It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's celebrate GOG’s 13th anniversary with a special birthday party full of gaming deals, exciting releases, and collections of titles recommended by the members of our team!

Here are some details about the guests attending our anniversary party:

· Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (-10%) – a once-forgotten classic, now back on modern PCs, giving you a unique chance to experience the beginning of the Nosgoth saga once more!! Before playing, be sure to check out our article about the game.

· Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (-10%) and Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus (-10%) – this vintage scare combo of games from the cult horror series is coming back to give you chills of excitement.

· Over 100 cool gaming deals with discounts reaching 90%, all ready to help you get into the festive mood. Moreover, we have 13 game collections with engaging titles recommended by members of our team!

Don’t hesitate and make sure to join us in the celebration before GOG’s special Anniversary Party and all of its discounts end on 6th October 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Bankai9212: Congrats gog, despite everyones negativity I still prefer this platform over others. As far as hitman 2016 goes there isn't much they can do besides remove the game from sale. It 100% on IOI to remove online progression which they still refuse to do with even hitman 3. But I guess its easier to shift blame. All they can do is remove it all together.
Snowslinger: And that is what they should do. But that kinda takes integrity.
As much as IOI to actually remove something that people complained about for years and still hasn't. Hitman 3 is still praised with the same issues people since 2016. Removing it doesn't really change that problem. Honestly for IOI I'm done with them more than anything.
Happy anniversary!
Let's hope next year won't have all the issues we had recently. :)
I have to admit, I have the same suspicion as Leroux. :P

I might get LOK Blood Omen later today.
Not a big criticism, but...

... kinda deflating when you have the pages of individual recommendations...

... and most of those recommendations are not on sale.

When I saw a recommendation at $49.99, I just clicked "off."

Makes me wonder if these recommendations were meant for a much larger sale?
high rated
Bankai9212: As far as hitman 2016 goes there isn't much they can do besides remove the game from sale. It 100% on IOI to remove online progression which they still refuse to do with even hitman 3. But I guess its easier to shift blame. All they can do is remove it all together.
(emphasis mine)

This is GOG's store. They didn't have to accept that game, did they? It isn't as though IOI secretly hacked in to sell the game against GOG's will or something. How is GOG not to blame for accepting games with online connection requirements on what I thought is supposed to be a DRM-free store?

When they previously ran the FCKDRM.com campaign, it had a nice graphic comparing and contrasting DRM-free to DRM requirements. They wrote something to the effect of "did you know there's a killswitch in your games?" and that online checks can and do fail for various reasons. That stuff doesn't belong here.

This isn't to absolve IOI nor is it even to absolve fans of the series who "just had to have" this new Hitman trilogy despite its gross design. But we're on GOG.com, not having this discussion on "IOI.com". How can anyone trust future releases or, hell, even existing releases getting updates, if some form of online connection requirements are allowed?
low rated
Bankai9212: As far as hitman 2016 goes there isn't much they can do besides remove the game from sale. It 100% on IOI to remove online progression which they still refuse to do with even hitman 3. But I guess its easier to shift blame. All they can do is remove it all together.
rjbuffchix: (emphasis mine)

This is GOG's store. They didn't have to accept that game, did they? It isn't as though IOI secretly hacked in to sell the game against GOG's will or something. How is GOG not to blame for accepting games with online connection requirements on what I thought is supposed to be a DRM-free store?

When they previously ran the FCKDRM.com campaign, it had a nice graphic comparing and contrasting DRM-free to DRM requirements. They wrote something to the effect of "did you know there's a killswitch in your games?" and that online checks can and do fail for various reasons. That stuff doesn't belong here.

