It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Thank you for reporting this issue, I will take a look on it at Monday.
Not sure why my posts were deleted, but okay.

I've installed the .NET 4.0 and it didn't help resolve the issue.
Hi,

I am facing another small problem with the Downloader. I am not able to download the Redkit pack from the bonus materials of The Witcher 2. Every time I try to download the file with the Downloader it runs normal until it has downloaded 2.12 GB, then it automagically pauses and runs into a pause/download loop whith nothing actually being downloaded anymore. After I changed the allowed connections to 1 as it was suggested in another thread, the download continues, but runs indefintely (so that it downloads more than the file size is... see attached picture). Otherwise I do not have any problems with downloads, but this is probably an unsually large file?!?

In the log file I get a lot of messages like this, but there is definitely enough space on the target drive and no other process is accessing the file.

2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Resume
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Downloaded 8614007961, Size 6474912921
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Expected size: 10485760, StartingByte: -2145386496, EndingByte: -2134900737, NewStartingByte: -2145386496 for chunk the_witcher_2_redkit.zip.0
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: RangeString: bytes=-2145386496--2134900737 for chunk the_witcher_2_redkit.zip.0
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Operation count: 1
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: File write failed!
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Interrupted
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Cache reset
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: === Used: 1119 bytes of bandwidth in last measurement period ===
2013-06-22 18:29:28 +0200: Terminating

Forgot to mention: I am using the latest version on OSX 10.6.8

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Attachments:
Post edited June 23, 2013 by stefanm
stefanm: Forgot to mention: I am using the latest version on OSX 10.6.8

This does look like a FAT32 limit (2GB as I recall), but not sure if Mac uses it by default. You should also encounter the same if you try to download any mac installer that is larger than 2GB. Are you by any chance trying to download to an external drive?

P.S. Not much experience with Macs, so I may be totally off the target.
stefanm: I am not able to download the Redkit pack from the bonus materials of The Witcher 2. Every time I try to download the file with the Downloader it runs normal until it has downloaded 2.12 GB, then it automagically pauses and runs into a pause/download loop whith nothing actually being downloaded anymore.
I PM Fallen_Zen with the same problem and send to him my log files as he asked me. I think we'll have a solution to that pretty soon. For what i've seen in the log it has some problem in writing the file into disk at that point (2.12GB).

stefanm: After I changed the allowed connections to 1 as it was suggested in another thread, the download continues, but runs indefintely (so that it downloads more than the file size is... see attached picture).
I didn't knew that so i'll try right now. BTW there's another suggestion in some thread to delete any partial download file before starting the re-download. Have you made that ?. Don't know but maybe with the two suggestions it could finally works! :-?

stefanm: Otherwise I do not have any problems with downloads, but this is probably an unsually large file?!?
That's the same thing i've said to Fallen_Zen. Anyway i don't think it's because large files, because i've downloaded also "The Watcher 2" for Mac in the same download session and i had no problem with it, being a 21GB large file.

So, let's wait and see what Fallen_Zen has to say about!
Kind Regards ... Josep.
Post edited June 23, 2013 by pathfinder
stefanm: Forgot to mention: I am using the latest version on OSX 10.6.8

JMich: This does look like a FAT32 limit (2GB as I recall), but not sure if Mac uses it by default. You should also encounter the same if you try to download any mac installer that is larger than 2GB. Are you by any chance trying to download to an external drive?

P.S. Not much experience with Macs, so I may be totally off the target.
Hi,
it is indeed an external drive, but is has HFS format and I downloaded e.g. the Installer file for The Witcher 2 which is 21 GB large without problems. So either the redkit file on the gog server is damaged somehow or it is because it is bonus content?!?
Thanks for your help anyway
stefanm: I am not able to download the Redkit pack from the bonus materials of The Witcher 2. Every time I try to download the file with the Downloader it runs normal until it has downloaded 2.12 GB, then it automagically pauses and runs into a pause/download loop whith nothing actually being downloaded anymore.
pathfinder: I PM Fallen_Zen with the same problem and send to him my log files as he asked me. I think we'll have a solution to that pretty soon. For what i've seen in the log it has some problem in writing the file into disk at that point (2.12GB).

stefanm: After I changed the allowed connections to 1 as it was suggested in another thread, the download continues, but runs indefintely (so that it downloads more than the file size is... see attached picture).
pathfinder: I didn't knew that so i'll try right now. BTW there's another suggestion in some thread to delete any partial download file before starting the re-download. Have you made that ?. Don't know but maybe with the two suggestions it could finally works! :-?

stefanm: Otherwise I do not have any problems with downloads, but this is probably an unsually large file?!?
pathfinder: That's the same thing i've said to Fallen_Zen. Anyway i don't think it's because large files, because i've downloaded also "The Watcher 2" for Mac in the same download session and i had no problem with it, being a 21GB large file.

So, let's wait and see what Fallen_Zen has to say about!
Kind Regards ... Josep.
Hi Josep,
thanks a lot for your hints. Seems, I missed your posts. I did indeed delete the partial file and restart, but the result was the same.

Stefan
Post edited June 23, 2013 by stefanm
JMich: This does look like a FAT32 limit (2GB as I recall), but not sure if Mac uses it by default. You should also encounter the same if you try to download any mac installer that is larger than 2GB. Are you by any chance trying to download to an external drive?
In my case it is the Mac HD (i.e. the HD inside the Mac), and as Stefanm, i had no problem with 21GB "The Witcher 2" install file for mac. BTW, one thing i forget to say is that i've tried both with MacOSX 10.8.2 and 10.6.8 with the same result.

