It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
UCrest: Mortal Shell (EGS) Free-Game
Game: Link.
+ Add-On: Link.
Is the free soundtrack included in the GOG version ? I don't see it.
MaxFulvus: Is the free soundtrack included in the GOG version ? I don't see it.
GOGdb doesn't mention it, and it's not currently on the 2nd class citizens list.

Hmmm, I can't find it as a separate DLC on Steam. An Epic exclusive?

EDIT: In the Steam version it's apparently built into the game
It's already built into the game. If you go into the audio settings you can switch the boss music to Rotting Christ.
Maybe it's already built into the GOG one as well. It's an alternative soundtrack in-game.
Post edited December 29, 2022 by Braggadar
Braggadar: GOGdb doesn't mention it, and it's not currently on the 2nd class citizens list.

Hmmm, I can't find it as a separate DLC on Steam. An Epic exclusive?

EDIT: In the Steam version it's apparently built into the game

It's already built into the game. If you go into the audio settings you can switch the boss music to Rotting Christ.
Braggadar: Maybe it's already built into the GOG one as well. It's an alternative soundtrack in-game.
Thanks for the info.
high rated
Epic Games:

Dishonoured - Definitive Edition - Link

Made by Arkane Studios
A FPS action adventure game that gives you the multiple approaches to accomplish your mission
You can go guns blazing or you can use stealth to sneak past the guards
Different gameplay style and choices will give you different results
You also learn supernatural powers that can help with your gameplay style, such as temporary invisibility
The game uses a flexible combat system with various gadgets and weapons available
An astounding and classic (if I may add) choices matter game

Definitive Edition includes
The Knife of Dunwall
The Brigmore Witches
Dunwall City Trials and
Void Walker’s Arsenal (previously only available to preorders)

This is the last Holidays giveaway!

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing new

Next time: Eximius: Seize the Frontline
high rated
DrX, Eximus is NOW, not next time :)
renegade042: DrX, Eximus is NOW, not next time :)
Eximius: Seize the Frontline
high rated
Post deleted by way of editing.
Post edited December 30, 2022 by Catventurer
renegade042: DrX, Eximus is NOW, not next time :)
philipp_chris: Eximius: Seize the Frontline
Thanks! Yes, they changed the dates 10 minutes after. More free giveaway for us! :)
Catventurer: Since Epic's daily giveaways is over such that the next one will be in January, here's the DRM status for all of them for those that have been claiming games daily:

DRM-Free Games
Costume Quest 2
Death Stranding
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Encased
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch
LEGO Builder's Journey
Metro: Last Light Redux
Mortal Shell
Sable
Severed Steel (requires the "-EpicPortal" switch)
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Partially DRMed
Horizon Chase Turbo: You can run and play the game with no issues outside of the Epic launcher. However the game didn't know I had claimed the free Rookie Series DLC, which means that some level of DRM exists in this game for the DLCs.

Them's Fightin' Herds: Single-player is DRM-free if "-EpicPortal" switch is used. However all online functions, including achievements (if you care) and online play are disabled.

Completely DRMed Games
Bloons TD 6 - Epic launcher required for this one

Didn't Check
Eximius: Seize the Frontline - This is an online multiplayer 5v5 team game, so I'm expecting that there will be DRM where the Epic launcher is required as it would be an easy way to facilitate match-ups.

Also GOG will be giving something away tomorrow.
I'd love if you (or anyone) would do this maybe once a month. It's great to know which games do and don't require the launcher!
high rated
JakobFel: I'd love if you (or anyone) would do this maybe once a month. It's great to know which games do and don't require the launcher!
Don't you remember? People WERE doing this and got the dedicated thread locked as a result. Better you guys stick to PCGW for this info so we don't muddy the water here.
JakobFel: I'd love if you (or anyone) would do this maybe once a month. It's great to know which games do and don't require the launcher!
Braggadar: Don't you remember? People WERE doing this and got the dedicated thread locked as a result. Better you guys stick to PCGW for this info so we don't muddy the water here.
No, I do not remember that, but it doesn't surprise me given what I've experienced in this community.
Catventurer: Also GOG will be giving something away tomorrow.
wondering if its going to be dishonored 3
high rated
Catventurer: Since Epic's daily giveaways is over such that the next one will be in January, here's the DRM status for all of them for those that have been claiming games daily:
*snip*
It would be great if you two can go do that in a new thread, so you don't get the giveaway threads locked.

Braggadar: Don't you remember? People WERE doing this and got the dedicated thread locked as a result. Better you guys stick to PCGW for this info so we don't muddy the water here.
JakobFel: No, I do not remember that, but it doesn't surprise me given what I've experienced in this community.
The old DRM-free threads weren't locked because of the community, they were locked because of new forum rules.

Catventurer was warned about this two months ago, but he can't seem to be able to stop himself.

I understand why some people upvote his posts, it's good information to have. What's even better is to have a thread were you find actual giveaways.

As Braggadar pointed out, you can find DRM information about games here:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

As PixelBoy pointed out two months ago, there's even a dedicated list just for Epic:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Epic_Games_Store

There's even a list with lists for many different stores:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
high rated
Daymare:1998 (GOG) is free today on Gog's frontpage.

https://www.gog.com/en
(ø,ø): Catventurer was warned about this two months ago, but he can't seem to be able to stop himself.
Catventurer sustained a concussion in November and is still dealing with memory loss.
If the moderators gave me any type of official warning, I really don't remember.

The only reminder that I got from individuals that were aware of this injury is that this is thread is specifically for storefronts with AAA Studio games - meaning Steam, Epic, Fanatical (which is just more Steam), etc. It is not for giveaways on itch, IndieGala, Zoom Platform, etc. I know there's a few storefronts on both ends (AAA and not AAA) that I'm forgetting here.

Because it really is easier for me to remember things if you keep it simple, let's all agree that discussing the issue of DRM is a banned subject.