This isn't to absolve IOI nor is it even to absolve fans of the series who "just had to have" this new Hitman trilogy despite its gross design. But we're on GOG.com, not having this discussion on "IOI.com". How can anyone trust future releases or, hell, even existing releases getting updates, if some form of online connection requirements are allowed?
Never stated gog isn't to blame when it came to releasing it, I stated they either need to remove or never bother putting it on sale. I'm just stating IOI is to blame for how progression works in 2016 which they are never going to change. There is no third party DRM for 2016 but progression was always locked behind IOI servers. By all means remove the game from GOG but that won't address the issue the trilogy still has.
high rated
rjbuffchix: This is GOG's store. They didn't have to accept that game, did they? It isn't as though IOI secretly hacked in to sell the game against GOG's will or something. How is GOG not to blame for accepting games with online connection requirements on what I thought is supposed to be a DRM-free store?
I have seen multiple people trying this absurd defense of GOG where they shift the blame to IOI. I guess some people are just such GOG fanboys they'll say or even think anything as long as it absolves GOG of blame. Even when it doesn't make a shred of sense. IOI did nothing wrong. They obviously complied with whatever requirements GOG presented to them. That GOG's requirements are no longer what we want them to be, what they were supposed to be, is entirely on GOG. Blaming IOI is like blaming the meat deliverer for the fact that your favorite vegan restaurant ordered meat from him.
low rated
Thank you for all the happy anniversary wishes :)

As for the other discussion, please move the conversation about Hitman to the appropriate thread, or to private messages.
Finally gog gets some old releases that have been on Zoom and Steam for ages. Now if they'd just stop rejecting other classics:

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/59404/
low rated
rjbuffchix: This is GOG's store. They didn't have to accept that game, did they? It isn't as though IOI secretly hacked in to sell the game against GOG's will or something. How is GOG not to blame for accepting games with online connection requirements on what I thought is supposed to be a DRM-free store?
Breja: I have seen multiple people trying this absurd defense of GOG where they shift the blame to IOI. I guess some people are just such GOG fanboys they'll say or even think anything as long as it absolves GOG of blame. Even when it doesn't make a shred of sense. IOI did nothing wrong. They obviously complied with whatever requirements GOG presented to them. That GOG's requirements are no longer what we want them to be, what they were supposed to be, is entirely on GOG. Blaming IOI is like blaming the meat deliverer for the fact that your favorite vegan restaurant ordered meat from him.
I'm curious and answer honestly, if GOG refused to release 2016 because IOI simply wasn't going to remove the online requirment for progression(because they weren't) made a post about it would anyone care? W ould the backlash if any be enough to finally get them to do anything. Answer no, IOI doesn't care and aren't going to. GOG still shouldn't have sold itI never stated I was defending that choice.
high rated
Well congratulations Gog, it seems that you learned to keep a few aces in the pocket to release every time you're planning to alienate your own userbase some more.

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to give you my money for this game. I am interested in supporting DRM-free stores, you know.

Bankai9212: As far as hitman 2016 goes there isn't much they can do besides remove the game from sale... All they can do is remove it all together.
I agree 100%, so why don't they just do that?

Bankai9212: It 100% on IOI to remove online progression which they still refuse to do with even hitman 3. But I guess its easier to shift blame.
Nobody expects Gog to do IOI's work for them.
We just expect Gog will do their own job of enforcing their own guidelines, i.e. pulling the game from sale and telling IOI it will be welcomed with open arms as soon as all the DRM has been purged.
Happy Anniversary!
low rated
Nothing to celebrate this year, sorry. Well, not really sorry actually.
Happy Birthday GOG!!!! Please keep this way, the old and reliable GOG we thrust and love, making compatible old games, DRM Free, and offline installers! Please, fix things like Hitman GOTY horrendous state release, the cosmetic bonuses of Cyberpunk 2077 (it's your own game and you add it a verification DRM) and stop ignoring the recomendations of the community, here are people that really loves you and just want the best for you!!!! <3
Lucian_Galca: Finally gog gets some old releases that have been on Zoom and Steam for ages. Now if they'd just stop rejecting other classics:

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/59404/
I agree. Granted they don't have many votes but still.
low rated
GOG.com: Let's celebrate GOG’s 13th anniversary with a special birthday party full of gaming deals, exciting releases, and collections of titles recommended by the members of our team!

Here are some details about the guests attending our anniversary party:

· Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (-10%) – a once-forgotten classic, now back on modern PCs, giving you a unique chance to experience the beginning of the Nosgoth saga once more!! Before playing, be sure to check out our article about the game.

· Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (-10%) and Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus (-10%) – this vintage scare combo of games from the cult horror series is coming back to give you chills of excitement.

· Over 100 cool gaming deals with discounts reaching 90%, all ready to help you get into the festive mood. Moreover, we have 13 game collections with engaging titles recommended by members of our team!

Don’t hesitate and make sure to join us in the celebration before GOG’s special Anniversary Party and all of its discounts end on 6th October 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Happy DRM anniversary!