Thanks for your help also!
I'm gonna try the two suggestions together right now, as i've said, and i'll tell you the results in a minute
I searched a bit (because i don't have a Mac)

HFS = file size limit 2 GB
REDkit = 6 GB

but i don't get il how the mac installer for the witcher 2 could be stored since it's way above this limitation , unless the drive is formatted with the HFS+ filesystem -> in this case the problem is elsewhere.
Post edited June 23, 2013 by DyNaer
stefanm: I did indeed delete the partial file and restart, but the result was the same.
EDIT: I've tried all suggested options here and in the forum and other threads with regard to Mac version of GOG downloader to download this file (the_witcher_2_redkit.zip) without success! (see what kind of problems we have in previous posts by Stefanm and myself above). So i decided to give it a last try. If that doesn't succeed then i don't know what to do more (Fallen_Zen ?, Any other ?).

THE LAST TRY!: Trying to download from a virtual machine with Windows 7 right now (BTW, windows GOG downloader reports size of the file = 6.03GB! :-?) ... i'll tell you the results in an hour or so! ... Cross fingers again! ;-)

Report #1: Good news by now! :-)
Downloader passed the 2.12GB border without any problem (2.77GB at the time of writing this - Number of concurrent connections = 6) ... still crossing fingers! ;-)

Report #2: Downloaded complete SUCCESFULLY!
Here's the relevant data ….

Name of the file: the_witcher_2_redkit.zip
Filze size reported by GOG downloader windows v3.5.7.0 (stable): 6.03GB
File size reported by windows 7 once downloaded: 6.323.158KB
File size reported by macosx 10.6.8 once copied from VM to Mac HD: 6.47GB (the same that GOGD gave)
Size once unarchived in macosx 10.6.8: 6.47GB (reported by Finder as well as Path Finder)

Contents of the archive:
TW2EE_REDkit-1a.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1b.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1c.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1d.bin
TW2EE_REDkit.exe

I.e.: a windows app! :-( ... But anyway my download is now complete and that's what really matters in fact ;-).

CONCLUSION: if file is ok in the server this means that there's something wrong with Mac version of the downloader that conflicts ONLY with this file. Job for developers then, now that you have the info...

Kind Regards to you all! ... Josep
stefanm: Hi,

I am facing another small problem with the Downloader. I am not able to download the Redkit pack from the bonus materials of The Witcher 2. Every time I try to download the file with the Downloader it runs normal until it has downloaded 2.12 GB, then it automagically pauses and runs into a pause/download loop whith nothing actually being downloaded anymore. After I changed the allowed connections to 1 as it was suggested in another thread, the download continues, but runs indefintely (so that it downloads more than the file size is... see attached picture). Otherwise I do not have any problems with downloads, but this is probably an unsually large file?!?

In the log file I get a lot of messages like this, but there is definitely enough space on the target drive and no other process is accessing the file.

2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Resume
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Downloaded 8614007961, Size 6474912921
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Expected size: 10485760, StartingByte: -2145386496, EndingByte: -2134900737, NewStartingByte: -2145386496 for chunk the_witcher_2_redkit.zip.0
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: RangeString: bytes=-2145386496--2134900737 for chunk the_witcher_2_redkit.zip.0
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Operation count: 1
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: File write failed!
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Interrupted
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: Cache reset
2013-06-22 18:29:26 +0200: === Used: 1119 bytes of bandwidth in last measurement period ===
2013-06-22 18:29:28 +0200: Terminating

Forgot to mention: I am using the latest version on OSX 10.6.8

I'm currently investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
pathfinder: Report #2: Downloaded complete SUCCESFULLY!
Here's the relevant data ….

Name of the file: the_witcher_2_redkit.zip
Filze size reported by GOG downloader windows v3.5.7.0 (stable): 6.03GB
File size reported by windows 7 once downloaded: 6.323.158KB
File size reported by macosx 10.6.8 once copied from VM to Mac HD: 6.47GB (the same that GOGD gave)
Size once unarchived in macosx 10.6.8: 6.47GB (reported by Finder as well as Path Finder)

Contents of the archive:
TW2EE_REDkit-1a.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1b.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1c.bin
TW2EE_REDkit-1d.bin
TW2EE_REDkit.exe

I.e.: a windows app! :-( ... But anyway my download is now complete and that's what really matters in fact ;-).

CONCLUSION: if file is ok in the server this means that there's something wrong with Mac version of the downloader that conflicts ONLY with this file. Job for developers then, now that you have the info...

Kind Regards to you all! ... Josep
As stated above, I'm working on finding the cause of the problem. Will get back to you guys tomorrow, hopefully with a fix. Sorry about that :)
Post edited June 23, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
pathfinder: bump*
stefanm: bump*
Guys problem solved, the bug was found and fixed. Nevertheless it requires me to release an update. It should be out tomorrow or wednesday, I can provide with a test release for you guys probably today. How about that?
Post edited June 24, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: I can provide with a test release for you guys probably today. How about that?
Do you mean for us to try before the update release ?.
If it's so, for me there's no problem at all and on the other hand it would be great for me to be of help to you and this site :-).

Kind Regards ... Josep.
pathfinder: Do you mean for us to try before the update release ?
Yes :)
Currently I'm testing it, if it proves to be working as expected, I will release it for testing to the public.
Fallen_Zen: Currently I'm testing it, if it proves to be working as expected, I will release it for testing to the public.
Sorry for answer so late but i had to go out.
Ok then, i will be refreshing this page from time to time now to see if it is released and give it a test.
Fallen_Zen: Currently I'm testing it, if it proves to be working as expected, I will release it for testing to the public.
pathfinder: Sorry for answer so late but i had to go out.
Ok then, i will be refreshing this page from time to time now to see if it is released and give it a test.
No need to refresh, I'll send you a PM ;)