It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Gods or Kings or DRM.

Update: Classic versions of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are now available. If you already own Bioshock Remastered or Bioshock 2 Remastered, you can download classic versions directly from your GOG library.

BioShock™ and BioShock 2™ Remastered are finally available DRM-free.

The legendary shooters emerge from somewhere beyond the sea, dripping with that deliciously claustrophobic atmosphere of decay, corruption, and human ambition gone wrong.
Widely considered as the gold standard for story-driven shooters with light RPG elements, they have been remastered to feature higher resolution textures and models, director's commentary, and several other additions that ensure time will never wash them away.
Pump yourself full of plasmids, pump your enemies full of bullets, and dive right back into Rapture's beautifully rotten halls.
Maxvorstadt: When do the classic versions come to the shop?
ChrisGamer300: The classic versions are added as bonuses and will not be made a separate product. I can understand frustration since you will have to buy the remasters in order to get them.

It's actually similar to have Beamdog conduct their business but from 2K instead.
No classic versions available? Damn!
ChrisGamer300: The classic versions are added as bonuses and will not be made a separate product. I can understand frustration since you will have to buy the remasters in order to get them.

It's actually similar to have Beamdog conduct their business but from 2K instead.
Maxvorstadt: No classic versions available? Damn!
Why exactly ist that a problem ? I doubt the "classic" only version would be much cheaper anyway. Just buy the remastered versions and download the version you prefer.

@gog Thanks for classic version - lets see how the GPD Win copes with Bioshock 2

I
Wow! Sooner than I expected... and I'm am optimist.

Thanks guys!!!
Neat, have to make some space on my external hard drives.
Nice surprise to log in to.

Thanks everyone at GOG!
I haven't played BioShock "at the time", therefore free of all nostalgia: if I play the remastered versions, is there any reason to also play these classic versions?
ChrisSZ: I haven't played BioShock "at the time", therefore free of all nostalgia: if I play the remastered versions, is there any reason to also play these classic versions?
The classics have fewer bugs according to a quick google search.
ChrisSZ: I haven't played BioShock "at the time", therefore free of all nostalgia: if I play the remastered versions, is there any reason to also play these classic versions?
theslitherydeee: The classics have fewer bugs according to a quick google search.
So fewer bugs are the only reason that so many people wanted the classic versions here?
armitom: Downloading the Classic versions now, much better than the disasters that the remasters are, thank you GOG for adding them.
Does Bioshock 2 have online?
Nope...
Multiplayer component is removed together with multiplayer achievements in GOG version.
Post edited February 27, 2019 by K1ller
always glad to hear about these kind of updates, thanks guys.
Any particular reason why Bioshock 2 has two sets of achievements and not Bioshock 1? Not complaining, just curious.
The old "Missing Sound with some onboard Soundchips"-Bug from "BioShock (2007)" unfortunately was brought over, too. I had hoped that one would have been fixed by now. :(
Post edited February 27, 2019 by Anime-BlackWolf
theslitherydeee: The classics have fewer bugs according to a quick google search.
ChrisSZ: So fewer bugs are the only reason that so many people wanted the classic versions here?
Well at least some people say that they need the classic version because their hardware isn't fast enough. Thats the reason for me too, ,my main PC is fast enough for both titles but I am a heavy commuter and tend to play more on the go with my gpd win, so less demanding titles are always welcome.
Btw. I played through the Remastered version of BS1 with no bugs that were worth remembering (Intel i5/ some passive cooled nvidia 1060something)
thanks, appreciated