It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for awesome titles with discounts up to 75% off within our special Publisher Sale! It’s a feast for classics lovers with a wide range of strategy games, role-playing fantasy titles, point & clicks and simulators straight from Retroism. Here are some of the examples:

7th Legion (-75%)
Deadlock: Planetary Conquest (-75%)
F-19 Stealth Fighter (-70%)
Hyperspeed (-75%)
Sword of the Samurai (-75%)
Redline (-75%)
Silent Service 1+2 (-75%)

…and many more!

Check all of them out, pick for favorites and add some amazing classics to your library – enjoy! The sale lasts until March 21st, 2 PM UTC.
high rated
• $1.49 • -75% • 7th Legion
• $1.49 • -75% • Across the Rhine
• $1.49 • -75% • BloodNet
• $1.49 • -75% • Challenge of the Five Realms
• $1.49 • -75% • Command HQ
• $1.49 • -75% • Deadlock 2: Shrine Wars
• $1.49 • -75% • Deadlock: Planetary Conquest
• $1.49 • -75% • Dragonsphere
• $1.49 • -75% • F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0
• $1.49 • -75% • Hyperspeed
• $1.49 • -75% • Knights of the Sky
• $1.49 • -75% • Redline
• $1.49 • -75% • Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
• $1.49 • -75% • Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
• $1.49 • -75% • Silent Service 1+2
• $1.49 • -75% • Starlord
• $1.49 • -75% • Sword of the Samurai
• $1.79 • -70% • 1942: The Pacific Air War
• $1.79 • -70% • F-19 Stealth Fighter
• $1.79 • -70% • Fleet Defender: The F-14 Tomcat Simulation
• $1.79 • -70% • Gunship!
• $1.79 • -70% • Pirates! Gold Plus
• $1.79 • -70% • Sid Meier's Colonization
• $1.79 • -70% • Sid Meier's Covert Action
• $2.99 • -70% • European Air War
Has Retroism ceased all activity except to participate in sales?
GOG.com: Publisher Sale: Classic titles from Retroism up to 75% off
Man, I own the majority of these titles already - and (most of) the rest sits on my wishlist.
off topic

Capitalism 2 was published by Retroism on Steam and already received the v1.20 patch .

Is the Gog version abandoned ?
Aw, I was hoping for something new, I've already got everything from them, and I've finished nearly half their catalog.
What about new classic games like:
1-Alone inthe dark: (2008) from atari publisher
2- Dark (2013) from kalypso media publisher
3- Dark sector (2008) from aspurm publisher
4- Shank 1&2 from developer indie and pubisher klei entertainment
Post edited March 14, 2023 by Mohammed_Hussien_O
Its a shame Microprose has shunned GOG
I was thinking about getting Sword of the Samurai. Is it a micromanagement game or it's not too difficult?
(still waiting on the other Humongous games :P)
The-Business: Has Retroism ceased all activity except to participate in sales?
They certainly wouldn't be alone unfortunately.
RedRagan: I was thinking about getting Sword of the Samurai. Is it a micromanagement game or it's not too difficult?
No, it's not a micromanagement game. The game consists of multiple-choice interactive fiction scenes plus mini-games such as duels, sneaking into castles, and in the latter half of the game, war battles. There's multiple difficulty settings, and the game is not too long to complete. I was able to finish it without too much trouble when it first released here, on an easier difficulty setting.
RedRagan: I was thinking about getting Sword of the Samurai. Is it a micromanagement game or it's not too difficult?
The first 6 minutes of this video will give you a much better overview than the game page.

It has been a few years since I played it other than playing a bit now to refresh my memory. Not micromanagement at all, it is more along the lines of the Thea games or King of Dragon Pass but with 3-5 simple realtime minigames (keyboard or joystick controls that are a a bit awkward at times but simple). How much you enjoy it will mostly depend on how much you like the minigames since you play them over and over. Two of them are shown in the screenshots, the sword fighting and the army fighting and the other 1-3, depending on how you count, are variations on you fighting as a lone hero in different situations. You also walk around on a map and when you get somewhere some number of turns occur with various events that you get a brief summary of. There are three or four levels of the game total and I don't think I ever made it to the highest level much less won the game (however you can save when you are at your home but I rarely restored games, playing from the start again and I increased the game difficulty as I got better). It was one of my first purchases on GOG (I didn't play it growing up or anything) and I've come back to it a few times, I enjoy the slow pace.
Post edited March 15, 2023 by joveian
joveian: The first 6 minutes of this video will give you a much better overview than the game page.

It has been a few years since I played it other than playing a bit now to refresh my memory. Not micromanagement at all, it is more along the lines of the Thea games or King of Dragon Pass but with 3-5 simple realtime minigames (keyboard or joystick controls that are a a bit awkward at times but simple). How much you enjoy it will mostly depend on how much you like the minigames since you play them over and over. Two of them are shown in the screenshots, the sword fighting and the army fighting and the other 1-3, depending on how you count, are variations on you fighting as a lone hero in different situations. You also walk around on a map and when you get somewhere some number of turns occur with various events that you get a brief summary of. There are three or four levels of the game total and I don't think I ever made it to the highest level much less won the game (however you can save when you are at your home but I rarely restored games, playing from the start again and I increased the game difficulty as I got better). It was one of my first purchases on GOG (I didn't play it growing up or anything) and I've come back to it a few times, I enjoy the slow pace.
Interesting, I will think it through. The minigame is interesting but it look like it simplified due to DOS game limitation