It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Gods or Kings or DRM.

Update: Classic versions of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are now available. If you already own Bioshock Remastered or Bioshock 2 Remastered, you can download classic versions directly from your GOG library.

BioShock™ and BioShock 2™ Remastered are finally available DRM-free.

The legendary shooters emerge from somewhere beyond the sea, dripping with that deliciously claustrophobic atmosphere of decay, corruption, and human ambition gone wrong.
Widely considered as the gold standard for story-driven shooters with light RPG elements, they have been remastered to feature higher resolution textures and models, director's commentary, and several other additions that ensure time will never wash them away.
Pump yourself full of plasmids, pump your enemies full of bullets, and dive right back into Rapture's beautifully rotten halls.
high rated
Anime-BlackWolf: The old "Missing Sound with some onboard Soundchips"-Bug from "BioShock (2007)" unfortunately was brought over, too. I had hoped that one would have been fixed by now. :(
Right click on the game's .exe or shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this game in Compatibility Mode For -> and select either XP3 or Vista.
thank you!
Reynard_Muldrake: Any particular reason why Bioshock 2 has two sets of achievements and not Bioshock 1? Not complaining, just curious.
Bioshock 1 didn't have achievements on Steam, Bioshock 2 did. Seems they went through the trouble of implementing the achievements from Bioshock 2 anyway, minus the multiplayer achievements. While nice, it's weird they bothered as there are many other games they simply release without them instead.

Now I feel sad they didnt bother to set up something like Galaxy matchmaking as a replacement for the multiplayer in Bioshock 2, as it was one of the more amazing features of the original. Matches themselves are hosted by one of the players anyway, so it's not like they had to reserve any servers for that.
Post edited March 01, 2019 by Evixios
Has anyone encountered the classic bugs with the GOG versions of the Remasters?
tinyE: Has anyone encountered the classic bugs with the GOG versions of the Remasters?
No, instead I encountered some brand new bugs (i.e. using the camera in BS1 causing an instant crash or explosions in BS2 causing an instant crash). Both Remastered versions are basically unplayable for me. I'm playing them on a 10 year old piece of junk, so I'll take part of the blame.

As for the classic version of BS1, I somehow managed to crash the game while still in the main menu (!) and the various sound bugs (sounds cutting out when too many are playing simultaneously or sound being missing altogether) are still present, though they can probably be circumvented.
Reynard_Muldrake: Any particular reason why Bioshock 2 has two sets of achievements and not Bioshock 1? Not complaining, just curious.
Evixios: Bioshock 1 didn't have achievements on Steam, Bioshock 2 did. Seems they went through the trouble of implementing the achievements from Bioshock 2 anyway, minus the multiplayer achievements. While nice, it's weird they bothered as there are many other games they simply release without them instead. (XCOM: Enemy Unknown, also from 2K, comes up in my mind)
That's odd. Enemy Unknown has a boatload of achievements for me.
BeatriceElysia: Someone's gonna be very happy!
Yes. I am! :-)
Evixios: Bioshock 1 didn't have achievements on Steam, Bioshock 2 did. Seems they went through the trouble of implementing the achievements from Bioshock 2 anyway, minus the multiplayer achievements. While nice, it's weird they bothered as there are many other games they simply release without them instead. (XCOM: Enemy Unknown, also from 2K, comes up in my mind)
Crisco1492: That's odd. Enemy Unknown has a boatload of achievements for me.
Hmm, seems they did indeed. Might as well have been another 2K game like Mafia 2. Probably didn't remember too well. The idea was they could've not bothered at all, since it was a 'free' addition to the remaster but they did anyway. Which is something I do appreciate GOG doing while they're at it.

Now I feel sad they didnt bother to set up something like Galaxy matchmaking as a replacement for the multiplayer in Bioshock 2, as it was one of the more amazing features of the original. Matches themselves are hosted by one of the players anyway, so it's not like they had to reserve any servers for that.
Interesting. XCOM Enemy Unknown definitely has achievements though. I have most of them.
Crisco1492: That's odd. Enemy Unknown has a boatload of achievements for me.
Evixios: Hmm, seems they did indeed. Might as well have been another 2K game like Mafia 2. Probably didn't remember too well. The idea was they could've not bothered at all, since it was a 'free' addition to the remaster but they did anyway. Which is something I do appreciate GOG doing while they're at it.
Yeah, Mafia II doesn't have them. I don't mind all that much. Collecting all those posters was enough of a pain in the ass the first time around.
Post edited March 01, 2019 by Reynard_Muldrake
Better late than nothing. Thanks GOG and 2K.
tinyE: Has anyone encountered the classic bugs with the GOG versions of the Remasters?
fronzelneekburm: No, instead I encountered some brand new bugs (i.e. using the camera in BS1 causing an instant crash or explosions in BS2 causing an instant crash). Both Remastered versions are basically unplayable for me. I'm playing them on a 10 year old piece of junk, so I'll take part of the blame.

As for the classic version of BS1, I somehow managed to crash the game while still in the main menu (!) and the various sound bugs (sounds cutting out when too many are playing simultaneously or sound being missing altogether) are still present, though they can probably be circumvented.
Yeah for me Bioshock 1 Remastered on GOG is completely unplayable, and I tried everything. Couldn't get much past the opening sequence without it crashing. Hopefully the original will work better.
fronzelneekburm: No, instead I encountered some brand new bugs (i.e. using the camera in BS1 causing an instant crash or explosions in BS2 causing an instant crash). Both Remastered versions are basically unplayable for me. I'm playing them on a 10 year old piece of junk, so I'll take part of the blame.

Wait, you have that sound issue in 1? I never managed to fix it for 2!
And the remaster has the exact same issue!
Thank you!
Does the classic version of Bioshock 2 include Minerva's Den?
Nikit86: Does the classic version of Bioshock 2 include Minerva's Den?
Yes. The only thing it lacks is multi-player.