It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
franky-boy: so what about option to use offline installers with galaxy 2.0?
Normally offline installers work fine in Galaxy 2.0. (I always download the offline installers only and used quite a few of them in Galaxy 2.0 as well). I have talked to a Galaxy dev and he told me that the behavior right now (offline installers only working in Galaxy after verifying game files) is not intended. I created a bug report now we have to wait for the next update.
MarkoH01: I have talked to a Galaxy dev and he told me that the behavior right now (offline installers only working in Galaxy after verifying game files) is not intended. I created a bug report now we have to wait for the next update.
Not sure to understand what you mean by that ? what is the issue with offline installers ? The fact that the shortcut created by offline installer point to Galaxy if the installer detect that Galaxy is installed of something else ?
MarkoH01: I have talked to a Galaxy dev and he told me that the behavior right now (offline installers only working in Galaxy after verifying game files) is not intended. I created a bug report now we have to wait for the next update.
Gersen: Not sure to understand what you mean by that ? what is the issue with offline installers ? The fact that the shortcut created by offline installer point to Galaxy if the installer detect that Galaxy is installed of something else ?
Hi Gersen - nice to talk with you :)
The issue is completely new. Before the latest update it was possible to use the downloaded offline installers (which most of us have archived) not just to play the game offline. In case you would want to play the game in Galaxy you'd simply click "Play" and the game would start in Galaxy as well (sometimes it would download some additional files the first start but that's it). Galaxy now still recognizes a game that was installed using offline installer but pressing "Play" does absolutely nothing. First I thought they had redesigned the offline installers but after a few tests I noticed that this also happens with old offline installers (tried Deus Ex and Alone In the Dark). So I decided to ask GOG if this was an intended change and apparently it's in fact a bug that they will fix.

Tbh, I doubt that the shortcut issue will ever be fixed for those few games that still have it. The detection of most installers works fine for me but I still tend to check the shortcut before I first run the game when I don't want to use Galaxy.
Post edited May 04, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: ...
Hello, I am always lurking around :)

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this issue. (But then again I download installers for backup but I don't often use them to install games for use with Galaxy). I wonder if it's a bug with Galaxy of with the installers themselves.
MarkoH01: ...
Gersen: Hello, I am always lurking around :)

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this issue. (But then again I download installers for backup but I don't often use them to install games for use with Galaxy). I wonder if it's a bug with Galaxy of with the installers themselves.
Like I said

1) It worked before.
2) The installers I tested were old ones.

So it has to be Galaxy itself which - as you might mow - recently received a big update. :)
Post edited May 05, 2020 by MarkoH01
oh wow lies more lies and statistics:

Fables22 post ensures you there is an installer out there that works *without GOG galaxy* for those games that have a classic installer. Lie

Fables22 claims if the offline games installer does not work there is ( for some games) a "classic" installer accessible through "you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”." LIE

Point in question: using GOG galaxy keeps track of what games you play ( on or offline since it "syncs" when you go online) and that mon amis is

Statistics!

Ca va! ( French is rusty, my Russian is worse maybe should stick to English for swearing)
jemir50: complains that "classic" installers are a lie
They're called offline backup game installers and they are, as always, available through https://www.gog.com/account.
Post edited March 05, 2021 by InkPanther