It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
drxenija: Quakecon 2020 is now live!

Quake, Quake Champions (and maybe Quake II) is FREE during Bethesda Stream
from August 7th 12pm ET - August 9th 11pm ET

To claim:
Link your Twitch account to your Bethesda.net account and watch @ https://www.twitch.tv/Bethesda
You can claim Quake on the Bethesda launcher + Quake 2 if QuakeCon reaches 10 000 USD in donations.

Full list of free Quakecon rewards:

▪ Quake and Quake Champions for Free! – Throughout the weekend of QuakeCon, players can login to Bethesda.net and obtain a free digital copy of the original Quake on the Bethesda launcher. You must be logged into your Bethesda.net account to claim the free game.

▪ Donate for Quake II
If donations reach the $10,000 mark, players will be granted a free digital copy of Quake II on the Bethesda launcher at a point soon after the event.

▪ ESO In-Game Pet
Watch any of the official ESO streams each day and you will receive a QuakeCon-unique Twitch Drop, the Flame Atronach Pony pet, in addition to Ouroboros Crown Crates! Make sure you link your ESO and Twitch accounts ahead of time to qualify.

▪ DOOM Eternal QuakeCon Slayer Skin
DOOM Eternal players can access a free in-game QuakeCon Slayer Skin, icon, and player badge across all platforms. Available until August 11.

▪ Quake Champions Railgun Skin
Claim a free, exclusive QuakeCon 2020 Railgun skin in Quake Champions.

▪ Fallout 76 Sheepsquatch Outfit and Mr. Fuzzy Backpack Demonic Variants
Claim these free in-game items from the Atomic Shop all weekend during QuakeCon, available across all platforms.

For more information: https://quakecon.bethesda.net/en/
See, this is why I love Bethesda so much. Because ZeniMax owns so many studios, we always get awesome freebies when they do events like E3 and QuakeCon. For a person like me who likes pretty much everything that Bethesda publishes (I haven't played The Evil Within, though, because I'm not a huge horror fan), QuakeCon is always something I look forward to enjoying.

Bethesda gets such a bad rap, IMO.
IndieGala is giving away A.I.M Racing for free,

check it out here: https://freebies.indiegala.com/aim-racing/?dev_id=freebies
For Android :

Nice looking battle card game
Pirates Outlaws
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.piratesoutlaws.fabledgame&pli=1
there's a couple of possible in-game purchases but everything can be unlocked by playing.

A puzzle I haven't tried yet but has good reviews
Unwanted Gray
[url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qookie.unwantedgray&pli=1https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qookie.unwantedgray&pli=1[/b[/url]]
high rated
drxenija: Quakecon 2020 is now live!

Quake, Quake Champions (and maybe Quake II) is FREE during Bethesda Stream
from August 7th 12pm ET - August 9th 11pm ET

To claim:
Link your Twitch account to your Bethesda.net account and watch @ https://www.twitch.tv/Bethesda
You can claim Quake on the Bethesda launcher + Quake 2 if QuakeCon reaches 10 000 USD in donations.

Full list of free Quakecon rewards:

▪ Quake and Quake Champions for Free! – Throughout the weekend of QuakeCon, players can login to Bethesda.net and obtain a free digital copy of the original Quake on the Bethesda launcher. You must be logged into your Bethesda.net account to claim the free game.

▪ Donate for Quake II
If donations reach the $10,000 mark, players will be granted a free digital copy of Quake II on the Bethesda launcher at a point soon after the event.

▪ ESO In-Game Pet
Watch any of the official ESO streams each day and you will receive a QuakeCon-unique Twitch Drop, the Flame Atronach Pony pet, in addition to Ouroboros Crown Crates! Make sure you link your ESO and Twitch accounts ahead of time to qualify.

▪ DOOM Eternal QuakeCon Slayer Skin
DOOM Eternal players can access a free in-game QuakeCon Slayer Skin, icon, and player badge across all platforms. Available until August 11.

▪ Quake Champions Railgun Skin
Claim a free, exclusive QuakeCon 2020 Railgun skin in Quake Champions.

▪ Fallout 76 Sheepsquatch Outfit and Mr. Fuzzy Backpack Demonic Variants
Claim these free in-game items from the Atomic Shop all weekend during QuakeCon, available across all platforms.

