It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Okay, WTF happened to this thread?

And people wonder why I hate being alive. :P

You know Dark_Ansem, it's possible to disagree with someone, even chastise them, without the name calling and personal insults.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by tinyE
low rated
tinyE: Okay, WTF happened to this thread?

You know Dark_Ansem, it's possible to disagree with someone, even chastise them, without the name calling and personal insults.
You know, if people talk without having a clue, name calling is deserved. Also, I do NOT tolerate ignoramuses like that posting fake news and misinformation. I dare any of you to post evidence that Beamdog unilaterally told GOG to stop selling the old classics.

What people like the above troll are doing is spreading falsehoods and hatemongering for shits and giggles.

Also, I am quite irritated by this mobster behaviour of downvoting who tells the facts and upvoting who spreads falsehoods.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by Dark_Ansem
tinyE: Okay, WTF happened to this thread?

Dark_Ansem: You know, if people talk without having a clue, name calling is deserved. Also, I do NOT tolerate ignoramuses like that posting fake news and misinformation. I dare any of you to post evidence that Beamdog unilaterally told GOG to stop selling the old classics.

What people like the above troll are doing is spreading falsehoods and hatemongering for shits and giggles.
Well, the forum isn't going to tolerate your crap and I would imagine neither are the Blues.

Enjoy your pissing and moaning while you can because I would imagine you're about to be banned.
low rated
Dark_Ansem: You know, if people talk without having a clue, name calling is deserved. Also, I do NOT tolerate ignoramuses like that posting fake news and misinformation. I dare any of you to post evidence that Beamdog unilaterally told GOG to stop selling the old classics.

tinyE: Well, the forum isn't going to tolerate your crap and I would imagine neither are the Blues.

Enjoy your pissing and moaning while you can because I would imagine you're about to be banned.
Since the blues are actively tolerating the spreading of fake news and falsehoods, they are just as broken as a brain-dead community who jumps at conspiracy theories and is completely unwilling to do their own research, not to mention of ignoramuses like Doggie there, teaching the law to someone who actually knows what it is being talked about.

Oh no, I ignored this forum for like, 8 years, and now I'm going to be banned! THE TRAGEDY!

toxicTom: And maybe you even have to pay extra for the soundtrack which was formerly included (remains to be seen).
mk47at: The following has been written many times, but it seems to be necessary to keep repeating the information:

So far none of the bundled soundtracks has been removed. For each game the old soundtrack is still an extra of the classic version that is sold together with each enhanced edition. The new soundtrack option is for new lossless music files (i.e. higher quality) that have not been sold before. I don't see a problem in adding optional new files.

–––

If I assume that the price on GOG will be similar to that on Steam the complete EE will cost more than 50 €. I'm not happy about that.
Also, thank you for this.
Dark_Ansem: snip
Your claim with with this discussion started:

"How exactly is Beamdog responsible for the takedown of the Diamond edition when the decision is entirely of GOG's?"

From the link you provided:

"The decision to take Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate II, Icewind Dale, and most recently, Planescape: Torment from sale on GOG and bundle them with the Beamdog Enhanced Edition titles was a joint decision between the Beamdog and GOG leadership teams, just as it was when the GOG Definitive Edition Bundles were first announced."

While I personally don't agree with the tone of some discussions around here, calling someone an idiot and a whiny cretin, whilst in the same post calling for moderation doesn't really paint you as discussing in good faith.
low rated
Dark_Ansem: They are working on them, AFAIK.

However, I am in absolute dismay at the negative comments. The Diamond Edition has been on GOG for years. If someone wanted it so badly, perhaps that someone should have got it before, you know, a better performing remake came out?
richlind33: Beamdog clearly hasn't got what it takes to make new games, so I applaud them for carving out a niche making dodgy "enhanced editions" and forcing people to buy them if they want the originals -- and to hell with the fools that haven't got the sense to recognize the value of "progress". That's right, progress! -- that will improve our quality of life by leaps and bounds! So if you're asking how much it's going to cost, you're not doing it right! Because progress is priceless!
If the new games are like certain pieces of crap that I have seen going around, I'd rather stick to the classics.
Dark_Ansem: snip
Aemenyn: Your claim with with this discussion started:

"How exactly is Beamdog responsible for the takedown of the Diamond edition when the decision is entirely of GOG's?"

