It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[UPDATE: 15.05.2015]
We've started importing the old Private Messages into Chat. :) It's a process so you will see them gradually being added to your conversations.

[ORIGINAL]

Hi all,

Many of you probably already know this - from the various hints we dropped here and there - but for quite some time now we have been hard at work on the brand new My Account section.

Since this is a very vital part of your experience at GOG.com (basically the one place that's 100% yours), and its release day is approaching pretty fast, I wanted to give you some heads-up and a brief overview of the changes that we have in store for you. Read on! :)

New things dedicated to your games:
-- Shared user wishlist. Yes, this highly requested feature will finally make its debut along with the new My Account. With just a few clicks, you will be able to decide whether your wishlist is private (viewable only by you), shared with friends (viewable only by you and people from your friends list, which is the default setting) or shared with everyone (because why not? ;)). You will get a handy link to your wishlist that you can share wherever and with whomever you like (a GOG.com Account is not required to view a wishlist shared with everyone). :)
-- Advanced filtering. We decided that, since your collections are getting bigger and bigger with each passing day, this is the perfect time to introduce some robust filtering options to both the Library AND Wishlist. Now, finding all your RPGs with Polish localization and co-op will be… well... finally possible. ;) It’s worth noting that the filtering options are based on your collection (so if you have no games with a Polish localization, you will not see the Polish option in the language filter).
-- User tags for the Library. With the new My Account, you will be able to create your own tags (up to 50), assign them to your games and movies and later use them to even better navigate and filter your collection. You will be able to assign multiple tags to each item in your collection and doing so will be possible from both your shelf/list directly or from the game/movie details.
-- Orders history. As part of the transition into the new My Account, we are retiring the "gifts" section, but in its place we are giving you a list of ALL your past orders and ALL your gifts, including the ones that have been given to you (finally). The orders history can be tailored and adjusted to your liking with a few clicks (for example, you can change it to list gifts only).
-- Changelogs. You will be able to view game changelogs directly on the new My Account page within the game details overlay. Of course, not every game will have it, but we will be keeping the changelogs up to date for the most popular, latest titles the same way we are doing right now on the forums.
-- Better organization of the downloads list. We improved the way downloads are organized on the game/movie details overlay. It will be easier to download the correct OS and language version of our installers and see which goodies are part of which DLC.

New things dedicated to communication:
-- Friends list. Already introduced in GOG Galaxy, the friends system is making its way to the GOG.com website as part of the new My Account section.
-- Chat. Old and weary private messages are retiring and are transformed into a new, live chat system. Chat will be available from both GOG Galaxy and My Account. Don't worry, all your past conversations that were conducted via private messages will be imported and preserved in the chat (and you will now be able to continue them live!).

Smaller but notable improvements:
-- Proper game versioning. With the new My Account, we will start to display the actual game version in the downloads on the game details overlay, so you will be able to easily identify if the version you have on your computer is the latest one, or it needs updating.
-- Improved navigation. Now it will be easier to jump straight into the store page, support, and forums relevant to each item in your collection.
-- Locale settings. Change your preferred currency and website / newsletter language directly on My Account to have them stored within your profile.
-- Pagination. We brought back the much requested, tried-and-true pagination view to the new My Account. This change is dictated mostly by your convenience but also by performance / stability for accounts with bigger collections (and with better performance, we are improving your convenience at the same time:)). The default size of each page is 100 items, but we believe that with the myriad of new filtering options it won't be a problem.
-- Text titles. The new My Account will display game/movie titles in text form, both on the list and shelf views. No more deciphering the logos on small boxes! :)
-- Mobile device support. Yes, viewing My Account on your mobile device will no longer be a chore.
-- COMING SOON: Proper graphics and links for all titles. We are conducting a little clean up in this area. Pretty sooan all games should have proper graphics and links in place.
-- COMING SOON: 5 new shelf skins. We are starting with only 1 skin (the classic wood), but soon after release we will add a bunch of new styles. It's purely a visual thing, so we didn't want to focus on that before release. Since many of you requested new styles, we will be introducing them pretty soon.
-- COMING SOON: Improved searching. Soon, finding desired titles will be easier thanks to the search improvements that we'll be implementing on the new My Account. Also, as part of the solution, we will be changing the way that titles from a series are ordered (i.e. Broken Sword should always show up before Broken Sword 2).