For more information: https://quakecon.bethesda.net/en/
There is also gonna be Quake III for free, because of 20k donations. :)
Info:
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1292304554990739458
Post edited August 09, 2020 by PMPMGamer
low rated
Stupid question, but you don't have to INSTALL Quake during the weekend, right? The game is in your acct for good?
low rated
PMPMGamer: There is also gonna be Quake III for free, because of 20k donations. :)
Info:
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1292304554990739458
I think this is replacing Quake II, actually. I... don't know why, but Bethesda gonna Bethesda I guess.
low rated
BlueMooner: Stupid question, but you don't have to INSTALL Quake during the weekend, right? The game is in your acct for good?
TheMonkofDestiny: I think this is replacing Quake II, actually. I... don't know why, but Bethesda gonna Bethesda I guess.
From what I understand, They're giving out Quake II because they received at least $10,000 in charitable donations, and Quake III because they received at least $20,000 in charitable donations. You have to link your Bethesda.net account to your Twitch account, and you have to watch Bethesda's Twitch stream for at least 10 minutes during QuakeCon. They already gave out Quake just for watching the stream for at least 10 minutes, and I already received the game. Quake II and Quake III are supposed to be given out after QuakeCon ends, and AFAIK you don't have to install the game to be able to keep it forever.
Post edited August 10, 2020 by finkleroy
low rated
I can already see the downvotes coming but I have to say it - registering for not one but two services to get 3 games that are decades old, were mostly famous for having great graphics for the time (now outdated, obviously), are distributed with drm through a launcher that has little other use on a platform that has much higher chance of disappearing than general distributors like Steam or GOG... When discounted, together they cost 10 euros here, on GOG. The loops one has to jump through to get something for free. Technically a giveaway. But you do pay. With your time and personal information.
Post edited August 10, 2020 by johannesjidl
low rated
finkleroy: From what I understand
I got the logistics of what they were aiming for, I just got the news elsewhere that presented it as if they'd shifted the donation goal and just skipped Quake II entirely. If that's not the case, I have no issue being wrong in my understanding of it.
low rated
johannesjidl: I can already see the downvotes coming but I have to say it - registering for not one but two services to get 3 games that are decades old, were mostly famous for having great graphics for the time (now outdated, obviously), are distributed with drm through a launcher that has little other use on a platform that has much higher chance of disappearing than general distributors like Steam or GOG... When discounted, together they cost 10 euros here, on GOG. The loops one has to jump through to get something for free. Technically a giveaway. But you do pay. With your time and personal information.
Down voted! 3 of the best fps ever made are on offer for free and you can build them from source if Bethesda's launcher offends you. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
low rated
johannesjidl: I can already see the downvotes coming but I have to say it - registering for not one but two services to get 3 games that are decades old
I totally agree with you. I won't deal with Bethesda incompetence, lack of respect of my time, and hypocrisy - 20.000 $ is nothing to them. If you had an interest in the Quake games you probably own them by now. I'd rather see fairer prices here on GOG than these fake giveaways - that are promotion for their useless client.
Post edited August 10, 2020 by Dogmaus
low rated
It's pretty sad that the modern gamer has to make a big stink out of everything related to companies like Bethesda instead of just being grateful that they're giving the games out to people who haven't had the chance to play them.

I mean, regardless of whether you like Bethesda or not, the fact that they're doing that is cool. It's ridiculous that people can't just learn to be grateful for things. Actually no, it's not just ridiculous, it's pretty pathetic as well. You know who does that? Spoiled, rich children under the age of 12.
low rated
OT1H I agree that having to sign up for accts and launchers is a PITA, but OTOH nobody's forcing anyone to do anything. It's not like your gvmt is ordering you to sign up for things or give info away. Everyone can do as they please.

I already got a Beth acct for the Morrowind giveaway they had last year, and I signed up for IO recently... don't remember why. I didn't have to link the accts or watch anything, I just dug out the Beth launcher, logged in, and saw Q1 already in my acct.

I've never played any of the Q games, don't know if I will now, even getting them free. I may never play them, but like Jakob said, I see no reason to complain. I dislike all the launchers and accts I have because I don't maintain a list of what I have where, so I can discover I own games I'd forgotten I had. On the plus side, I can discover I own games I'd forgotten I had.
low rated
JakobFel: It's pretty sad that the modern gamer has to make a big stink out of everything related to companies like Bethesda instead of just being grateful that they're giving the games out to people who haven't had the chance to play them.

I mean, regardless of whether you like Bethesda or not, the fact that they're doing that is cool. It's ridiculous that people can't just learn to be grateful for things. Actually no, it's not just ridiculous, it's pretty pathetic as well. You know who does that? Spoiled, rich children under the age of 12.
yes, I'm a spoiled 12 yo. i also don't want their client and if they really want to do a ga they can gift the game on Steam or better GOG, and stop making cost games on GOG as double as on Steam. See Dishonored currently on "sale" for 7 € on GOG and 2.99 € on Steam. They are clowns.
I've bought the Quake games here, and if I want to play Arx Fatalis, it's 1,49 € on GOG.

And yes, they are big hypocrites with these 20.000 $ of donation tiers when they make this money in minutes. They could donate their own money for charity.

Android:
Sort of Master of Orion 2 mobile clone
Uciana
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birdshel.Uciana

Dungeon crawling RPG, good reviews but one complaining it's grindy
Mistery of Fortune 2 (appears as MoF 2 on your phone, I was like where is the game)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nsd.mysteryOfFortune2&pli=1
Post edited August 10, 2020 by Dogmaus
low rated
JakobFel: It's pretty sad that the modern gamer has to make a big stink out of everything related to companies like Bethesda instead of just being grateful that they're giving the games out to people who haven't had the chance to play them.

Dogmaus: yes, I'm a spoiled 12 yo. i also don't want their client and if they really want to do a ga they can gift the game on Steam or better GOG, and stop making cost games on GOG as double as on Steam. See Dishonored currently on "sale" for 7 € on GOG and 2.99 € on Steam. They are clowns.
I've bought the Quake games here, and if I want to play Arx Fatalis, it's 1,49 € on GOG.

And yes, they are big hypocrites with these 20.000 $ of donation tiers when they make this money in minutes. They could donate their own money for charity.
If you don't want their client, that's fine, it's entirely your choice. Just don't complain about getting free games... furthermore, they've donated several million already, they were merely using this as a platform to raise funds for charities beyond what they've already donated.

Bethesda's not perfect but man, people give them so much grief for no real reason. Gamers today are spoiled, entitled brats and it's disgusting. They could literally donate all of their profit for the year to children's charities and people would still find something to whine about.