It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok, I see, thanks!
mrkgnao: As for moving MaGog out of legacy mode, all I can promise is that I'll think about it. I'm not rich enough to ignore 2 cents.
My .02 is that it'd signify giving in. Not just in the sense of accepting that GOG won't turn around again, but of stating that it's fine that they won't.
Being your, er, creation, MaGog should probably cover all games you have, so in case you have any added more recently those'd be exceptions, but whether those entries would be public or just for you is another matter. As for the rest, if there is something to consider, I'd say it may be to have more recent entries show up with restricted information, focused on that useful for reasons for complaint, so regional pricing matrix (of course I'd start with that), regional blocking, OSs, version where available, languages and anything else useful for the 2nd class citizens thread. Maybe add wishlisted by too to restore that function in practice too. But that's about it. But yeah, even that'd be ... at least softening.
Cavalary: .
I don't think gog gives a crap about magog. We, the users, do
blotunga: I don't think gog gives a crap about magog. We, the users, do
mrkgnao was saying that a fair number of hits were from GOG, possibly employees just as frustrated by the lack of filters on the site, right?
But, either way, wouldn't that be rather the point, taking some pain to make a statement?
high rated
After some deliberation, I believe I shall continue with my pointless protest, so MaGog will remain in Legacy Mode.

However, I plan to slightly change how Legacy Mode operates.

Until now, MaGog had a more or less fixed date beyond which she ignored all additions to GOG. That cutoff date is currently 31/12/2017. Thus, as time progressed, the number of games not covered by MaGog has been growing larger.

Instead, from now on, I intend to have the cutoff date move forward in time at a rate of one month per month, so that the cutoff date remains all the time around 12 months in the past. I will make the shift next weekend, and thereafter manually move the cutoff date forward once per month. The cutoff date will be reflected alongside the version number on the search engine, as it is today. Thus, as time progresses, the number of games not covered by MaGog will remain more or less the same (assuming GOG's game addition rate doesn't change dramatically).
Post edited July 05, 2019 by mrkgnao
high rated
* Changed MaGog's "legacy mode" definition from a fixed cutoff date to one that moves forward in time at a rate of one month per month, remaining around 12 months in the past
--- Note: Thus, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 1 January 2018 to 1 August 2018, thereby adding 360 games and DLCs to MaGog.
--- Note: Games and DLCs that include in-game purchases are still ignored by MaGog, regardless of their GOG addition date.
--- Note: From now on, every month the cutoff date will move forward by a month (without further changing MaGog's version or reporting here).
--- Note: The current cutoff date can be seen alongside the version number at the top of the search engine page.

* Added three long-forgotten Omerta DLCs, removed in 2013
--- Note: Fun Fact: The "Con Artist" DLC (the first DLC released on GOG) had 60 reviews on GOG (virtually all one-star) and 9 reviews on Steam (mostly positive). Ah, the good old days.

* Added Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan to the list of searchable countries with regionally-blocked games

* Added Hebrew to the list of searchable languages

* Added 2018 statistics to the tables on the metrics page
Post edited July 13, 2019 by mrkgnao
high rated
* Split a region being monitored for regional pricing into two: "Most of the World (PK)" into "Most of the World (PK)" and "Macao (MO)"
--- Note: The reason for this is that, although they have the same pricing scheme, "Ash of Gods" and its DLC (as well as two post-legacy games) are blocked in Macao.
high rated
* Added filtering by and display of data obtained from PCGamingWiki (currently only Windows save and configuration file locations)

* Prevented My Fields (especially "My Notes") from accepting a backslash (\) as a valid character, to avoid it being confused as an escape character in some cases
high rated
mrkgnao: * Changed MaGog's "legacy mode" definition from a fixed cutoff date to one that moves forward in time at a rate of one month per month, remaining around 12 months in the past
--- Note: Thus, moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 1 January 2018 to 1 August 2018, thereby adding 360 games and DLCs to MaGog.
--- Note: Games and DLCs that include in-game purchases are still ignored by MaGog, regardless of their GOG addition date.
--- Note: From now on, every month the cutoff date will move forward by a month (without further changing MaGog's version or reporting here).
--- Note: The current cutoff date can be seen alongside the version number at the top of the search engine page.

[...]
Question - since this happened, will MaGog list the complete changelog for every game that is added as the cut-off date moves forward?
high rated
mrkgnao: * Changed MaGog's "legacy mode" definition from a fixed cutoff date to one that moves forward in time at a rate of one month per month, remaining around 12 months in the past

[...]
HypersomniacLive: Question - since this happened, will MaGog list the complete changelog for every game that is added as the cut-off date moves forward?
MaGog will keep a complete changelog for a game only from the moment it is added to MaGog. Anything that will be deleted by GOG after that point will be preserved by MaGog, but anything deleted before that point will, alas, be lost, as MaGog does not collect information (including changelog) about games before the cut-off date.
does it already have https, or not yet? thats primary reason why Im preferring gogdb right now (while its kinda lacking, feature-wise)
Gekko_Dekko: does it already have https, or not yet? thats primary reason why Im preferring gogdb right now (while its kinda lacking, feature-wise)
I don't really understand what purpose it would serve to have https on MaGog. Could you explain?
Gekko_Dekko: does it already have https, or not yet? thats primary reason why Im preferring gogdb right now (while its kinda lacking, feature-wise)
mrkgnao: I don't really understand what purpose it would serve to have https on MaGog. Could you explain?
Http slowly comes to denial, with browsers marking it as unsafe and planning to block non-https connections in future. Someday you will need to add it anyway, just to make your project work for other people. Plus, in general its not a good idea to enable javascript on non-secure connection (mitms, etc).
And since free certificates like lets encrypt exist, its not like it will cost you anything (aside from, maybe, time to learn how to set it up (but they have a pretty good tutorial and even some auto-setup tools, to make it easier)).
high rated
mrkgnao: I don't really understand what purpose it would serve to have https on MaGog. Could you explain?
Gekko_Dekko: Http slowly comes to denial, with browsers marking it as unsafe and planning to block non-https connections in future. Someday you will need to add it anyway, just to make your project work for other people. Plus, in general its not a good idea to enable javascript on non-secure connection (mitms, etc).
And since free certificates like lets encrypt exist, its not like it will cost you anything (aside from, maybe, time to learn how to set it up (but they have a pretty good tutorial and even some auto-setup tools, to make it easier)).
I'll look into it, but my main problem is that my virtual server is running an ancient OS version (CentOS 5.8), which I believe is incompatible with newer SSL/TLS versions, so I suspect I will need to upgrade my OS first, which last I checked required a complete format, as there was no upgrade path from CentOS 5 to 6 and upwards, and that is frankly too scary for me. Perhaps someday I'll have the the time and inclination to move to a new (and much cheaper) VPS provider and then it'll come with a newer OS and things will be simpler. Perhaps.

As I said, I'll look into it, but don't hold your breath. GOG is no longer very high on my list of interests, for many obvious reasons.
high rated
Minor update:
* Added support for two relatively new genres: Hidden Object, Programming