Of course the full list of changes and improvements is much longer, but highlights should give you a nice overview of what is coming. Hope you like it already, and that you will love it when we release it in just a few days. :)

Lastly, I wanted to point out the two important things that all of you should keep in mind:
-- The change is mandatory. We love freedom of choice, and we love giving it to you whenever it's possible, but unfortunately in this case it's not possible. Maintaining two, completely separate products dedicated to the same things would negatively impact both of them on all fronts. Performance, scalability, our ability to improve and expand them, but most importantly your convenience - as some of the new features were not possible to implement on the old My Account - would all be impacted.
-- Manual sorting is no more. We have decided to skip this functionality because it was beyond our reach to deliver the quality we wanted to. We decided it would be better if we were focused on the numerous other options requested by you.

Hope all of this gives you a clear vision what to expect in the coming days. Also please rest assured that we already have plans on how to develop the My Account section in the near and distant future: what to add, what should be changed a bit, etc., but we are always open to your feedback - so jump in and share your opinion. :)

Take care,
Chamb & The Website Team
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Chamb
high rated
Hi all,

Thanks for all the feeback and keep it coming! We are carefully reading every post in this topic and making some notes (but please understand we cannot respond to each of you ;)).

As for the chat replacing PMs - which seems to be to most hot topic - here are few more details:
-- By default you will be able chat with everyone on GOG.com - they don't have to be your friends.
-- You will be able to change you default privacy settings to "friends only" or block it completely.
-- You will be able to start conversation the same way you did with PMs - by finding specific user on GOG.com. Previously it was limited only to the forums, but with the new My Account we will be extending that to product reviews, community wishlist, GOGmixes (basically to every place user avatar and name appears on GOG.com).
-- You can chat with multiple people at the same time, but each conversation is 1:1. There are no rooms and/or group conversations.
-- The new chat interface look a lot like the PMs, so it will feel pretty familiar.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Chamb
I would like to be able to sort my games manually, on the website and in galaxy. The sorting just doesnt work for me... I want to sort my games from my most loved games to the ones I dont like or never played (the free ones, and stuff that were in sale-bundles). And additionally the sorting is not good at all at the moment. Sorting by date splits up series... because for example, I got Fallout 1 a year earlier than Fallout 2 and Tactics... and sorting by Name puts Witcher to the bottom of my list..... and stuff I dont play on top of my list. So for me the sorting as is, is bad. Please enable manual sorting!
high rated
Gorny1: I would like to be able to sort my games manually, on the website and in galaxy. The sorting just doesnt work for me... I want to sort my games from my most loved games to the ones I dont like or never played (the free ones, and stuff that were in sale-bundles). And additionally the sorting is not good at all at the moment. Sorting by date splits up series... because for example, I got Fallout 1 a year earlier than Fallout 2 and Tactics... and sorting by Name puts Witcher to the bottom of my list..... and stuff I dont play on top of my list. So for me the sorting as is, is bad. Please enable manual sorting!
Perhaps you could consider voting for its return.
Okay, so you guys have archived threads and now a crapton of my 'favorited' threads have disappeared. Can I have them back, please?
HypersomniacLive: Perhaps you could consider voting for its return.
done
Okay, found my missing favorited threads in the Archives forum. Would prefer they still show up here with my other favorites, but I can live with it.
high rated
Coelocanth: Okay, so you guys have archived threads and now a crapton of my 'favorited' threads have disappeared. Can I have them back, please?
Someone said that one'sr favourite threads wills still be listed as favourite on the General discussion (archive) main page.
Coelocanth: Okay, so you guys have archived threads and now a crapton of my 'favorited' threads have disappeared. Can I have them back, please?
HypersomniacLive: Someone said that one'sr favourite threads wills still be listed as favourite on the General discussion (archive) main page.
They are :) I have two favorites that were archived and they are listed just like the unarchived ones :)
yyahoo: I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but in looking in the Chat section, I just now noticed that it provides information on what game users are currently playing (I assume only if they are using Galaxy).
Every feature which leaks private information to other users has to have an option to disable it, otherwise Galaxy is not usable. Even more any of these options should be disabled by default so that a user has to enable them explicitly. But at least with the latter GOG is in good company with other companies with no respect for the privacy of their users.

For me this also includes the possibility to disable sending the information about which game I play to GOGs servers when it's not a multiplayer game.

