It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: snip
RWarehall: What a load of bs! No it's not. GoG did nothing wrong with that tweet or any of the others. None of these tweets are directly insulting anyone. The real problem is an outrage mob of clickbait journalists and followers who are looking for anything and everything to complain about.
Pissing on the grave of 'game journalism' should not offend anyone? Like, say, game journalists? (I admit, "game journalism" sounds silly to me)

I guarantee, the reaction would be the same if the PR moves were instead thumbing a nose at the anti-SJWs. They would flip out and castigate gOg for doing so. If you think otherwise then you probably should not choose a career in PR, either.

I didn't say these were intended to raise the ire of anyone. But they did, and the reactions to those tweets should not surprise anyone. A PR pro should have recognized that and come up with something else. For certain, using a hashtag for something completely unrelated to games is not furthering the goal of increased sales. So why post it in the first place? It was going to irritate someone no matter what, if not those who use the hashtag for their own organization purposes then it would be those who followed the link and were taken to something that has bumpkins to do with games. "Why the hell is gOg taking me to this LGBT stuff?!?"

You say I have no clue what I'm talking about. Fine. Now please explain to us how gOg's mission is advanced by inviting the customer to follow that particular hashtag.
Jesus, who demolished a bridge?
Bearclawmcbain: I was hopeful that this place would be a sanctuary in the storm of political correct bullshit, but obviously that isn't so.
Thankfully that isn't the case otherwise this place would have a bigger alt-right infestation than it already does.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by SirPrimalform
high rated
I just commented the youtube video probably everybody has seen by now as follows:

"While I do thank you for telling people about my support thread and even offering Linko90 a job I would love to make perfectly clear that I never stated in my thread that he has been fired. It's stated clearly that it was an assumption based on the facts I had at this time. The thread was meant to support Linko90 and to help GOG see how important Linko90 is so that they either do the right thing or, if they should have decided already. reconsider their decision. There's a reason my thread is not called the GOG hate thread and it is unfortunate that several people now use my thread as an opportunity to rage against the so called SJW and GOG which will probably soon be the cause of a thread to be closed that was meant well to help a person I like. I know that you guys probably also mean well but swearing and threatening with boycotts or raging against SJW on GOG is just not the correct way if you really want to help. Express your support for Linko and ask GOG friendly to bring him back or tell us what exactly happened. Stay friendly - rage NEVER helped. Thank you."

Please guys, remember what this is all about.
high rated
HereForTheBeer: Folks, it isn't about SJWs and snowflakes and such. [...]
You wouldn't be wrong under regular circumstances, but you're not taking into account that this is a mob that lives for the sole purpose of having negative reactions. To everything.
MarkoH01: I just commented the youtube video probably everybody has seen by now as follows:

"While I do thank you for telling people about my support thread and even offering Linko90 a job I would love to make perfectly clear that I never stated in my thread that he has been fired. It's stated clearly that it was an assumption based on the facts I had at this time. The thread was meant to support Linko90 and to help GOG see how important Linko90 is so that they either do the right thing or, if they should have decided already. reconsider their decision. There's a reason my thread is not called the GOG hate thread and it is unfortunate that several people now use my thread as an opportunity to rage against the so called SJW and GOG which will probably soon be the cause of a thread to be closed that was meant well to help a person I like. I know that you guys probably also mean well but swearing and threatening with boycotts or raging against SJW on GOG is just not the correct way if you really want to help. Express your support for Linko and ask GOG friendly to bring him back or tell us what exactly happened. Stay friendly - rage NEVER helped. Thank you. "

Please guys, remember what this is all about.
Youtube + monetization = clickbait : (

Yes, there was clickbait before monetization, but now it's like the black plague.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by richlind33
HereForTheBeer: Folks, it isn't about SJWs and snowflakes and such. [...]
Mystery.292: You wouldn't be wrong under regular circumstances, but you're not taking into account that this is a mob that lives for the sole purpose of having negative reactions. To everything.
That's fine. From the start I've looked at this from a business perspective and not caring about the SJW aspects. From that business perspective, a paid professional should understand that aspect of social media and take that into account.

So many here have assumed that they aren't the customer base, but from heated threads in the past I'll guarantee that the variety of viewpoints is far and wide among the folks who buy here. What I've been saying is that good PR for a game store is about selling games, not about alienating (inadvertantly or not) part of the buyjng base and a portion of the potential customers.

People are griping about the apology, but it's a non-issue if gOg had been a bit more thoughtful with the marketing posts in the first place.

In that light - repeatedly sparking the same reaction, I understand why someone may have been shown the door. Dealing with this stuff costs time, money, and gives bad press. I dont care what the issue is or whose nose got bent out of shape. Fact is that the company was forced to do something about it one way or another, and no matter how they dealt with it someone - customers - was going to be irritated. Best not to cause the problem in the first place. That it did happen, and more than once, tells me someone is not going a good job in that position, putting the company in a place where its forced to deal with it. Does not matter if there are people out there who are easily offended. A PR po should know that and adjust the marketing accordingly, especially knowing that the customer base has such a wide variety of views.
I'm a long time gog user dont have time to bother with forums usualy. However I'm glad this thread is here and without any politicizing I'm here to say if you are going to remove people for such silly reasons as someone on the internet being offended I'm not going to do my bussines with GOG and CDPR anymore. Yes, you were my developer and plaform of choice but so was blizzard but then Diablo 3 happened and since then they are not.

Many people threaten but dont vote with their valet. I'm not one of those. I'm casting my vote and even if it may be a drop in the poll, I'll stick by it.
TearOfTheSun: It already killed when they apologised for the first tweet. Remember that?
Remember those witcher words in The witcher 3 trailer Killing monsters.
“Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.”

