It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mkess: I can only tell, what happenend in my several playthrough tries of NV. But there are every time people, who have NO problems at all, regardless how many bugs are in any game ... even in Gothic 3, there were people who noticed nothing at all... I am used to them, and know, what to think of them.

But after the last patch and fanpatch the game is stable as a rock. But we are discussing the released version of Obsidian games.

I will never ever play something like Southpark. I saw 1/2 of an episode once. Had to turn it off. Awful. Not my thing.
I know bugs and dumb AI, I spend MOST of my free time playing PC games, you'd think I'd know something about that, like say my character running past the enemy in plain sight and hiding in a room right in front of them and the enemy not knowing where I am in Alpha Protocol. Game had stupid AI and bugs but still it felt like it could have been a great RPG with many C&Cs to make unlike like say Bioware's recent releases. Also I bought NV slightly after launch. I hesitated because it's Bethesda's engine, where I am boycotted every game of theirs since Oblivion. But went for it anyways. I didn't download any mods or fan patches, yet.
Crosmando: So anyone know the exact time this is launching on GOG (in Australian timezone)?
Looks like it'll be Friday morning...

Read that the GMT release is supposed to be at 4 PM.
I know it's a silly complaint, but I hate all of these "Kickstarter Edition" games. Wasteland 2 shows up as unowned on GOG because of my "Kickstarter Edition" version of the game and now Pillars of Eternity will do the same... :/
superstande: so. what's so great about this game? I'm trying to find out - so that it needs many different releases and 1883+ messages.
I am not yet bothered to start hunting for info, too busy with playing a lovely game... :p
Sorry if I offended a zillion goggers but I am hitting a blank with tthe title.
ncameron: Spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series of RPGs.
Alrighty thanks for the info! Hope it's a great one! Now some things make sense :)
Just redeemed my Royal Edition too
Oddly enough Sword Coast Legends is very similar to classic infinity engine games and it's due out later this year.

I have a strong feeling that the owners of D&D (Hasbro?) feel a bit jealous with games like Pillars of Eternity coming out, so they feel the need to harken back to the old days their own way. Watching a gameplay video it looks really good and polished, but official videos can be deceiving. I hope for the best, mainly because I love these games and settings, and I'm obsessed with the real time with pause system and I'm glad to see it's not abandoned.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/27275/article/sword-coast-legends-looks-a-lot-like-baldur-s-gate/

https://swordcoast.com/about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI

I joined the official sites forum thread and pledged my support for it to be DRM-free and on GOG, as Hasbro has a number of games here already. I don't think we could ever have enough epic RPG's.

It's a bit different though, as it has "DM" elements. I'm interested to see how that works out!

In the meantime I'll be soaked in PoE ;)
Post edited March 26, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
Nice... Very nice ! :)
Attachments:
JinseiNGC224: Oddly enough Sword Coast Legends is very similar to classic infinity engine games and it's due out later this year.

I have a strong feeling that the owners of D&D (Hasbro?) feel a bit jealous with games like Pillars of Eternity coming out, so they feel the need to harken back to the old days their own way. Watching a gameplay video it looks really good and polished, but official videos can be deceiving. I hope for the best, mainly because I love these games and settings, and I'm obsessed with the real time with pause system and I'm glad to see it's not abandoned.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/27275/article/sword-coast-legends-looks-a-lot-like-baldur-s-gate/

https://swordcoast.com/about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI

I joined the official sites forum thread and pledged my support for it to be DRM-free and on GOG, as Hasbro has a number of games here already. I don't think we could ever have enough epic RPG's.

It's a bit different though, as it has "DM" elements. I'm interested to see how that works out!

In the meantime I'll be soaked in PoE ;)
Well, we might disagree on SCL. From what I have seen an read about the game, you will love it if you loved Dragon Age Origins or Dungeon Siege, and you will be very disappointed if you liked classic Infinity Engine games and NWN2.

At the moment, it looks for me, that I might get SCL if it hits GoG sale with price under 7.50 EUR
MMLN: Well, we might disagree on SCL. From what I have seen an read about the game, you will love it if you loved Dragon Age Origins or Dungeon Siege, and you will be very disappointed if you liked classic Infinity Engine games and NWN2.

At the moment, it looks for me, that I might get SCL if it hits GoG sale with price under 7.50 EUR
What if I liked Dragon Age: Origins and loved Baldur's Gate and its siblings?
EDIT: no, not past tense, those should be "like", and "love".
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Maighstir
MMLN: Well, we might disagree on SCL. From what I have seen an read about the game, you will love it if you loved Dragon Age Origins or Dungeon Siege, and you will be very disappointed if you liked classic Infinity Engine games and NWN2.

I don't think SCL looks anywhere like Dungeon Siege which is just a poorly made action RPG (and a light RPG at that). Origins on the other hand fits the nail a bit better, but SCL does seem to have more emphasis towards traditional tabletop RPG's
Whats happening with the physical rewards?
superstande: so. what's so great about this game? I'm trying to find out - so that it needs many different releases and 1883+ messages.
I am not yet bothered to start hunting for info, too busy with playing a lovely game... :p
Sorry if I offended a zillion goggers but I am hitting a blank with tthe title.
This is a particularly auspicious release for many GOGers who were brought to this site because of nostalgia for 1990s RPGs such as Balder's Gate. Many of the same people who were involved with the Infinity Engine RPGs came together to produce Pillars of Eternity, with the intention of making a game with a similar feel.

Now we know that a lot of time has passed since then, so of course the graphics will be updated and some innovations in gameplay have been made to ensure the experience is less frustrating.

Lots of us have been sitting on our hands since the Kickstarter years ago. It's a pretty big day.

tomimt: I don't think SCL looks anywhere like Dungeon Siege which is just a poorly made action RPG (and a light RPG at that). Origins on the other hand fits the nail a bit better, but SCL does seem to have more emphasis towards traditional tabletop RPG's
Well it really depends on peoples personal preferences, I 've seen few people speaking about SCL as "This game is what Dungeon Siege 3 should have been".

For me the game footage was so far big disappointment. We'll see if they will take some good feedback from the fans who preordered it. That would be a boon for all of us.
yyahoo: I know it's a silly complaint, but I hate all of these "Kickstarter Edition" games. Wasteland 2 shows up as unowned on GOG because of my "Kickstarter Edition" version of the game and now Pillars of Eternity will do the same... :/
I didn't realize this until now...

Does GOG have the upgrade option for Champion and Royal Editions like Steam does?
Flint_Manstriker: Does GOG have the upgrade option for Champion and Royal Editions like Steam does?
Currently no, but if past releases are of any indication, they might provide upgrade options when the game is released.