or maybe you're looking into it way too much. There have been Tuesdays where nothing has been released at all (at least one in February and another one in March).
Yeah, you're probably right. For me, it's been a rather disappointing year on GOG so far. I'm used to the early part of the year being mostly lackluster - it's almost a GOG tradition. But we're halfway through May, and I was expecting 2017 to be a great year on GOG.

I want GOG to be flush with great releases, dammit! ;)
Looks interesting. What makes me worried is developer's statement from another forum:

15 Oct, 2015 @ 10:56am
Good news - we will do Linux version. Bad news - we don't know exactly date of Linux version release. The best variant - November and the worst variant is 2016 year.