It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bound by Flame is now available DRM-free. Get it 80% off until September 11th, 1pm UTC.

You are a mercenary possessed by a flame demon in a desperate world ravaged by seven Ice Lords. In this RPG where every choice counts, you will have to choose between unleashing the powers of the beast within and rejecting its demonic influence.
huan: I had the same issue - my solution was to just delete those files. Game defaults to chinese for a reason I can't fathom. If it can't find chinese pack, it defaults to CZE for me (I've gone great lengths to make sure my windows locale is english, still from time to time some game manages to dig up my timezone or whatever and use that).

At least english is universal fallback.
Cavalary: Based on that, thinking it takes them alphabetically.
Hmm, that's a possibility too. But I DO live in czechia, I just don't like my games to speak in czech, it just feels wrong. In any case, having multiple languages and relying on autodetection, without giving user any chance to select which language they want, should be considered a war crime.
This should be the kind of game I'd buy in a heartbeat, but watching the trailer the combat looks dreadfully jank, like there's absolutely no sense impact, or even basic connection with attacks, nothing reacts to anything happening to it.
Post edited September 05, 2019 by ReynardFox
high rated
Mawthra: ... the game defaults to Chinese...
This should be already fixed and available in Galaxy.
Updated offline installers are on the way too.
ReynardFox: This should be the kind of game I'd buy in a heartbeat, but watching the trailer the combat looks dreadfully jank, like there's absolutely no sense impact, or even basic connection with attacks, nothing reacts to anything happening to it.
IIRC, there is a stun/stagger threshold mechanic in the game. Each enemy has his own and there is gear and skills that affect it. But generally, if you hit enemy with small, quick but unimpactful weapons like daggers or short swords, you will simply not stagger them. If you pick up a huge 2 handed weapon, it is much easier to interrupt them/make them react to the hits. It accumulates as you hit them (degrades over time) and once you hit the threshold, they will get staggered, resetting the progress and you have to work up to the threshold again. The progress can degrade faster than you build it up in some cases, resulting in the enemies never staggering. So of course, the best DPS option is dual-wielding, but you better be on point with your dodges, because you will rarely interrupt their attacks.

But the tougher/boss enemies are basically immune to stagger anyway. And the higher difficulty you pick, the harder it is to hit the threshold since enemies have more health.

And I kinda liked it, otherwise it would have been pathetically easy to stun lock enemies.
Post edited September 05, 2019 by idbeholdME
LexRust: This should be already fixed and available in Galaxy.
Thank you!
LexRust: This should be already fixed and available in Galaxy.
Thanks a lot for the fix, I knew you would not let us down!
WooHoo! :)
ReynardFox: This should be the kind of game I'd buy in a heartbeat, but watching the trailer the combat looks dreadfully jank, like there's absolutely no sense impact, or even basic connection with attacks, nothing reacts to anything happening to it.
There is a certain lack of "connection" in the combat -- something Spiders improved considerably with Technomancer -- but it's not terrible. In fact I grew to really enjoy the BbF combat.
Does the game have a reasonably good story?
Moonbeam: Does the game have a reasonably good story?
It's ok... but don't expect to be emotionally involved.

There were some good characters and I enjoyed the ending, but the game is definitely centered on combat over story.

As I've said, I enjoyed the game and have played through 1 1/2 x, but its story isn't going to inspire you... just get you to the next combat.
kai2:
Thanks for the info:)
kai2:
Moonbeam: Thanks for the info:)
No worries. IMHO the game is well worth the current sale price, but... I absolutely love "Euro-jank" games.
I just finished it.
Even on easy, the combat was too hard for my liking, but well worth $6.00
If the language issue is fixed, can the 1 star reviews be removed? They are giving an overall incorrect image of the game.
olnorton: I just finished it.
Even on easy, the combat was too hard for my liking, but well worth $6.00
That was fast... Too hard but you finished it in less than 2 days? Damn...