It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: OH! I'd love to do that to the B&B on the 31st!

XD
You know what Nike says: Just do it! ;)

Edit: ah, just saw your edit...yeah, freezing guests to death would not be cool...yet somehow fitting.
Post edited October 12, 2018 by BreOl72
IwubCheeze: Just throwing this out there but as of this post, there are already 3 pages of reviews (both positive and negative) for NWN:EE but only 2 are from people who purchased the product.
tinyE: Yeah, I saw that. XD
I'm tempted to write one, since I did buy it and am playing it, just to add to the legitimacy of that section.
That would be a good idea. I'm not a big fan of Beamdog myself but I do think the reviews section of a game should actually be about the game ;)
IwubCheeze: Just throwing this out there but as of this post, there are already 3 pages of reviews (both positive and negative) for NWN:EE but only 2 are from people who purchased the product.
If you buy the deluxe edition (Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition), the standard edition (Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition) is not marked as owned.
high rated
Dark_Ansem: And since technically Diamond isn't being removed, this is just you being an asinine fool.
it is "technically removed."

you can't buy diamond edition OR ee.

as i said in my original post, choice is a good thing to have.

new users can't choose which version they want. either they fork out a ton of money for an ee that they may not feel is worth it so they can get the original bundled in [which is maybe what they DID want in the first place.] or they don't buy in at all. that seems like a "non-choice" to me if ever there was one.

i looked a little more into some of your other replies and i'd like to say one other thing:

not everyone's in your fiscal situation. to some - especially some new players who might have been curious about the old ad+d games, those old price points might have been an attractive "buy spot." i mean this in the sense that $10 would be a great price for an old game that they might only have dipped their toes into.

$50 [at the very high end for this bundle] probably does a /very/ good job of pushing away potential customers.

finally: new people come to these games all the time. the fact that this was on the store for as long as it was as the diamond edition means very little. future gamers coming to gog now don't have a cheap onramp to discover d+d. they have this or bust. which is a shame.

circling back around to my original point: removing choice is always the worst way to do things.
Post edited October 13, 2018 by lostwolfe
tinyE: Okay, WTF happened to this thread?

And people wonder why I hate being alive. :P

You know Dark_Ansem, it's possible to disagree with someone, even chastise them, without the name calling and personal insults.
dudalb: Hey, this happens with every thread involving a Beamdog game.
I am not a Beamdog fanboy...just get me started on that horrid expansion to BG2 they put out....but the Beamdog hate gets ridiculous.
Beamdog deserves a good deal of hate. I will not forget easily their behavior after they released BG:EE. A legitimate criticism about bugs and their questionable additions was labelled by them as "hate" and then when they released SoD they accused fans of being transphobic claiming that there was "a right wing" campaign against them.

Then, they had that interview calling fans and creators of BG1 misogynists.

And then they topped it by pulling away classic editions from gog and claiming that they had nothing to do with it. First, they claimed it was Hasbro, then that it was gog. And then after weeks (months?) of denying it, they finally admitted they were involved.

And they have never apologized for their behavior...

So why should I, and others, forget how they treated us? They deserve every ounce of criticism they receive.
low rated
bouncedk: 1) I have NO idea who Beamdog is nor do I care the slightest.
2) It's 100% retarded to REPLACE a perfectly good playable game with something that cost 500x as much. Why can't they have both so people can choose? Is that really too much to ask? No it is not.
3) Is this not Good Old Games anymore???
Dark_Ansem: 1) absolutely precious.
2) it wasn't perfectly playable by any means.
fronzelneekburm: Mayhap ask Beamdog for advice. They're experts at squeezing "some extra" out of their customers.
Dark_Ansem: I doubt even Midas could get some extra out of you.
No I is indeed priceless..somebody in a debate admits he does not know what the hell he is talking about.
ArachnosX: If you buy the deluxe edition (Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition), the standard edition (Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition) is not marked as owned.
Fair enough, but if those reviewers (esp the ones who reviewed positive) did actually buy the DE, they should have put their review there. As of this post, there are only 4 reviews for the DE
IwubCheeze: Fair enough, but if those reviewers (esp the ones who reviewed positive) did actually buy the DE, they should have put their review there. As of this post, there are only 4 reviews for the DE
Sure, but what people should do isn't necessarily what they actually do. I've checked and found at least 2 more reviews from users not marked as "Verified owner", despite them owning the game.
Linko90: This Thursday (October 11th) will see the release of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition. This means we will no longer be selling the original Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Neverwinter Nights Diamond will be included in the Enhanced Edition as a bonus.

For those that wish to own Neverwinter Nights Diamond without purchasing the Enhanced version, we invite you to purchase the game before it’s delisted and replaced by the Enhanced version on October 11th.

Neverwinter Nights Diamond - https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for this announcement. I just saw it when looking for info re the graphics on this very game.
I just got the old version, I thought? a few days ago. Somehow I missed any annoucement from GoG about the enhanced edition coming up :-(
Sooo ...wonder if GoG would switch out my versions...? Cheeky of me...
Meanwhile, I still have this issue about the graphics...
Thanks for this post by the by!
Linko90: This Thursday (October 11th) will see the release of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition. This means we will no longer be selling the original Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Neverwinter Nights Diamond will be included in the Enhanced Edition as a bonus.

For those that wish to own Neverwinter Nights Diamond without purchasing the Enhanced version, we invite you to purchase the game before it’s delisted and replaced by the Enhanced version on October 11th.

Neverwinter Nights Diamond - https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition
lada_: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for this announcement. I just saw it when looking for info re the graphics on this very game.
I just got the old version, I thought? a few days ago. Somehow I missed any annoucement from GoG about the enhanced edition coming up :-(
Sooo ...wonder if GoG would switch out my versions...? Cheeky of me...
Meanwhile, I still have this issue about the graphics...
Thanks for this post by the by!
How much did the old version cost you, and is it more than the additional discount you get when buying the enhanced edition as an owner of Diamond Edition? Figure that out, then seek out GOG support if you still want to change your version.

(Also be aware that GOG is selling two versions: the standard Enhanced Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition.)

Edit: Owners of DE gets an additional 25% off of either version of the Enhanced Edition, for a total of either 50% for EE (instead of 25%) or 60% for DDE (instead of 35%). So it's really a matter of whether [full price for version you want] * 0.25 >= [cost of Diamond Edition]; if it is, then there is no point in asking for a refund. And no, I don't think they'll give you either Enhanced version as a free upgrade.
Post edited October 15, 2018 by MightyPinecone