It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Chandoraa: Whoa, GOG sells movies? Like, for seriously? :-P
Well, it offers movies for sale, at least.
Ugh...every time this topic comes up, I think "New games!"
Then I am disappointed.
babark: Ugh...every time this topic comes up, I think "New games!"
Then I am disappointed.
Me too
Then I am disappointed.
that used to happen with me but now I'm more inclined to think it's just someone posting and the hopes don't get up anymore - that way if whenever it does happen again I can be pleasantly surprised
If there's no sale, no reason to expect GOG connect imo. It's extremely rare to see it outside of sales. Good way to temper your excitement ;)
I'm guessing we might have it during the next sale (April probably) - if not then Summer sale (June most likely). It's been more than 4 months since last GOG Connect and i'm wondering why are they prolonging it so much? Maybe they got less new users than they hoped for or less games sold during the sales and GOG Connect promo. Who knows how many aspects are influencing their decision...
PainOfSalvation: It's been more than 4 months since last GOG Connect and i'm wondering why are they prolonging it so much?
That's obvious. Once you've connected your accounts and you haven't changed your privacy settings on Steam, they can still track your purchases there, so I suppose they just have what they want (:

For the long run there is no reason to make GOG Connect something regular and predictable, because in such case it would encourage people to buy on Steam and wait for free copies here, on GOG, which is not exactly what they're trying to achieve ;)
Then I am disappointed.
Yep, the same here.
And I have some series bought partially on Steam (on Humble, to be specific) and it would be nice to buy the remaining titles here, without rebuying first ones...
Post edited April 16, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
PainOfSalvation: It's been more than 4 months since last GOG Connect and i'm wondering why are they prolonging it so much?
ciemnogrodzianin: That's obvious. Once you've connected your accounts and you haven't changed your privacy settings on Steam, they can still track your purchases there, so I suppose they just have what they want (:

For the long run there is no reason to make GOG Connect something regular and predictable, because in such case it would encourage people to buy on Steam and wait for free copies here, on GOG, which is not exactly what they're trying to achieve ;)
I purchased 2 games here today even though i own them on Steam already, did it before and i will continue to do so (GOG is my #1 place for games) - i don't entirely put my faith in GOG Connect even though i appreciate its existence.

On the other hand, when you talk about getting games on Steam.. One day a Humble Bundle appears with 2 games from my GOG wishlist - Valhalla Hills and Legends of Eisenwald. Their total value is $50 on both GOG & Steam but Humble gives you the option to buy them for $0.01 (DRM-Free) or $1 Steam keys, which is insane value. For someone who doesn't have a regular job (money income) for 2 years now due to my health condition (arthritis) - that's an offer i won't refuse. Will i get them on GOG - very likely but not in the near future.

I often wondered why GOG and Humble Bundle don't cooperate, i tried to reach out to them few times but all i got was silence from both sides. Wouldn't be great to increase your customer base through that and at the same time help promote charity? It's a shame i forgot to ask that GOG BizDev Department while i had the chance.

Few years ago i spoke with one of the main people from Groupees. When i asked him why isn't there more GOG games in their bundles he told me that GOG has no problem with that as long as their keys are the only ones in the bundles. Now, if Origin can do that with Humble Bundle and Ubisoft with Uplay keys, why can't GOG? Maybe someone in GOG team is not doing their job smart enough. :p

Regarding GOG Connect not working out in the long run - i don't see why not. It's not something you can do whenever you like - you are time/date limited (usually 5-6 days and in most cases people have troubles connecting accounts). Also i believe there's a really small percentage of people who are using that opportunity. If you own big collection on GOG (there are bunch of gamers here including me) - there's a high chance you already own most of the games which end up on GOG Connect. All in all i think it's a positive thing for everyone and that GOG will stick with it for a long time.
Post edited April 16, 2017 by PainOfSalvation
tfishell: _
/ /\
/ / /
/ / / _
/_/ / / /\
\ \ \ / / \
\ \ \/ / /\ \
_ \ \ \/ /\ \ \
/_/\ \_\ / \ \ \
\ \ \ / / \ \_\/
\ \ \/ / /\ \
\ \ \/ /\ \ \
\ \ / \ \ \
\_\/ / / /
/ / /
/_/ /
\_\/
HunchBluntley: What is that supposed to be?
A fat man standing with his back to a wall seen in silhouette?
Tarm: A fat man standing with his back to a wall seen in silhouette?
Maybe a Big Tit?
Maybe it should always be possible to get Witcher 1&2 via connect?
After all Gog is part of CDPR
DeOlaaf: Maybe it should always be possible to get Witcher 1&2 via connect?
This already is the case (although it is not called connect here):
https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
Post edited April 29, 2017 by MarkoH01
DeOlaaf: Maybe it should always be possible to get Witcher 1&2 via connect?
MarkoH01: This already is the case (although it is not called connect here):
https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
Ah Thank you!! :)
"UNAVAILABLE GAMES : Renowned Explorers: International Society - Not found in your Steam Library"

Then look harder coz it IS in my Steam Library. Pls fix this!

Edit: An hour later it worked.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by FiX-Hun
Tarm: A fat man standing with his back to a wall seen in silhouette?
Huh? I see strokes and NO feet.