It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Double the katana, double the attitude.

<span class="bold">Shadow Warrior 2</span>, the bombastic sequel to the notoriously cheeky FPS, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% pre-order discount. Owners of <span class="bold">Shadow Warrior (2013)</span> or Hard Reset Redux get an additional 10% discount.

He will slice, he will dice, he'll make the demons pay the price. Lo Wang is once again caught in the middle of a cataclysmic fight that involves dark magic, dark science, and a whole bunch of misshapen monstrosities. But the talented death-dealer is now packing an expanded selection of murder weapons, including his katana, daggers, and hand claws, alongside some nasty magic powers and dependable firearms. The 4 player co-op and brutal damage system will make using all these new toys all the more rewarding and Wang's trash-talking all the more justified.

Craving some more Wang? The timing is perfect for <span class="bold">Shadow Warrior Classic Redux</span> to arrive in our fair parts, and with a sexy 75% launch discount to boot! Sporting remastered visuals, two expansion packs, GOG Galaxy support for achievements, and all the old-school sass of Lo Wang, this is the definitive edition of the cult classic. Plus the original <span class="bold">Shadow Warrior Classic Complete</span> is now FREE for all those who want to see every single pixel that they're cutting off their enemies.
The 75% discount on Redux will last until September 9, 6:59AM UTC.

Pre-order <span class="bold">Shadow Warrior 2</span> and get ready to carve up some nasty demons, DRM-free on GOG.com. Want to add some style to your mayhem? The <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> comes with the soundtrack, the art book, and the Solid Gold Pack.

The 10% pre-order discount will last until the game's release on October 13.
Extra pre-order bonus: the exclusive Razorback chainsaw katana.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XO_t7YHM4o8
Post edited September 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
Silverhawk170485: Didn't know that Titan Quest has a Linux version. Or on what system are you playing? Because you're complaining about a missing Linux version of Shadow Warrior Redux but you're playing a Windows version of Titan Quest on ... Linux?
0Grapher: Apart from the fact that the Windows version seems to run well on Linux (which doesn't have to be true for Shadow Warrior 2, if it runs at all) there are a lot of reasons not to buy a new game without a Linux version.
Yes, I usually only buy a game when there is a Linux version. I open exceptions when it is a classic there I enjoy a lot, from time there was not proper linux gaming.
So, to illustrate, I bought Titan Quest and won't buy SW 2 if doesn't get a linux launch. The SW Redux already has a version, but not here, and I am not buying it.
Roxolani: Extra pre-order bonus: the exclusive Razorback chainsaw katana

so if I don't buy it now, then I don't have chainsaw katana? SHIT...!
There appears to be another kind of chainsaw katana in the vanilla game. Saw it in some recent footage.
Different versions. I'm a bit sad that I'd have to pay extra for the artwork and the other goodies in the Deluxe edition. I wish these items were included with the standard addition, that would make it a unique selling point for me. Its one of the things I used to like about GoG games, the extras.
I'll get this game eventually I'm sure, but not pre-order. The Chainsaw is not an attraction for me. Sometime in the future they'll almost certainly produce a package that has everything, when the hubbub dies down, and they want to get more sales out of the game.
AlienMind: GOG itself just makes Ubuntu .deb files. (and no, IMHO Ubuntu sucks ass :-)
JudasIscariot: Not anymore we don't. We've been using distro-agnostic Mojo setup files for at least a year now.
That's good! Sorry for being misinformed, I was under the impression because the system filter on my library only shows "Ubuntu 14.4" and 16.4. By the way, will there be a Deluxe Edition Upgrade?, as I bought the standard and kinda want it now :-)

Also, for the record: Thank you Flying Wild Hog for releasing here! As the internet shows, It took NINE DAYS for the newest Deus Ex to be cracked, and all it did (and will continue to do) in that timeframe is to annoy the actual customers.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by AlienMind
tfishell: Sweet! I hope we'll continue to see more freebies/freeware titles show up as the years roll on - there are a few highly-desired ones (according to the wishlist) like Dreamweb, Death Rally, Heroine's Quest, Alien Carnage, and other Apogee titles.
Grargar: Colour me surprised that you didn't mention OMF 2097.
Not much hope for that from what I experienced, but maybe somebody else can say otherwise.
Nice promo for additional 10% off, but for now I'll pass. But if the pre-order will last till 13, maybe will dive into it later.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by iRevolt
I sincerely hope it contains another 80s Stan Bush song.
fishbaits: Whilst I understand the problem that some folk can't play newer games due to their hardware being outdated, devs can't really hold back so much that games won't advance, or we'd all still be playing Pong or pitfall etc.
Painted_Doll: Nowadays i only see Nvidia or AMD bitches not developers in the game industry .
You're complaining is really unwarranted for a number of reasons. Firstly, it seems you are slacking off on your
upgrades as an ATI 5850 is really old. Although I don't know about your income and prices for your available buying options, it seems to me that it is possible to update your GPU for a reasonable price. I'm not aware if it's possible because I have no knowledge of what the memory limit of motherboards from the Phenom era, but you can probably upgrade your memory for cheap if it's DDR3.

