It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are you perhaps looking for a rollercoaster ride through intriguing narratives and compelling gameplay? Well then, you’re in luck, because we’d like to invite you to…

Frogwares Publisher Sale filled with their titles in which you’ll go on thrilling adventures, solve mind-boggling puzzles, and explore the darkest corners of human imagination – all up to 90% off!

This independent game development studio based in Ukraine and Ireland is standing behind the awesome Sherlock Holmes series. With their legacy of creating games that engage both intellectually and emotionally, you’re guaranteed to have unforgettable gaming experiences in titles like:

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (-80%)
Sherlock Holmes The Awakened (-45%)
Dracula Origin (-80%)
Magrunner: Dark Pulse (-90%)
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (-85%)

…and of course more – find them all HERE.

Grab your magnifying glass, sharpen your wits, and enhance your library with some of the best mystery-detective games out there! The sale lasts until October 16th, 10 PM UTC.
A great studio. I always buy all of their games. It's sad that the Sinking City is in a limbo of sorts though. Maybe some day it'll find its way to GOG.
this is the 4th uninteresting publisher sale for this week
Frogwares - really talented studio with very stupid anti-Russian policy. I have all their games on steam (except "Sherlock Holmes The Awakened") and even still have some their early games on CD. I always supported this studio and bought their games without discounts. But in their last game they canceled Russian localization. A rather stupid decision that hit only their own pocket. The main audience of their game series is Russian-speaking gamers. Not only from Russia, but from dozens of other countries.

It's really weird to not support third main language in the world.

https://games.logrusit.com/en/news/the-most-popular-languages-on-steam/

I understand the feelings and resentment of these people in connection with this shameful war. But you know very well that there is no election in Russia. Any rallies are prohibited in Russia. People are put in prisons for statements against the war. What do you expect from ordinary gamers?

Games should unite people, but not divide (as politicians do). I still would like to support these guys, but if they don't want my "bloody money" - I can't do anything about it.
lord_mendes: Frogwares - really talented studio with very stupid anti-Russian policy. I have all their games on steam (except "Sherlock Holmes The Awakened") and even still have some their early games on CD... But in their last game they canceled Russian localization.
Wow, I didn't know that. This all-or-nothing attitude... Plus, are Russian speakers the issue? *sigh*

Sad when it's a studio you enjoy and support.
Post edited October 12, 2023 by kai2
I used to like their Holmes games a lot, up untill Devil's Daughter. That was just terrible, and after that they rebooted with a... young, Twilight-looking sexy Holmes? And his obviously imaginary friend? And weird costume DLCs? They just lost me completely.
SargonAelther: A great studio. I always buy all of their games. It's sad that the Sinking City is in a limbo of sorts though. Maybe some day it'll find its way to GOG.
Last I heard frogware actually lost the lawsuit sadly and the distributor is now openly selling it on steam. No idea if there are any plans to appeal. Pity, that game is one of their projects that interest me. But I just don't want to support the project if it was functionally stolen by a shady publisher
SargonAelther: A great studio. I always buy all of their games. It's sad that the Sinking City is in a limbo of sorts though. Maybe some day it'll find its way to GOG.
Noishkel: Last I heard frogware actually lost the lawsuit sadly and the distributor is now openly selling it on steam. No idea if there are any plans to appeal. Pity, that game is one of their projects that interest me. But I just don't want to support the project if it was functionally stolen by a shady publisher
You are probably correct, but not quite. Nacon's been selling their somewhat-outdated version on Steam for years. Frogwares has been selling a DRM-Free up-to-date version on GamesPlanet for years too. I bought it there myself. Unfortunately, in June of 2023 Frogwares pulled it from GamesPlanet and have thus far not provided any information.

So they probably did lose it in the end.
• $1.99 • -80% • Dracula Origin
• $1.99 • -80% • Dracula: Love Kills
• $1.99 • -80% • Journey to the Center of the Earth
• $1.99 • -90% • Magrunner: Dark Pulse
• $1.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of The Baskervilles
• $1.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper
• $1.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis - Remastered
• $1.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
• $1.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (2008)
• $2.99 • -85% • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
• $4.49 • -85% • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
• $4.49 • -85% • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
• $8.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes Chapter One
• $9.99 • -60% • Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Season Pass
• $11.99 • -80% • Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition
• $21.99 • -45% • Sherlock Holmes The Awakened
• $27.49 • -45% • Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - Deluxe Edition
• $30.24 • -45% • Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - Premium Edition
lord_mendes: Frogwares - really talented studio with very stupid anti-Russian policy. I have all their games on steam (except "Sherlock Holmes The Awakened") and even still have some their early games on CD. I always supported this studio and bought their games without discounts.
Thing is I didn't see a point in them remaking The Awakened when the original version still holds up so well. It was an obvious cash grab when they could have bothered remaking something that needed it like their later games or Mystery of the Mummy?
Noishkel: Last I heard frogware actually lost the lawsuit sadly and the distributor is now openly selling it on steam.

But I just don't want to support the project if it was functionally stolen by a shady publisher
If Frogware lost the lawsuit, then that is so because the case of their opponent of the lawsuit had way more merit than did Frogware's assetions.

Therefore, that proves the publisher who won the lawsuit, if that is indeed what happened, is not shady after all.
Breja: I used to like their Holmes games a lot, up untill Devil's Daughter. That was just terrible, and after that they rebooted with a... young, Twilight-looking sexy Holmes? And his obviously imaginary friend? And weird costume DLCs? They just lost me completely.
I've been curious about the franchise, what was bad about Devil's Daughter?