It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I totally agree with Nirth. First, having a better personal post history. Being able to see your own posts (instead of the thread) -- makes it much easier to jump back into a thread instead of seeing the first or last message posted. Vanilla and phpBB have this "go to first unread post" feature so users can jump back in where they left off.

Then adding a minimalist profile feature. This allows the user to link to their important topics, and other users to "search by poster" alongside "search by thread" and "search within posts within this thread".

(What are GOGbears?)
Post edited June 30, 2014 by pakopakojr
pakopakojr: (What are GOGbears?)
THE HORROR!

THE HORRORRRRRR!

Edit: see attachment

rodrolliv:
Ahah! That makes some sense too.
Attachments:
gog-bear.jpg (42 Kb)
Post edited June 30, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: THE HORRORRRRRR!
rodrolliv:
Sachys: Ahah! That makes some sense too.
Ohboy... Steam has <i>communes</i>?!
rodrolliv: I think Blackdrazon means the Community wishlist at the top right. It could use a more random classification to show the items, but then, there are way too many wishes with less than 10 votes... they should do random appeareance of wishes over 250 votes, for example.
Yes, I think that would be okay, and/or perhaps a removal of anything you've voted on (an ignore button wouldn't hurt too, but that's getting a little complicated). If GOG wants votes on the wishlist to convince publishers, it helps them to keep putting wishlist entries under our noses, not to permanently lock things in place, week after week.

Or just get rid of it, because it's not accomplishing anything.
Post edited July 08, 2014 by Blackdrazon
pakopakojr: (What are GOGbears?)
Sachys: THE HORROR!

THE HORRORRRRRR!
I see <insert GOG bears here> dead people
I think that the forum experiences could be improved by more frequent updates for Dragonsphere :)
pi4t: I think that the forum experiences could be improved by more frequent updates for Dragonsphere :)
Well well well.....it seems I have a new challenger for "Forum Smart-Ass"

Very well Sir, let the competition begin!
Well most of the changes I'd like to see have already been mentioned but I'll add them again in case numbers count.

Here goes;

1) a block/ignore user option

2) better search function

3) keeping the forums lean and mean like it is at present - so no sigs, no extraneous fluff, no garish colours! My poor old eyes just couldn't cope ;)

4) an option to disable/hide the 'hot topics' and 'my favourite topics' section on the front page.

All in all, I think the forums are fairly good as they are but they can be so much better with just a couple of oh-so-little changes :)
If I had to just request one thing, it'd be an easier access to the gog mixes that people make. Some of them end up really helpful and interesting, but I just don't know where I can find them. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

The gog community is one of the best I've encountered on the internet. Everyone seems so civil and friendly here. Thanks to all for being who you are.
How about including a link to each game's forum directly on its store page, and vice versa (or at least an explanation on why not)? This is seemingly a very basic feature to have, yet GOG will not provide it for some unknown reason.
Post edited July 05, 2014 by ThreeSon
ThreeSon: How about including a link to each game's forum directly on its store page, and vice versa (or at least an explanation on why not)? This is seemingly a very basic feature to have, yet GOG will not provide it for some unknown reason.
I second that. It's really a nice idea.
ThreeSon: How about including a link to each game's forum directly on its store page, and vice versa (or at least an explanation on why not)? This is seemingly a very basic feature to have, yet GOG will not provide it for some unknown reason.
toxicTom: I second that. It's really a nice idea.
I third it.
Ragnarblackmane: This may have been mentioned before but I haven't done a search...

The ability to post Polls would be nice. I can think of a myriad reasons to include them.
This is worthy of a poll! :P Here you go!
It would be nice if you were able to edit your posts for a few minutes without adding the ‘Post edited [date] by [user]’ label. Sometimes I like adding a few small things right after I posted something, but it just looks a bit… stupid if everyone sees that I’ve edited it. Just one or two minutes, that’s all I need.

Another suggestions would be to get rid of the popup to write your posts. This is such an usual practice and I don’t really like it. If you have multiple tabs opened, it can become rather confusing. Just keep everything on the same page. :-]
Eitot: It would be nice if you were able to edit your posts for a few minutes without adding the ‘Post edited [date] by [user]’ label. Sometimes I like adding a few small things right after I posted something, but it just looks a bit… stupid if everyone sees that I’ve edited it. Just one or two minutes, that’s all I need.

Another suggestions would be to get rid of the popup to write your posts. This is such an usual practice and I don’t really like it. If you have multiple tabs opened, it can become rather confusing. Just keep everything on the same page. :-]
Installing Barefoot Essentials 2.0 will solve both of your issues for now :)

"Author's Description

Barefoot Essentials for GOG.com is a userscript designed to significantly enhances the GOG.com website. Here are some of the features and enhancements this script provides:
Site-wide

The navigation bar at the top of the website can be made to fade or slide away while you're not using it
The drop-down menu on the navigation bar is now instant
Links are added to the drop-down menu to allow you to go directly to your shelf, game list, wishlist or gifts
Notifications for game updates, private messages and/or forum replies can be suppressed, so that you see only the notifications you're interested in seeing

Forums

By popular demand, forum topics that appear to be giveaways can be grouped and listed separately from other topics

Forum topics

"Quick post" and "quick reply" make it easier write posts
Adds support for spoiler tags
Added shortcut keys for bold, italic, underline, hyperlinks and spoilers to make it easier to format your posts
Added a post preview that updates in real-time while you type
A selection of alternate styles to make quoted text easier to read
Clicking on your own forum title now takes you to your settings page, where you can change your title and other details
Clicking on any user's avatar will allow you to see the avatar in full size
Clicking on any user's name (to the left of a forum post) will open that user's personal GOGWiki page, if it exists
Notes indicating when a post was last edited are presented in a more discrete manner

Game cards

A link to each game's GOGWiki page is added to its "gamecard" page on GOG.com

Game list and shelf

The number of games in your collection can be set to be permanently visible, instead of visible only when you have new or updated games in your collection

Integration with GOGWiki, the community-run wiki for GOG.com

On request, this userscript can examine your game collection and wishlist and send it to GOGWiki for you to share with the world (but only if you tell it to)
In the forum, you can click on any user's username to go to his/her GOGWiki page (mentioned above)
A link to each game's GOGWiki page is added to its "gamecard" page on GOG.com (mentioned above)
Can allow GOGWiki to announce your birthday (disabled by default, to respect your privacy)"