It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Might interest some people here

https://medium.com/steam-spy/preliminary-results-for-steam-sales-in-2015-43bb49a767bd#.n9gw1bv11
Interesting that Terraria is on the 9th place worldwide. I bought my copy at GoG, and many others will have done this, too. So I guess, that Terraria could be on a higher place in the list, if we take all sales -and not only from Steam- into account. Interesting that an Indie-ish game sells so good!
Post edited December 22, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
Yo, you got ninja'ed bro so back off, you thread thief! :o)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/charts_of_pc_games_acquired_per_country_in_2015
Maxvorstadt: Interesting that Terraria is on the 9th place worldwide. I bought my copy at GoG, and many others will have done this, too. So I guess, that Terraria could be on a higher place in the list, if we take all sales -and not only from Steam- into account. Interesting that an Indie-ish game sells so good!
So did I. Based on the number of sales for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim... this probably explains why these games aren't here yet. Sales haven't dropped off enough to warrant a GOG release.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by BKGaming
Maxvorstadt: Interesting that Terraria is on the 9th place worldwide. I bought my copy at GoG, and many others will have done this, too. So I guess, that Terraria could be on a higher place in the list, if we take all sales -and not only from Steam- into account. Interesting that an Indie-ish game sells so good!
Probably it would be in exactly the same spot. Steam probably sold millions of copies. Terraria was on outrageous discounts on Steam, i know i got it at something like -90%, less than $1. And it was that way every single sale. I bet it will be the same this time too.
I think it's interesting to see Civ 5 still in the top 25 (US). You'd think after 5 years there wouldn't be enough strategy fans without it to keep it up there.
catpower1980: Yo, you got ninja'ed bro so back off, you thread thief! :o)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/charts_of_pc_games_acquired_per_country_in_2015
My bad. :P
It's outright insane how Valve continues to print money with Counter-Strike. That's just sales and not even accounting for the market transactions.
synfresh: It's outright insane how Valve continues to print money with Counter-Strike. That's just sales and not even accounting for the market transactions.
Yup. It really is insane.

I'm more surprised by Garry's Mod sales, though... and Rocket League at #5. What the hell is up with that?
cogadh: I think it's interesting to see Civ 5 still in the top 25 (US). You'd think after 5 years there wouldn't be enough strategy fans without it to keep it up there.
Honestly I think the same thing about many GOG games that always go on sale. :-P We'll have an EA sale with no new EA games releases, but apparently there are always new people buying the titles that have been here since 2011.
Pardinuz: snip ... and Rocket League at #5. What the hell is up with that?
From what I can tell Rocket League is the second coming of Speedball 2 or Sensible Soccer... or something like that. Real multiplayer obviously, not just 1v1.
Is anyone still wondering why The Russian Discount exists?
I don't even know what's that garry mod or something, is that a game ???
I am not going to buy anything, seriously, too many games syndrome.
I'm not that surprised. I sunk insane amount of time into that game. Three characters, each about 150 hours (for two I know thanks to the Galaxy, the first I can only guess). I thought the whole minecraft-like genre was a bit silly before, and bought it on a whim with launch discount for something like $3... almost makes me feel guilty I paid so little, I don't think I ever had a game with better cost/entertainment ratio. If Otherworld makes it here, i'll have a chance to ease my guilt :)