It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: OK, I can do that, but it'll have to wait a couple of weeks or so, as I am travelling abroad tomorrow.
Out of curiosity, why do you need the links on the search result pages?
HypersomniacLive: Thank you! I don't need them, just something I find convenient to satisfy a spontaneous curiosity at times - checking out a specific game often leads to curiosity to see which others are on the same GOGmix. Sort of how GOGmixes work on GOG's game pages.

Have a good time on your travels, in spite it being work related!
Done.
mrkgnao: Done.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Hope you managed some good time during your trip.
high rated
mrkgnao: Done.
HypersomniacLive: Thank you, much appreciated.

Hope you managed some good time during your trip.
Had great fun. Three days in I caught a nasty case of the flu, but I couldn't very well stay in my hotel room since we already had a busy pre-planned schedule revolving around my working with people at the site, so instead I went to the office every day and probably infected a dozen or more industrious employees, who will regret ever having seen me.

The first three days weren't as good. I had jet lag and slept a total of nine hours in three days. Unfortunately, jet lag is not infectious. If you are under the weather, always try to make it something highly communicable.
Post edited December 17, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Had great fun. Three days in I caught a nasty case of the flu, but I couldn't very well stay in my hotel room since we already had a busy pre-planned schedule revolving around my working with people at the site, so instead I went to the office every day and probably infected a dozen or more industrious employees, who will regret ever having seen me.

The first three days weren't as good. I had jet lag and slept a total of nine hours in three days. Unfortunately, jet lag is not infectious. If you are under the weather, always try to make it something highly communicable.
Sounds like you had a blast, I bet you can't wait to relive the experience in the (near) future.

On a tad more serious note, sorry to hear you had such a rough time, hope you are all recovered by now.

Wishing you a nice, relaxing time over the holidays.
Looks very useful, added as my favorite topic. Thank you.
mrkgnao: I believe I am not alone in having felt that GOG’s game search options leave quite a bit to be desired. Having recently reduced my backlog to only a few hundred games, I decided I now had the time to stop sitting on my backside and do something about it (the search, not the backlog, nor the backside).
So I wrote my own search engine: MaGog.
Read its tutorial to learn how to use it and follow this thread to keep abreast of updates.
You are welcome to ask for new features. I have my own ideas, but would love to hear from you.

P.S. If you find MaGog useful, please also consider registering in The Directory of Public Wishlists thread. Read about it in post #1 of that thread.
I want to find all games with avatars (bonus/goodies). How can I do it?
high rated
mrkgnao: I believe I am not alone in having felt that GOG’s game search options leave quite a bit to be desired. Having recently reduced my backlog to only a few hundred games, I decided I now had the time to stop sitting on my backside and do something about it (the search, not the backlog, nor the backside).
So I wrote my own search engine: MaGog.
Read its tutorial to learn how to use it and follow this thread to keep abreast of updates.
You are welcome to ask for new features. I have my own ideas, but would love to hear from you.

P.S. If you find MaGog useful, please also consider registering in The Directory of Public Wishlists thread. Read about it in post #1 of that thread.
Bitbazboy: I want to find all games with avatars (bonus/goodies). How can I do it?
Filters -> Bonuses... -> is any of... -> avatar(s)

Here is a sample link that does just that:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=772&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ib&ord=&flt=ban~av~&opt=n]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=772&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ib&ord=&flt=ban~av~&opt=n[/url]
As it stands now, it seems the search is a bit weird. For instance, if I search for "ys chronicles" (Ys I & II Chronicles+ is its title I guess), it will show me no results. I'd suggest that each word gets tested against entire game names rather than merely checking for whether the game name 'includes the string' (which is 'ys chronicles' in this example). It would also help as this function lists every game with the string 'ys' in it (80 Days[/s] for instance) rather than the game I want.

Searching for whether a game begins with the string isn't really an option for me, especially with games with distinct subtitles (think of the subtitles to the Shantae games)
PookaMustard: As it stands now, it seems the search is a bit weird. For instance, if I search for "ys chronicles" (Ys I & II Chronicles+ is its title I guess), it will show me no results. I'd suggest that each word gets tested against entire game names rather than merely checking for whether the game name 'includes the string' (which is 'ys chronicles' in this example). It would also help as this function lists every game with the string 'ys' in it (80 Days[/s] for instance) rather than the game I want.

Searching for whether a game begins with the string isn't really an option for me, especially with games with distinct subtitles (think of the subtitles to the Shantae games)
It sounds like it's currently a simple substring match while what you want is a keyword substring match.

The problem with naive keyword matching is that it can reorder the keywords... so it'd probably be better to do an ordered keyword substring match.

(eg. "Like this" should match "I like this" and "Liked this thing" but not "This is likely" or "This and the like")
high rated
PookaMustard: As it stands now, it seems the search is a bit weird. For instance, if I search for "ys chronicles" (Ys I & II Chronicles+ is its title I guess), it will show me no results. I'd suggest that each word gets tested against entire game names rather than merely checking for whether the game name 'includes the string' (which is 'ys chronicles' in this example). It would also help as this function lists every game with the string 'ys' in it (80 Days for instance) rather than the game I want.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe I'm going to change that. I myself rarely search for words from the title but rather for strings. For example, if I want to look up the King's Bounty games, I don't type "King's Bounty" or "King Bounty", I type "s bo". If MaGog were to look up each substring separately, she would find tens of other games (e.g. "Chaos Reborn", "Bombshell", etc.).

What I will do is consider adding another option, in addition to "contains the string", perhaps called "contains the substrings", which treats each space-separated substring separately, as you suggest. Would you prefer "naive substring matching" or "ordered substring matching", to use ssokolow's terms?

However, note that you can get what you want with the current engine by using two filters:
1) Title... -> contains the string... -> ys
2) Title... -> contains the string... -> chronicles
or if you're editing the url yourself:
flt=tcs~ys~tcs~chronicles~

Perhaps that's good enough?
Post edited January 10, 2017 by mrkgnao
Bitbazboy: I want to find all games with avatars (bonus/goodies). How can I do it?
mrkgnao: Filters -> Bonuses... -> is any of... -> avatar(s)

Here is a sample link that does just that:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=772&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ib&ord=&flt=ban~av~&opt=n]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=772&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ib&ord=&flt=ban~av~&opt=n[/url]
Thank you.
mrkgnao: However, note that you can get what you want with the current engine by using two filters:
1) Title... -> contains the string... -> ys
2) Title... -> contains the string... -> chronicles
or if you're editing the url yourself:
flt=tcs~ys~tcs~chronicles~

Perhaps that's good enough?
Ah yes, that works beautifully. It's exactly what I thought for, checking for existence of this string AND that string. Thanks again!
amazing work, thanks!
MaGog is the best thing I've found in GOG Games. (well except for the witcher games lol!)

Thank you.
mrkgnao:
Thank you for your amazing work with MaGog. It is absolutely awesome!
Is there a way to filter games with first-time max historical discount so there is no need at all in using isthereadeal?

Right now you can filter games with a current discount is just as good as they had in the past (Past Sale - date of best sale is no earlier than (date of current sale)).

Will you consider adding best historical price filter or some easier way to filter best sale price without adding a date of current sale, please?
Post edited March 07, 2017 by Vovchigus