If you can't upgrade, then you should wait as there is so many video games on this earth (among other types of media) to experience. In fact there is probably so much media to experience that it will take you several lifetimes to do so, I recommend trying to enjoy what you can while you are alive. Play what you can play now and wait until conditions for either yourself or in the market place improve to a point where you will be able to play the game. So you might have to wait 10-15 years to play it. That's fine as when you do finally get to play it, you'll be really happy that you did. Unless of course the game the game turns out to be a dud or any other game for that matter. If that happens, you can be thankful you were forced to pass on it and invest what would have been wasted time on other meaningful forms of leisure.
Post edited September 03, 2016 by Indygo
AlienMind: It took NINE DAYS for the newest Deus Ex to be cracked
It's not cracked, yet.
CAn we have confirmation that Co-op can be played via LAN.
At the moment the web store makes no mention that Galaxy or internet is prerequisite for multiplayer.

however this PC Gamer article
http://www.pcgamer.com/shadow-warrior-2-release-date-set-trailer-shows-chainsaws-and-selfie-sticks/

says online 4 player co-op
JMSarDev: Still. The point is... If it is as you say a profitable market... Why would they don´t do it? I can only find 2 answers:

1. You are wrong and the costs of porting the game (Or making the part using code for Windows with a framework for Linux/Mac OS or developing it by youself) are more than the expected profits.

2. The Linux Community is not showing to the editors how much money are they ready to pay and so, the Linux/Mac OS players expected revenues is incorrectly show.

In both cases, what you need is a way to show the developers that, your community is prepared to pay what it cost a game (Personally, almost everyone I know that uses Linux haven´t payed for any of their software or just very very little, but it can be my personal experience). Linux Community is BIG enough to receive games? I guess so. But you are all so much scattered around your own distros that is hard to know how many real players are there.
I'm on mac right now (but I still use windows and linux, because I like to be OS free, I don't want mac or linux to be the next windows-evil-thing) and I pay only for old games (wine) and new cross-platform games. that's my way of ask for cross-platform support.

I think the answer is 3:
most publisher think it is better to use drm like denuvo that only work on windows, and since the mac/linux market is new they still act like 10 years ago (they think is ok to port a game 3-5 years later).
they need to learn and the only way is to stop buy not cross-platform new games the same way we on gog stop to pay for drm games.

I can understand no mac and linux support for old games (since the market is new) and wine is good for that reason (wine is really good for old games port).

PS. check the new ubuntu bash on windows 10. it is still a beta but I really like it... I have nothing against windows, I just like freedom (I want to be able to change if I want).
I like open source and I use many open source software, but I don't mind good closed source software (games are closed source but I think most linux user wants them... and I'm still one of them even if it is not my main OS).
Post edited September 03, 2016 by LiefLayer
high rated
AlienMind: And yes if one does not like 0.83% (that's 16.6 grand for a game with 100 000 sales and a price of 20 dollars) one is clearly stupid.
That's some pretty fishy looking math you've got going there... Or are you seriously suggesting that every Linux gamer will buy every game released on Linux?

Because, if 0.83% is the total percentage of Linux users among gamers ( which could very well be off, one way or the other ), realistically only a fraction of those will purchase each individual game release. I doubt many people are equally interested in Military Shooters, Farming Simulations and Adult Visual Novels. In other words, the impact on sales would actually be a lot lower.

( Edit: Oh yeah, and you didn't even factor in transfer fees, taxes, production costs ( for physical copies ) etc. -- So you'd have to cut another significant percentage from those few thousand bucks. )
Post edited September 03, 2016 by CharlesGrey
Meh... pre-order exclusive weapons...
I know my laptop is crap, so no SW 2 for me. I have the classic complete but the added achievements for redux sound fun.
markrichardb: I sincerely hope it contains another 80s Stan Bush song.
It seems that it does: https://twitter.com/ShadowWarrior/status/769358520055508992