It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to the Arcade.

The wait is finally over: 15 -count 'em- 15 essential SNK NEO・GEO classics that no gamer should be without, are finally available DRM-free on GOG.com!

These are the games that devoured our entire allowance when we were skipping school to beat them at the Arcade. For convenience's sake, we've broken them down into three bundles:

<span class="bold">METAL SLUG Bundle</span>: Easily the most insatiable coin-eaters of the bunch, METAL SLUG 1, 2, 3, and X are still just as fun as you remember them from these blessed times. They all come sporting GOG Galaxy support complete with leaderboards, and -with the exception of METAL SLUG 2- both local and online multiplayer functionalities.

<span class="bold">Fighting Classics Bundle</span>: These games' legacy is made up of fierce combos, brutal takedowns, and lots of broken controllers: FATAL FURY SPECIAL, SAMURAI SHODOWN 2, SAMURAI SHODOWN V, THE LAST BLADE, THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 CLASSIC. Are you up for a rematch? We thought so!

<span class="bold">Arcade Games Bundle</span>: The collection would not be complete without these lesser known but equally addictive hidden gems: BLAZING STAR, BASEBALL STARS 2, KING OF THE MONSTERS, SHOCK TROOPERS, and TWINKLE STAR SPRITES.

Get each game individually for -50% or together with its bundle for 75%.
These discounts will last until June 6, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: Make sure to check each game's individual store page for details on their GOG Galaxy supported features.

Watch the trailer for METAL SLUG.

Watch the trailer for THE LAST BLADE.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
InkPanther: I don't understand why Mac and Linux versions of Metal Slug are mentioned as bonus/goodies. Does it mean they're not officially supported?
Matruchus: It says in small script on the gamepage that they are unsupported.
Ah, I didn't notice it, thanks.
Matruchus: It says in small script on the gamepage that they are unsupported.
InkPanther: Ah, I didn't notice it, thanks.
Yeah, me neither. Thanks too!

PS: I did own a NES and I could never play all these games either... :P
Post edited May 30, 2017 by muntdefems
Judging by the games on offer, I'd wager those are the same versions as from the Humble 25th Anniversary Bundle.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by Grargar
My posts didn't show up :( But the server seems to be fixed, so whatever.

Anyway, while these aren't the greatest emulations of these games, as I recall, the games themselves are completely fucking awesome. There's a couple duds in there, but Metal Slug 1, X, and 3 are obviously classics, Baseball Stars 2 is one of the best sports games ever, and Last Blade is one of my favorite fighters ever. And there's a bunch of other good stuff.

The other interesting thing is that these are being published by SNK, which suggests that we might be able to get Galaxy-enabled King of Fighters XIII and XIV down the road.
This is really good stuff! Congratulations to GOG for bringing it here!
nate1222: Though I already had these Neo Geo classics DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux via Humble Store...
muntdefems: Yeah, about that... Are these the same packaged-by-Dotemu versions available from Humble? If so I wonder why so many are Windows-only when most of them are multiplatform there. :\
As has been mentioned, all the ones that are officially Windows-only have the macOS & Linux versions included as extras. Presumably GOG thought they were terrible ports, and didn't want the headaches that would come with trying to support them.

On an unrelated note: anyone else having ridiculously slow load times for the site today? The front page and other store pages aren't too bad, but forum pages take forever, if they even load at all. Firefox even threw up a "script not responding" dialog, which I never get on GOG, let alone the forums (though Netflix has taken up giving me those errors several times while loading its main "browse" page as its new hobby).
It's not just Firefox, either -- forums are excruciatingly slow in IE, as well.
I guess DotEMU versions?
pacciulli: My eyes are deceiving me?

Blazing Star

Blazing
Fucking
Star!

For PC!!!!!

Instabuy.
Is it proper pc port though? Or just emulation?
pacciulli: My eyes are deceiving me?

Blazing Star

Blazing
Fucking
Star!

For PC!!!!!

Instabuy.
KainXVIII: Is it proper pc port though? Or just emulation?
Emulation. AFAIK.

BTW, GOG, what about 'Shock Troopers 2' ?
No MotW, LB2, or '98 equals no sale for me on the fighter bundle :(. Are these ports, shoddy ports, or fancily packed emulators?
tremere110: Awesome!!! See you next week Oblivion/Fallout NV ;p
I've seen a few posts about this recently, is there a real shot of it happening soon?

muntdefems: Yeah, about that... Are these the same packaged-by-Dotemu versions available from Humble? If so I wonder why so many are Windows-only when most of them are multiplatform there. :\
HunchBluntley: As has been mentioned, all the ones that are officially Windows-only have the macOS & Linux versions included as extras. Presumably GOG thought they were terrible ports, and didn't want the headaches that would come with trying to support them.

On an unrelated note: anyone else having ridiculously slow load times for the site today? The front page and other store pages aren't too bad, but forum pages take forever, if they even load at all. Firefox even threw up a "script not responding" dialog, which I never get on GOG, let alone the forums (though Netflix has taken up giving me those errors several times while loading its main "browse" page as its new hobby).
I've been having a good bit of trouble. I thought it was my connection cutting out at first.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by The_Gypsy
Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown II are worth the price of admission alone people.

I hope the emulation issues were fixed or that the games can at least be moved to another emulator.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by haydenaurion
HunchBluntley: On an unrelated note: anyone else having ridiculously slow load times for the site today? The front page and other store pages aren't too bad, but forum pages take forever, if they even load at all. Firefox even threw up a "script not responding" dialog, which I never get on GOG, let alone the forums (though Netflix has taken up giving me those errors several times while loading its main "browse" page as its new hobby).
The website has been sluggish and occasionally unresponsive for more then three hours. I guess its mainly cause of Gwent multiplayer service and the website update.

It was sluggish for a couple of days for me but still loading but it got very bad today.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by Matruchus
Any thoughts about the baseball game?
PaterAlf: Any thoughts about the baseball game?
Baseball Stars 2 is one of the best sports games ever. It falls squarely into the NBA Jam camp of unrealistic sports games, and it's equally as fun.
Can 2 players play the Metal Slug games using one keyboard on this release?