Does anybody know if the following parts of GOGs privacy policy have already been introduced at the beginning or when they have been added?

We will use the above information in the following ways:

(a) To enable GOG.com functionality that helps you and your friends keep updated about what you’re doing within GOG services, e.g. notifying you and your GOG.com friends about who is playing what games.

(g) To improve or modify GOG services, for example based on which games you like more and how you play them.

Edit: Italic does not work anymore (for longer text parts)? Using bold instead ...
Post edited May 17, 2015 by eiii
UsernameBeta: Please MAKE THE LIBRARY TEXT SELECTABLE AGAIN!
In the past I simply CTRL+A CTRL+C to get a full text list of the games in my library. That's no longer possible because the text is no longer selectable.
I did not even realize this so far as I haven't tried to copy the game list from the new library because of the paging. GOG please re-add the possibility to select the game list and copy and paste it. Why do you have to remove every useful feature with your upgrades?

Edit: And when you are on it please also make the prices on your promo pages selectable again. ;)

UsernameBeta: Also, instead of the since forever disfunctinal * "updated" filter, add a sort option named "last modified". I don't care what's modified. Added a new file to download? Changed a typo on the details page? Change the modified timestamp and let us sort by it.
+1 That would be really useful as the current update flag vanishes way too easy and the information about the update gets lost.
eiii: Edit: Italic does not work anymore (for longer text parts)? Using bold instead ...
Italics do not like carriage returns. Actually, I assumed all of the tags were like that.

We will use the above information in the following ways:

(a) To enable GOG.com functionality that helps you and your friends keep updated about what you’re doing within GOG services, e.g. notifying you and your GOG.com friends about who is playing what games.

(g) To improve or modify GOG services, for example based on which games you like more and how you play them.
HypersomniacLive: Someone said that one'sr favourite threads wills still be listed as favourite on the General discussion (archive) main page.
JudasIscariot: They are :) I have two favorites that were archived and they are listed just like the unarchived ones :)
Do you guys plan to remove threads from the archive after a certain time? If so, could you please forewarn us a long time before you will do it so that we can backup things we are interested in?

Somehow I'm very afraid that this is the first step to infest the forums with the new, shiny GOG design and all the improvements combined with it ... :/
eiii: Also, instead of the since forever disfunctinal * "updated" filter, add a sort option named "last modified". I don't care what's modified. Added a new file to download? Changed a typo on the details page? Change the modified timestamp and let us sort by it.

+1 That would be really useful as the current update flag vanishes way too easy and the information about the update gets lost.
I have no idea why the changelog gets lost for you. They are rather permanent. Are you on Firefox 38, by any chance?
Gydion: Italics do not like carriage returns. Actually, I assumed all of the tags were like that.
Thanks!
So encapsulating every single line into the tags would have done the trick. At least bold does work with line breaks included. :)

eiii: Also, instead of the since forever disfunctinal * "updated" filter, add a sort option named "last modified". I don't care what's modified. Added a new file to download? Changed a typo on the details page? Change the modified timestamp and let us sort by it.

JudasIscariot: I have no idea why the changelog gets lost for you. They are rather permanent. Are you on Firefox 38, by any chance?
Not the changelog, it's still there (at least when I reload the page), but the update flag is gone forever when I have looked once into the changelog (or any other part of the game library, not sure what exactly triggers the removal of the flag). And going through the changelog of several hundred games to look what have updated lately is just not practical, especially when you have to do it through the complicated UI.

Having an option to sort the games by the last update time would make checking for updates much easier.

Edit: Any other kind of central changelog which is publicly accessible and parse-able also would help (like an RSS feed).
In all fairness, I am very pleased to have changelogs now.
high rated
No manual arrangement of library is bullshit. It's one of the features i liked the most out of GOG over other services like Steam.
First, the unbundling, now this. I have 400+ games in my library now, and i cannot even arrange them on my own logic as i used to be. Now it just looks like a giant mess.
I BEG people to massively sign the feature requests to bring back manual sorting:
- http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_or_bring_back_manual_sorting

And: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/manual_sorting

And my very own request to add an option to allow people bundle/unbundle games at will:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/give_users_an_option_to_bundleunbundle_games

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/give_users_an_option_to_bundleunbundle_games_1

Please, let GOG know that those are features that we WANT, or they won't care at all. Massively requesting such things is the only way.
Post edited May 17, 2015 by Shendue