It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Space is too big for only two players.

<span class="bold">Battlezone 98 Redux: The Red Odyssey</span>, the bombastic expansion to the celebrated strategy/action hybrid, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer and a 15% launch discount.

The war is not over yet! Rather, it is escalating as the Americans and Russians are still duking it out in the far corners of space, looking for the means to outsmart and outgun each other. But they are no longer the only power players in this struggle as new forces are prepared to make their move...
Similarly to the base game, The Red Odyssey expansion has been lovingly remastered and is the perfect way to continue your violent exploits in this alternative take on the 60's Space Race. Two new factions join the fray, bringing 30 new units, new maps, 23 additional missions, and fresh multiplayer tactics. Time to go make some new space debris!

Continue the space race for supremacy and get caught in the crossfire of <span class="bold">Battlezone 98 Redux: The Red Odyssey</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Buying the expansion together with <span class="bold">Battlezone 98 Redux</span> will get you a 25% series discount.
The 15/25% discounts will last until August 1, 1:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QOeLfMsHEXw?
Post edited July 25, 2016 by maladr0Id
Smannesman: Is it a celebrated remaster?
I see the base game is 40% off on Steam, is it supposed to be on sale here as well?
yes: launch promo: battlezone 98 redux: the red odyssey even 49% off here

edit I wonder why there's no link to it from op ... well at least it's on the front page.
Post edited July 25, 2016 by mchack
Breja: Strange though- for example the remastered versions of Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango show relese dates of 2016 and 2015 respectivly, but Battlezone 98 shows... 1998. So I assumed it is a game from 1998.
nightcraw1er.488: Ah, actually looking on Wikipedia, it appears that this is a game from 1998 and is a remake of a an earlier version. So yes, it appears to be an expansion pack from that era as well. My bad.
Yes, but this Redux thing is a remaster of that remake (scroll a little down that same Wikipedia page :)), and the launch date should be 2016.

I've checked because I couldn't believe that GOG was charging 22$ for a 1998 game *without* the expansions, and then charging for the expansions as DLC.
Oh wow didn't realize this game had an expansion. Wishlisted for now.
Experiment513: Something is wrong with the percentages. I see a 6% discount instead of 15%. And if you own the original already, do you (or should you) get a 25% as well?
As opposed to the people buying DLC without owning the original?
I would like to get this game but will wait for the inevitable, "Gold", "Complete", "Deluxe", "Collectors" or whatever they end up calling it, version with all the DLC/expansions already included... (and I'll still wait for a sale.)
HunchBluntley: ... With regards to "problems this forum" has, negative assholes kvetching all the time > old, buggy forum still being old and buggy. The attitude of a number of the forum regulars (old and new) is why I've stopped hanging around here so much, not the unwieldy forum software.
You may just be on to something there.
Awww... So they decided to release the original expansion packs as separate DLCs, and they weren't included in the base game after all? There was a Gold edition of the original Battlezone which included The Red Odyssey and Battle Grounds expansions too, too bad that was not the remake as well, including everything.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/battlezone-gold-pack

So is the Battle Grounds expansion also coming as a separate DLC?

[url=http://battlezone.wikia.com/wiki/Battlezone:_Battle_Grounds]http://battlezone.wikia.com/wiki/Battlezone:_Battle_Grounds[/url]
timppu: So is the Battle Grounds expansion also coming as a separate DLC?

[url=http://battlezone.wikia.com/wiki/Battlezone:_Battle_Grounds]http://battlezone.wikia.com/wiki/Battlezone:_Battle_Grounds[/url]
I doubt it, as there is a community effort underway to port those maps. If Rebellion planned on porting that content themselves, they'd have CnD'd the community by now.
Experiment513: Something is wrong with the percentages. I see a 6% discount instead of 15%. And if you own the original already, do you (or should you) get a 25% as well?
Lowe0: As opposed to the people buying DLC without owning the original?
No. As opposed to people who don't own the base game buying both at the same time.

From my reading of the release post, I'd say that existing owners of the game only get the 15% discount, just like people who buy the two separately during the discount period. The sentence in question is:

"Buying the expansion together with Battlezone 98 Redux will get you a 25% series discount."
mchack: yes: launch promo: battlezone 98 redux: the red odyssey even 49% off here

edit I wonder why there's no link to it from op ... well at least it's on the front page.
Well only in conjunction with the expansion, not just the base game.
And I rarely go to the front page, I'm not a fan.
Lowe0: I doubt it, as there is a community effort underway to port those maps. If Rebellion planned on porting that content themselves, they'd have CnD'd the community by now.
This community effort is authorised by Rebellion and is one of the flagship items for the Steam Workshop.

The Steam Workshop version is an ongoing test version. The GOG version will be released once it's finished, since I want to keep the number of versions floating around down to a minimum.
Breja: Strange though- for example the remastered versions of Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango show relese dates of 2016 and 2015 respectivly, but Battlezone 98 shows... 1998. So I assumed it is a game from 1998.
nightcraw1er.488: Ah, actually looking on Wikipedia, it appears that this is a game from 1998 and is a remake of a an earlier version. So yes, it appears to be an expansion pack from that era as well. My bad.
A game from 1998 with a 3 GHz dual core CPU as a minimum requirement? Not really. :)

nepundo: Yes, but this Redux thing is a remaster of that remake (scroll a little down that same Wikipedia page :)), and the launch date should be 2016.
At least the DLC has not the same wrong release year. ;)

Lowe0: As opposed to the people buying DLC without owning the original?
zlep: No. As opposed to people who don't own the base game buying both at the same time.

From my reading of the release post, I'd say that existing owners of the game only get the 15% discount, just like people who buy the two separately during the discount period. The sentence in question is:

"Buying the expansion together with Battlezone 98 Redux will get you a 25% series discount."
When I buy the bundle the base game is discounted by 49% within the bundle, the DLC by 15% and the price of the bundle as a whole is discounted by 37%. I don't know how GOG gets the 25% discount.
It's a bit sleazy that this expansion wasn't included in the original redux release.
Crosmando: It's a bit sleazy that this expansion wasn't included in the original redux release.
I agree! Very sleazy.
Russonc: I would like to get this game but will wait for the inevitable, "Gold", "Complete", "Deluxe", "Collectors" or whatever they end up calling it, version with all the DLC/expansions already included... (and I'll still wait for a sale.)
Hear,hear!!!