It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Since a few hours ago, MaGog is unable to log in to my account, which prevents her from collecting downloadable file information about games I own. I myself have no problem logging in to my account via my web browser, so it's not as if someone hijacked my account. I tried with another dummy account and got the same (I can login, MaGog cannot).

When logging in via my web browser, I noticed that there's an "I'm not a robot" captcha, which obviously MaGog cannot tick. Does anyone know if this captcha is something new that appeared today? If it is, that would explain things. I wouldn't know, since it's probably been more than a year since I last logged in to GOG (I never log out).

Could someone please get an "official" answer from GOG about any changes that they may have made to their login procedure today and about the possibility of adapting MaGog to it?

Without being able to log in to my account, MaGog is seriously crippled in her ability to detect exactly what "has just updated".

P.S. If someone who has been using gogrepo or lgogdownloader can report if they are still working, it might help.
They most definitely sneaked in the annoying "I'm not a robot" captcha even for one's first login sometime today. I will try to find out if it's deliberate and why.

Not sure I understand this part:
and about the possibility of adapting MaGog to it?
Could you elaborate on what that entails, and you'd like us to do?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: They most definitely sneaked in the annoying "I'm not a robot" captcha even for one's first login sometime today. I will try to find out if it's deliberate and why.
created a post in the what's just break thread 2.0

i hope a blue will answer..soon....
mrkgnao: ...
Just a silly idea but maybe, just maybe, this is GOG's answer to the mass downrepping by NES (you know, the scammer dude who downreps everyone who calls him a scammer). This guy uses some kind of automated script for his downvoting. When I don't post anything new (I basically stopped posting here), my rep stays the same. But as soon as I post something, my rep goes down by 4 or 5 points. NES just CAN'T scan every thread for new posts of his special friends and log in and out of 10+ different accounts to downvote everything manually. There has to be some script doing this for him.

Sure, it would be pretty unusual for GOG to react at all to something as trivial as a single guy trolling half of their community. But there are quite a few people who left because of him. And there are even more people who don't stop talking about him. Most of the recent name-calling and profanity in the forums is because of him and/or his buddies (Tauto). So... Yes, maybe this is GOG's way to react :/ Just stop his script from downvoting people and everything's okay again...
Post edited September 20, 2016 by real.geizterfahr
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I understand this part:

and about the possibility of adapting MaGog to it?
HypersomniacLive: Could you elaborate on what that entails, and you'd like us to do?
If it's intentional, would GOG be interested in creating a loophole to allow MaGog to log in without a captcha (e.g. making an exception for MaGog's IP)? Or perhaps some industrious goglodyte could find an undocumented back door that MaGog could use? Wishful thinking...
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I understand this part:

Could you elaborate on what that entails, and you'd like us to do?
mrkgnao: If it's intentional, would GOG be interested in creating a loophole to allow MaGog to log in without a captcha (e.g. making an exception for MaGog's IP)? Or perhaps some industrious goglodyte could find an undocumented back door that MaGog could use? Wishful thinking...
The guys who manage the downloader stuff are probably better placed (seeing as they already mess around with log ins etc.) but I'll have a poke about at the log in system when I have a chance and see if there is any way to bypass it...
high rated
mrkgnao: If it's intentional, would GOG be interested in creating a loophole to allow MaGog to log in without a captcha (e.g. making an exception for MaGog's IP)? Or perhaps some industrious goglodyte could find an undocumented back door that MaGog could use? Wishful thinking...
I submitted a ticket inquiring about this change, linking your initial post, and asking if they could look into a way of allowing MaGog to keep doing her thing. Will post here if/when I get a reply.
HypersomniacLive: I submitted a ticket inquiring about this change, linking your initial post, and asking if they could look into a way of allowing MaGog to keep doing her thing. Will post here if/when I get a reply.
Thank you so much.
mrkgnao: Thank you so much.
No need for thanks, I just hope that if the change is intentional, and here to stay, that we'll get a satisfactory solution.
Am I hallucinating again, or did these captchas already make an appearance here on GOG less than 1 year ago? (I also seem to remember they didn't appear every time you logged in like they do now...)

@mrkgnao: if I understand the issue correctly, I'm assuming MaGog cannot get new updates to the 'DL' set for the time being, right?
high rated
muntdefems: Am I hallucinating again, or did these captchas already make an appearance here on GOG less than 1 year ago? (I also seem to remember they didn't appear every time you logged in like they do now...)
I understand they used to appear after a few failed attempts, whereas now they appear even on the initial login.

muntdefems: @mrkgnao: if I understand the issue correctly, I'm assuming MaGog cannot get new updates to the 'DL' set for the time being, right?
Right. For the time being only AF.
muntdefems: Am I hallucinating again, or did these captchas already make an appearance here on GOG less than 1 year ago? (I also seem to remember they didn't appear every time you logged in like they do now...)

[...]
One only got the captcha if they made few failed attempts, or logged in and out a few times within the span of 60min. Now it pops up at the very first login, and I assume that it will at every subsequent login attempt.

I seriously want an official, public statement as to what purpose exactly this serves, and why it was sneakily introduced, if it is intentional.
muntdefems: @mrkgnao: if I understand the issue correctly, I'm assuming MaGog cannot get new updates to the 'DL' set for the time being, right?
mrkgnao: Right. For the time being only AF.
Just as I feared... I'll have to modify my script so it ignores the DL set until you find a solution (or GOG provides you with one). :(
mrkgnao: I understand they used to appear after a few failed attempts, whereas now they appear even on the initial login.

mrkgnao: Right. For the time being only AF.
Is there still a problem?
I'm having a poke around at the login box and just realised the Captcha isn't showing up for me in Firefox.
adaliabooks: Is there still a problem?
I'm having a poke around at the login box and just realised the Captcha isn't showing up for me in Firefox.
That's odd, it did when I logged in less than 30min ago, and here's someone that also faced it about 15min ago.
adaliabooks: Is there still a problem?
HypersomniacLive: That's odd, it did when I logged in less than 30min ago, and here's someone that also faced it about 15min ago.
Very odd. And you would think it would be more likely to show up for me in Firefox as I don't use that very often.

I'll try clearly my cookies etc. and trying again in Firefox to see if it comes up.

Edit: Yeah, clearing cookies made it show up in Firefox now too. Peculiar... but maybe there is a way around it?

Edit2: Further poking suggests that it only comes up if you haven't got a remembered previous log in (as in it shows your username and avatar but asks for your password), though I didn't think that was the case when I first checked in Chrome earlier..
Post edited September 20, 2016 by adaliabooks