It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
marklaur: Just downloaded Atlantic Fleet. Realised I had downloaded the installer with the client, now have to redownload.

I would be pissed off if it had bee a large download.

Also for me the old GoG downloaded no longer works. It will not connect. I hope this is not GoG's way of forcing us to use the client for large games
I'm giving up on the browser as it seems a lost cause (still no option to set the classic installers as default, slower download speed, etc).
About GOG Downloader not being able to connect...is there a specific message?
Post edited January 06, 2018 by patrikc
marklaur: Just downloaded Atlantic Fleet. Realised I had downloaded the installer with the client, now have to redownload.

I would be pissed off if it had bee a large download.

Also for me the old GoG downloaded no longer works. It will not connect. I hope this is not GoG's way of forcing us to use the client for large games
patrikc: I'm giving up on the browser as it seems a lost cause (still no option to set the classic installers as default, slower download speed, etc).
when I open the downloader in the bottom right the window shows offline bottom left and bottom right shows connecting, but never connects.

I even did a reinstall awhile ago but that did not help. The only thing is it may no longer support XP but since it has not been updated since it used to work I am all out of answers.

As to why I still use XP to surf the web and download is I like XP, dont have to buy another license and viruses are not a problem. I have an image of the install and just refresh when ever necessary. There is also nothing on the PC I need so nothing to loose.
high rated
GOG, get your shit together and implement a choosable default option. Can't be too hard. And stop annoying your loyal customers with these senseless delays...
Post edited February 16, 2018 by russellskanne
patrikc: I'm giving up on the browser as it seems a lost cause (still no option to set the classic installers as default, slower download speed, etc).
marklaur: when I open the downloader in the bottom right the window shows offline bottom left and bottom right shows connecting, but never connects.

I even did a reinstall awhile ago but that did not help. The only thing is it may no longer support XP but since it has not been updated since it used to work I am all out of answers.

As to why I still use XP to surf the web and download is I like XP, dont have to buy another license and viruses are not a problem. I have an image of the install and just refresh when ever necessary. There is also nothing on the PC I need so nothing to loose.
I'm thinking it might have to do with the two-step login feature, though I could be wrong.
Did you get a message about incorrect email/password perchance?
I use Galaxy only to download the standalone installer because GOG downloader is not supported anymore (and they made it clear when they started neglecting to update those links) and I would like to avoid downloading directly from the site expecially for huge installers.
But at the same time I don't want Galaxy to recognize the game I install using the standalone installers and try to update them. It has no purpose for me, it not usable and lacks the only feature I wish it had: managing the backup of the installers (notification and crc checks).
russellskanne: GOG, get your shit together and implement an choosable default option. Can't be too hard. And stop annoying your loyal customers with these senseless delays...
Already more than one month since you wrote that and NOTHING has happened.
Well, just go on an buy games (not you personally russellskanne) and nothing will happen in the next 10 years. That's at least my point of view here. GOG can always proof me wrong, but they won't.
Post edited February 15, 2018 by john_hatcher
russellskanne: GOG, get your shit together and implement a choosable default option. Can't be too hard. And stop annoying your loyal customers with these senseless delays...
Agree

Still waiting for the option to set classic installers as default. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Post edited March 07, 2018 by 00063
russellskanne: GOG, get your shit together and implement a choosable default option. Can't be too hard. And stop annoying your loyal customers with these senseless delays...
00063: Agree

Still waiting for the option to set classic installers as default. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Let me guess ... they have no time to do that or maybe no competent people who are able to do it.
die thread die! even our host has left gog. :/
low rated
Look at all the leftist's come out of the woodwork and down vote fables after she left.
I am really sad by this move of gog.. The way GOG uses for enforcing their loyal userbase to Galaxy seems similar as the way Microsoft was using to enforce their userbase to win10.. It makes me sad - I thought more of GOG..
So..until this will be resolved and not Galaxy installers will be shown AS DEFAULD, I am no longer buing games via GOG.. In my opinion, they are no longer better than Steam, which at least HAVE an ability to ad non-steam games into their library...
high rated
Half year ago, GOG promised us the option to set Classic installer as default.
No, I do not trust GOG any more.
kbnrylaec: Half year ago, GOG promised us the option to set Classic installer as default.
No, I do not trust GOG any more.
Don‘t worry. Since the implementation is like rocket science to GOG I would only worry if it is the year 2030 and nothing has happened.
GOG and incompetence are the two words that come to my mind lately very often.
so what about option to use offline installers with galaxy 2.0?
high rated
Let's learn from the Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC fiasco, a singleplayer game where Galaxy is apparently required to access the content.

It's time to test everything thoroughly on the "backup" offline installers totally without Galaxy, and only THEN go ahead and test it on Galaxy.