It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: No. It's not possible. And it's not a question of filters; it's simply that the data is not there. MaGog does not keep a history of regional prices, only of the base price.

P.S. If you have a specific question, it might be possible to answer it by writing a program that scans MaGog's historical logs (the ones she generates on her update runs, every six hours). I keep them all (currently upwards of 21 GB of text), just in case. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Fist off, sorry for the very belated reply.

Thanks for the offer, but my interest is more about being able to look up when and how things change.
Curious, since you keep all of her historical logs (i.e. the data I'd like to see are stored albeit in a non directly usable form), may I ask why they're not made available for look ups through additional/special filters?
Several reasons:
1. MaGog's server's disk space is limited. I can only keep the last 1-2 GB of logs there. Every few months, I download past logs to my home PC and delete them from the server. So when I say I have all historical logs, I mean on my home PC, not online.
2. Even if the logs were available online, they were designed to allow me to quickly browse them every six hours in order to detect GOG changes and to debug potential GOG and MaGog bugs. They were not designed for querying. Writing even one filter for querying the logs for my own use would be quite a task. Having a general purpose publicly available search engine for the logs would be a monumental endeavour.
3. Even if there were such filters, running them would probably takes many minutes, if not hours, per query, instead of the current 1-2 seconds when querying the database, making them much less user friendly.

mrkgnao: [...] P.P.S. BTW, the case you point to in the link above is not one of changing from flat to regional. It's from regional in a few countries to regional in a lot of countries. Ubisoft games have been regional for years now.
HypersomniacLive: I'm aware that Ubisoft release all their games regionally priced post the introduction of regional pricing here. The reason I mentioned it is that I recall their early catalogue (i.e. released before mid 2014) being flat priced (or at least with only discounted prices for the usual regions?) until recently.
You might be right. I don't remember. Unlike others, I don't differentiate between "regional priced where everyone pays less or the same as US" and "regional priced where some pay more than US". I don't think of one as better than the other. They're both equally regionally priced in my opinion.
high rated
mrkgnao: Several reasons:
1. MaGog's server's disk space is limited. I can only keep the last 1-2 GB of logs there. Every few months, I download past logs to my home PC and delete them from the server. So when I say I have all historical logs, I mean on my home PC, not online.
2. Even if the logs were available online, they were designed to allow me to quickly browse them every six hours in order to detect GOG changes and to debug potential GOG and MaGog bugs. They were not designed for querying. Writing even one filter for querying the logs for my own use would be quite a task. Having a general purpose publicly available search engine for the logs would be a monumental endeavour.
3. Even if there were such filters, running them would probably takes many minutes, if not hours, per query, instead of the current 1-2 seconds when querying the database, making them much less user friendly. [...]
Cheers, I assumed it must be a complicated matter.

But I think I didn't make myself very clear - when I spoke of additional/special filters, I didn't mean querying the logs themselves. I was thinking along the line of having the relevant logs data in a separate database (without them being permanently listed with the rest of the info per game) that could be queried using said filters. From everything you said, however, the work required isn't worth the odd query occasionally performed by a couple of users.

mrkgnao: [...] You might be right. I don't remember. Unlike others, I don't differentiate between "regional priced where everyone pays less or the same as US" and "regional priced where some pay more than US". I don't think of one as better than the other. They're both equally regionally priced in my opinion.
The reason I remember is because I've got my currency set to USD, so it's easy to spot a deviation from the US (base) price, especially when I was getting the US price, without having to consult the "Good News: Price Updates" thread, not because I consider one as better than the other; the reasons given for each type of regional pricing, and the way they're applied, is arbitrary, no matter how one looks at it.
high rated
GOG's newest bug (see my recent posts in the "what did just break" thread 2.0), which makes it almost impossible to retrieve a complete GOG catalogue, is playing havoc with MaGog's update runs. I have therefore temporarily disabled her automatic every-six-hours runs and instead will be running them manually over the weekend to better monitor the results and code a way around this serious bug.

BTW, I hope you guys and gals are faithfully backing up your GOG games, and not putting your trust in GOG's flaky servers to safeguard them.
mrkgnao:
I'd think that the temporary workaround would be for MaGOG to ignore any games appearing as removed?
high rated
mrkgnao:
Cavalary: I'd think that the temporary workaround would be for MaGOG to ignore any games appearing as removed?
It's not just that. For example, because of the inconsistent catalogue, some regional game prices could erroneously appear to have changed because GOG returns the prices for a different region than the one MaGog asked for. And more (fun...). I could, of course, not process any info obtained from catalogue pages, but I'm trying not to go there (yet...).
Post edited February 23, 2019 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: It's not just that. For example, because of the inconsistent catalogue, some regional game prices could erroneously appear to have changed because GOG returns the prices for a different region than the one MaGog asked for. And more (fun...). I could, of course, not process any info obtained from catalogue pages, but I'm trying not to go there (yet...).
Oh, thought it was just missing games. That's a mess... Wonder what they're doing, sounds like playing with servers and CDNs...
high rated
I coded a workaround for GOG's latest bug, so MaGog's is back to her regular update schedule. The workaround is not foolproof, so there might be a little noise until GOG gets its act together (things like a couple of random games with incorrect "indie" indication or a couple of random games with incorrect regional price in one random region). You probably won't notice it.
I thought you were talkikng about THIS GUY!
high rated
* Added the ability to filter separately for "Chinese (simplified)" and "Chinese (traditional)" languages, in addition to the existing "Chinese" language (now renamed "Chinese (any)")

* Changed the icon representing the "Chinese (traditional)" language from the flag of China to the flag of Taiwan
--- Note: The flag of China now represents only the "Chinese (simplified)" and "Chinese" (unspecified) languages.

* Changed the language comment "(Windows only)" from being displayed as is to being displayed merely as an asterisk
--- Note: Hovering over the asterisk reveals the "[Windows only]" indication.
high rated
* Restored support for the "Number of Ratings" and "Number of Reviews" fields, now that I have been to locate the information in the new GOG API
Why has gog.com search gone so downhill? Its such uitter dogshit now i barely even use gog.com to buy games anymore and i used to buy scores i have over 400 in my libary. I've maby bought 1 or 2 game this year because i dont bother even trying to find anything on gog.com when i cant even filter out dlc and such
I have a question.

GOG itself tells me, I own 134 games.
when I get the list of games for magog, it only tells me of 121 games

Is the normal (maybe games I got from GOG connect)?
Lykaon: I have a question.

Sorry, Magog's creator left it outdated as a protest against Gwent.
high rated

More specifically, MaGOG only tracks games added on GOG before 2018.
high rated

I have added this explanation to the OP:
"P.P.S. MaGog is currently in Legacy Mode. In this mode, she ignores games added to GOG after 31/12/2017, while fully monitoring games added to GOG on or before 31/12/2017. The reason for this is GOG's decision to add games with in-game purchasing (i.e. Gwent) to its catalogue. If and when GOG removes Gwent, MaGog will return to its full-blown regular mode."

That said, even before entering legacy mode, the number of items listed in your GOG library and on MaGog would have been different. The reason is that GOG and MaGog count items differently. MaGog counts items strictly based on GOG's catalogue, GOG does not. For example:
1) GOG counts bundles (catalogue items composed of multiple games) as separate library items, MaGog as a single item. For example, GOG counts "Ultima Underworld 1+2" as two items, MaGog as one.
2) GOG counts a game and its DLCs as a single library item, MaGog as separate items. For example, GOG counts "Sunless Sea" and its "Sunless Sea: Zubmariner" DLC as one item, MaGog as two.
Post edited June 15, 2019 by mrkgnao