From the link you provided:

"The decision to take Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate II, Icewind Dale, and most recently, Planescape: Torment from sale on GOG and bundle them with the Beamdog Enhanced Edition titles was a joint decision between the Beamdog and GOG leadership teams, just as it was when the GOG Definitive Edition Bundles were first announced."

While I personally don't agree with the tone of some discussions around here, calling someone an idiot and a whiny cretin, whilst in the same post calling for moderation doesn't really paint you as discussing in good faith.
And, if you notice, it isn't talking about NWNEE so my point still stands. Maybe GOG could actually step in and clarify?

More importantly, it completely debunks the post who SOMEHOW got more highlight which spread the falsehood of Beamdog being 100% responsible for wanting the old editions to be taken down. So yeah, again, my point still stands. I can concede that I was 50% wrong about the other classics, but not on NWNEE because no official word has happened yet.

More importantly, IP law works very particularly when applied across nations so yeah, there's that too.

I am a user with 11 posts. I only bothered because I'm sick of hatemongers spreading falsehoods. If that's not in good faith, I suppose you'd rather trust someone with 500 posts made mostly of BS.
low rated
And FYI, I got the Gold NWN around 10 years ago in London, bought the Diamond back when it was released, and now I have the EE. I am a fan, yes.
so help me god if he says "falsehood" or "fake news" one more time I'm jumping in the lake. :P
tinyE: so help me god if he says "falsehood" or "fake news" one more time I'm jumping in the lake. :P
That's both a falsehood and fake news unless you provide pictures.
tinyE: so help me god if he says "falsehood" or "fake news" one more time I'm jumping in the lake. :P
nightcraw1er.488: That's both a falsehood and fake news unless you provide pictures.
Attachments:
lake.jpg (36 Kb)
Nicole28: You are claiming backwards upside down that GOG is responsible for the take-down of the Diamond edition (wow, GOG suddenly own the rights to beamdog now, just because beamdog sold a game here!), except GOG is responsible for nothing. Only the product creator/IP holder/publisher/ have the right to decide whether their products will go on or off for sale at the store. GOG does not interfere (and cannot) with any general product decisions. I don't even know how you can say something like that with a straight face, if you aren't new to gaming.

@Topic
I almost got excited there for a minute, as from the way it's worded, it does at a glance, seem as if all owners of the Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition will get the upgrade for free. But alas, it's not the case.
Dark_Ansem: Because, unlike you, I have more than a bit of basic knowledge of how the law works. I couldn't care less about you downvoting me.
Well- you could be a laywyer but that is the way GOG is working and that is a fact!
low rated
Dark_Ansem: Because, unlike you, I have more than a bit of basic knowledge of how the law works. I couldn't care less about you downvoting me.
MarkoH01: Well- you could be a laywyer but that is the way GOG is working and that is a fact!
Key word is GOG, not Beamdog.
Dark_Ansem: And, if you notice, it isn't talking about NWNEE so my point still stands. Maybe GOG could actually step in and clarify?
You're not seriously suggesting that, after jointly deciding on a release plan for the BG enhanced editions, Beamdog would decide to not follow the same strategy for NWN, but GOG stepped in and pulled the old edition anyway?

I mean it's not impossible, but it does seem an irrational conclusion to make.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by Aemenyn

Also, I am quite irritated by this mobster behaviour of downvoting who tells the facts and upvoting who spreads falsehoods.
You know, I don't suffer fools kindly and I'm a bit of a dick, and I've managed to never get banned because I'm rarely downright rude to people. Name-calling isn't appropriate. Also, stop caring about the rep; the only thing it affects is your ability to post a link without putting quote tags around it. Do you think having a 1500 rep helps me? I don't care. He's not a troll. He has posted his supporting evidence, and you have posted yours .Both are quite convincing if you'd stop condescending enough to realize it. He's not wrong, and yet, neither are you because while the truth is out there, unless there's a legal investigation or release of information down the road, we'll likely never see it. All 3 parties have pointed the finger at one another. He's not spreading falsehoods anymore than you are.

My advice, which is totally unsolicited, is to calm down a little and not be so insulting to those you're trying to have a conversation with. Please.

EDIT: Well, almost 2000 rep. Who knew!! :P
Post edited October 11, 2018 by paladin181
Linko90: ...
Can you now give us a specific hour?