It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bet you didn’t expect this news, but here we are – Betrayer is now available on GOG for FREE, as we continuously work on making games last forever!

Betrayer is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure set in the New World during the early 17th century. You’ll step into the year 1604, having set sail from England with the expectation of joining a struggling colony on the Virginia coast. Instead of a thriving community though, you’ll be greeted by an eerie silence and mysteries; wondering what calamity befell this land, robbing it of vibrancy and life. Through the careful gathering of clues, your quest will be to reconstruct the narrative of this ill-fated settlement and uncover a way to restore order.

Check it out now, for FREE on GOG!

We'd also like to take a moment for a big thank you to Tyler, also known as tfishell – one of our fellow gaming enthusiasts, who helped us bring this gem to our catalog. We couldn't have asked for a more passionate and awesome community. Let's keep making games last forever, together.
Got this on steam, ecstatic that it now lives here, and for free, no less, I would have happily paid for it!

Time to crack open my de-steamed pile!
Not interested in this game (had gaziollon chances to get it for free already and skipped all of them) but I gotta say "Good job, tfishell!"
Now move to Poland and make GOG great again! :D
I loved this game, finished it on Steam. I'll replay it here for sure :)
Hello !

Is the free offer permanent ? Usually, when GOG offers a free game, there is a limit to the duration of the offer. But this time I don't see such information.

Thanks.
Post edited July 11, 2023 by Achilles.Duval
Is there a version with more color?
BTW, thanks for the appreciation / thanks everyone, even if I didn't reply to you :)

Achilles.Duval: Hello !

Is the free offer permanent ? Usually, when GOG offers a free game, there is a limit to the duration of the offer. But this time I don't see such information.

Thanks.
Per the info I have, yes the plan is for it to be free permanently. But I can't predict the future, so everyone who wants it should of course grab it as soon as they can. ;)

https://www.gog.com/en/games?priceRange=0,0
Edit: ninja'd
Post edited July 11, 2023 by maxpoweruser
Awesome work, @tfishell for your help in getting this game to GOG!

I remember many years ago I watched a video of someone playing "Betrayer" and I went out looking for the game, but the only place I could find it was on Steam, so I passed on it. I just can't imagine paying for something that can be taken away later, even if everyone else has faith that it won't be taken away.

Oh, don't get me wrong: I have a Steam account, and I do "own" games on there, but only a very small fraction of what I have here on GOG.

All that said, I would have gladly paid for this game, so again, thanks to tfishell and GOG and whoever the rights-owner is in this case for allowing it to be here.

It's times like this when I'm proud to be a GOG member!
Achilles.Duval: Is the free offer permanent ? Usually, when GOG offers a free game, there is a limit to the duration of the offer. But this time I don't see such information.

Thanks.
tfishell: Per the info I have, yes the plan is for it to be free permanently. But I can't predict the future, so everyone who wants it should of course grab it as soon as they can. ;)
So great ! Thank you so much :D
Thanks Tyler, also known as tfishell. Good work!
Crosmando: Is there a version with more color?
From the product page:

"Play with the default visual style for maximum eeriness and tension or customize the color and contrast settings to suit your tastes."
Spectrum_Legacy: The only thing that lowered the experience for me were graphical glitches (back then at least) on radeon gpus. They manifested as flickering white rectangles across certain shader/effect in game. No idea if it was ever fixed within amd driver or in game, or it's still present.
Guter: Yes, this title IIRC has always been showing graphical glitches on AMD GPUs back then.
I think that was the reason why it got delisted on steam.
I just installed the game and the glitches (white rectangles flashing on highlighted objects) are still there when using an RX 580.
FalloutDefault: I just installed the game and the glitches (white rectangles flashing on highlighted objects) are still there when using an RX 580.
So much about "this gem"! :p
I played it for about an hour and it runs really fine on my GTX1060. The save bug I read about also did not occur to me. Even with colors (which I prefer) the game has a special look and feel I really enjoy. A very special compliment to the German translators of the ingame text. They really gave it all and managed to use old German style language here as well which really adds to the immersion. I also really enjoy that the game does not punish you too much and let's you explore everything without being too linear. The only thing I have to ctitizise is that it is not fully playable (probably also not intended) to be played with a gamepad. Some prompts don't show (or keyboard prompts are shown instead) and in dialogues and on the map settings you will have to use the mouse to chose.

Thanks to Blackpowder Games, GOG and tfishell.
Thanks for bringing this game to GOG! After it's removal from Steam it already seemed to be lost.