It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We definitely asked for this

<span class="bold">Ashes of the Singularity</span>, a vastly ambitious RTS of clashing transhuman armies, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer, and a 10% launch discount.

Was relying on A.I.s to transcend our biological limitations ever going to end well? Sure, post-humans may have used their unprecedented potential to conquer space, transform the planet, and achieve feats once thought unimaginable. But the greedy, manipulative human nature apparently transcends all. And once triumphs over technology and space became commonplace, so did the war for ultimate supremacy.

Much like the aforementioned synthetic super-brain, Ashes of the Singularity utilizes a multi-core A.I. that can simulate the challenge posed by (trans)human opponents in an awe-inspiring way. The powerful 64-bit engine can also offer us sprawling maps that support scores of super-detailed units, with their effectiveness decided by a targeting system which makes use of true line-of-sight physics. Since its early access phase, more playable factions, game modes, global abilities, and the single-player campaign Ascendancy War have also been added to the game.

Transcend the constraints of human nature and emerge victorious from the <span class="bold">Ashes of the Singularity</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% discount will last until April 7, 18:59 BST / 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT.
Tarm: Doesn't a LAN function make it easier to add Crossplay though? I think I read that somewhere. I'm no Techie so don't quote me on it.
If LAN is implemented then you could, in theory, connect and play with anyone regardless of whether they had the Steam or GOG version. The problem is that you're still dependent on the multiplayer lobbies to find other strangers who want to play the game right now, and those will remain segregated between the GOG and Steam versions.

Edit: and to be clear, I think implementing LAN would definitely be a good thing. It just doesn't solve the issue that I'm concerned about.
Post edited April 01, 2016 by Darvin
Tarm: Doesn't a LAN function make it easier to add Crossplay though? I think I read that somewhere. I'm no Techie so don't quote me on it.
Darvin: If LAN is implemented then you could, in theory, connect and play with anyone regardless of whether they had the Steam or GOG version. The problem is that you're still dependent on the multiplayer lobbies to find other strangers who want to play the game right now, and those will remain segregated between the GOG and Steam versions.

Edit: and to be clear, I think implementing LAN would definitely be a good thing. It just doesn't solve the issue that I'm concerned about.
What I'm uncertain about is how it affect the way you integrate a client like Steam or Galaxy. I think LAN support lays the foundation for shared lobbies so to speak. At least I hope so. :)

Anyone else knows about this? I think I'll stop now before I dig myself deeper. :P
Tarm: What I'm uncertain about is how it affect the way you integrate a client like Steam or Galaxy. I think LAN support lays the foundation for shared lobbies so to speak. At least I hope so. :)
That doesn't change the fact that the Steam version uses Steamworks for its lobbies, which is only accessible to people with the Steam version of the game.
Tarm: What I'm uncertain about is how it affect the way you integrate a client like Steam or Galaxy. I think LAN support lays the foundation for shared lobbies so to speak. At least I hope so. :)
Darvin: That doesn't change the fact that the Steam version uses Steamworks for its lobbies, which is only accessible to people with the Steam version of the game.
Yeah but you know me. Trying to stay positive and looking for signs things might come in the future.
Tarm: Yeah but you know me. Trying to stay positive and looking for signs things might come in the future.
Again, there's a fairly good chance that LAN will be coming based on the developer comments. That's a plus, I'm not underselling that. However, there's practically zero chance of a shared multiplayer lobby given that the Steam version is using Steamworks.

Back to my original point, I'd like to know what the GOG lobbies are like. If anyone with the game could confirm the activity level, that would really be appreciated.
Unreal Tournament (1999) has crossplay. Why? It uses its own master browser. Funny how games from 2016 are vendor locked in like that.
Also: Why was the word "crossplay" in combination with Galaxy even propagated in merch shows and such if by principle it would not work?
Post edited April 03, 2016 by AlienMind
Tarm: Yeah but you know me. Trying to stay positive and looking for signs things might come in the future.
Darvin: Again, there's a fairly good chance that LAN will be coming based on the developer comments. That's a plus, I'm not underselling that. However, there's practically zero chance of a shared multiplayer lobby given that the Steam version is using Steamworks.

Back to my original point, I'd like to know what the GOG lobbies are like. If anyone with the game could confirm the activity level, that would really be appreciated.
I just checked and saw about 20 matches in progress. I checked last night, i think it was after midnight sometime anyway and saw about 6 or 7 matches going on. Those are the custom matches. There's also a ranked matchmaking system which I didn't check because I think that throws you in the game, and I wasn't actually wanting to play multiplayer yet; I'm not sure if ranked tells you how many games are being played because it's a matchmaker instead of a browser.
My computer can't play this on Extreme, started the first mission of the campaign and got unplayable framerates. Oh well, time for a new computer I guess.