Bye CD Project Red and GOG
FreeJudge: Well, I'd rather not be so straightforward. Otherwise, how are wee better than those "offended" on Tweetter? If we really love these companies, we must give them a chance. Important: give a chance doesn't mean to remain in silence.
I gave them two chances and they blew it away. First one was apology second was also apology for those mobs. Third time don't lie. I done with GOG and CD RED. Sorry. They showed true face and what they value. Am I wrong? Just look at Id Software Doom Eternal, look at rockstar. Why they don't have to apologise? Think about it for a second.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by TearOfTheSun
Mystery.292: You wouldn't be wrong under regular circumstances, but you're not taking into account that this is a mob that lives for the sole purpose of having negative reactions. To everything.
HereForTheBeer: That's fine. From the start I've looked at this from a business perspective and not caring about the SJW aspects. From that business perspective, a paid professional should understand that aspect of social media and take that into account.

So many here have assumed that they aren't the customer base, but from heated threads in the past I'll guarantee that the variety of viewpoints is far and wide among the folks who buy here. What I've been saying is that good PR for a game store is about selling games, not about alienating (inadvertantly or not) part of the buyjng base and a portion of the potential customers.

People are griping about the apology, but it's a non-issue if gOg had been a bit more thoughtful with the marketing posts in the first place.

In that light - repeatedly sparking the same reaction, I understand why someone may have been shown the door. Dealing with this stuff costs time, money, and gives bad press. I dont care what the issue is or whose nose got bent out of shape. Fact is that the company was forced to do something about it one way or another, and no matter how they dealt with it someone - customers - was going to be irritated. Best not to cause the problem in the first place. That it did happen, and more than once, tells me someone is not going a good job in that position, putting the company in a place where its forced to deal with it. Does not matter if there are people out there who are easily offended. A PR po should know that and adjust the marketing accordingly, especially knowing that the customer base has such a wide variety of views.
You still haven't understood, everything you say is correct under normal circumstances.

On any other day I'd be agreeing with you, but not today.

Your common-sense assumptions are all wrong.

They are not the customer base, every business that has appealed to them instead of their own customers has lost money. Every single one. It's all backed up by historical data.

You also say that dealing with the PR fallout costs money, but that's not true, because there is no PR fallout. This is GOOD PRESS, not bad. Going AGAINST the mob is good press. Customers love it, gamers love it. Just as a quick example look at how Kingdom Come handled these nutjobs, they had great success! The mob of offended crazies did the marketing for them, every time KCD was attacked, it made a new headline and gamers loved it.

CDPR is having bad press right now, among gamers. That is going to cost them. Gamers are the customers, this move is never going to do anything about the people that live to be offended, but it will make their actual customers think twice about supporting them.

Get woke, go broke.

This happens every single time, CDPR is not going to be an exception, they will just be another sad statistic in the long line of businesses ruined by ideological motives.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by Mystery.292
low rated
dvdboatright: Displeased you fire people to please SJWs who play nothing but Candy Crush.
Right now I'm playing Dragon Age Origins and Project Zomboid.

The new weather effects are nice.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THING!!!!!

I've seen more rational posting in InfoWars threads!
Post edited November 08, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THING!!!!!
I would rather want to keep it on the intended track than closing it.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Please guys, remember what this is all about.
Just don't say I didn't warn you :p
low rated
tinyE: AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THING!!!!!
MarkoH01: I would rather want to keep it on the intended track than closing it.
OH ME TOO! ME TOO! Totally Marko.

But I just went through the last few pages, and for every well meaning civil posts (several of which came from Tauto which really boggled my mind) you've got dozens of ones like what I just replied to (not yours, the candy crush one).

And the one that sent me reeling was 'when I fist learned that SJWs were infiltrating the the ranks of ProjecktRed to destroy it from the inside'.

There are people confined to mental institutions for life who have never said anything that fucking nuts, and that's not even the worst of the countless fucking nuts posts that have swamped this thread. :P

My question is, do you want to have to weed through the dozens of these to see one of the rational ones? Is it worth it? It's like why I quit watching free TV. 4 minutes of commercials for 2 minutes of programming. :P Sorry. No.

If it does stay open I will stop bitching and I will salute the brave souls like you and Braggador and Desmight and HereForTheBeer (among many others, don't get mad if I missed your name) who are trying to keep it on track. God be with you. You're going to need it. :D
Post edited November 08, 2018 by tinyE
MarkoH01: I would rather want to keep it on the intended track than closing it.
Agreed. Can we keep to the true reason for this thread's creation please!
This is a support thread for Linko. Keep to the code or I'll have you all keel-hauled!
To be clear, I want to give my two cents about this thing too.

Linko90 was a friendly moderator. As time passed the forums clearly needed someone like him to step in and keep things civil, so I'm glad we've had him patrolling around here.
The issue was that he was not only a forum moderator, he was in charge of social media and PR too.
Now, despite what most people can think, the best way to handle the community management of a big company is to "keep it grey". You should never "pick a side" when it comes to politics, religion, or whatever. You should never even give the impression that you're picking a side or making a choice. Because you want everyone to buy your products: communists, fascists, SJWs, atheists, everyone.
Linko wasn't very good at this. I'm sure he was just trying to make funny jokes about gaming, but that's not the point. It's not about why you do something, it's always about what happens next. If you manage to cause a press and social media shitstorm each month, whatever the reason, then you're hurting your company. You're not good at "keeping it grey", so you're not good at PR.
He was a good moderator, though, I hope he comes back sooner or later. I'd feel really bad if he wasn't part of GOG or CDP anymore.