It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mass-produced fun.

UPDATE: If you want to enjoy Factorio's strangely atmospheric tunes even when you're not staring at your mechanical farm, go ahead and grab the <span class="bold">soundtrack</span> separately, available both in MP3 and FLAC formats.

<span class="bold">Factorio</span>, a labyrinth of interconnected conveyor belts and machinery of your own design, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What is it that separates humans from wild beasts and secures us the top spot on the pyramid? Isn't it our capacity for technological advancement, the ingenuity to build more and more complex machines and automate progress?
That's exactly what you'll need to do once you find yourself stranded on a hostile alien planet: start small, gather your first materials by hand, then build machines to help you mass-produce what you need, including more machines. But what you desperately need is guns, turrets, walls - something to protect yourself and your sprawling production lines from the local wildlife who doesn't agree with your presence here.
Before the game is fully released, Wube Software LTD., the team behind Factorio, are also planning on cleaning up the GUI and implementing a multiplayer matching server, which will enhance the fun and chaotic situations you can create with your friends even further.

Build a massive microcosm of fine-tuned production lines and keep the beasts away from your <span class="bold">Factorio</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Jesus that's expensive.
It's a decent enough game, I didn't really like it that much when I tried years ago though.
CelineSSauve: Wishlisted. Only because I'm unemployed currently.

When I find a job, my Factorio opens to celebrate!
I feel your struggle, I too was looking for work for a while and good god ontario has shit -_-

I hope you find something soon and please don't go fast food you will lose your shit so fast haha
Smannesman: Jesus that's expensive.
It's a decent enough game, I didn't really like it that much when I tried years ago though.
yes its too expensive

i visited the steam page :

What the developers have to say:
Why Early Access?
“We have been working on Factorio for over 4 years. The game is very stable and is highly optimised for prolonged gameplay and creating huge factories. We have sold over 110,000 copies on our website, and we feel now is the right time to release to a wider audience
over 110K of copies alread sold they say, , if that price is 20 bucks aswell : thats > 2.2 million dollars/euros whatever
thats ridiculous :D

and still in dev.? 4 years? if it were 14.99 i would have taken a shot at it, but 20 bucks for a ??? game that might not be finished? 2d game? why always that zooming ? i dont like zooming (game/motionsickness)

edit: demo exists :D thats a good thing i downloaded all the files :D
i will give it a thorough check .... :D
Post edited June 16, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Matruchus: Been waiting for this but will wait till the end of sale and see what else arrives at gog.

The sale and releases are overkill at the moment :)
New GalCiv III DLC just arrived :P
I'm one of the original Indiegogo backers, I hope they give us keys.
Matruchus: Been waiting for this but will wait till the end of sale and see what else arrives at gog.

The sale and releases are overkill at the moment :)
JudasIscariot: Planetary Annihilation Titans just arrived :P
Fixed it for you :D
Post edited June 16, 2016 by Matruchus
Best game ever, some say (ITT)?

My inner skeptic says, probably not..

BUT, the cute trailer does make it look interesting.

Wishlisted, awaiting final release, then we'll check it out more closely..
Martek: Best game ever, some say (ITT)?

You can try the demo: http://www.factorio.com/ :)
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Woolytoes
SirPrimalform: I'm one of the original Indiegogo backers, I hope they give us keys.
For folk who bought direct they did give steam keys so there's no reason they won't do the same for gog.

If they added it to the gogconnect list that would make life easier for them and us with the exception of the folks who are overly inflexible about having anything to do with steam.
SirPrimalform: I'm one of the original Indiegogo backers, I hope they give us keys.
Moneydie: For folk who bought direct they did give steam keys so there's no reason they won't do the same for gog.

If they added it to the gogconnect list that would make life easier for them and us with the exception of the folks who are overly inflexible about having anything to do with steam.
Uh no. I have contacted the devs regarding this exact question and they said "At this time we don't have this functionality planned, as we do not forsee any huge demand for this, However if we get many requests for this feature,we may look into it."

Pity though...
Martek: Best game ever, some say (ITT)?

Woolytoes: You can try the demo: http://www.factorio.com/ :)
Thanks for the pointer. I had already noted there was a demo.

So.. when the game is finished, if there's still a demo then, I'll give it a whirl then..
It strikes me as curious that the game goes for an even $20, as no other game does that here. Usually it's .99 or what have you.
mistermumbles: It strikes me as curious that the game goes for an even $20, as no other game does that here. Usually it's .99 or what have you.
maybe because it already sold so well, imagine selling 1 million copies, and loosing that 1 cent :D

i googled on 1000000 cents

1 000 000 Eurocents = 11 248.5 U.S. dollars

Thats > 11K (11 thousand dollars) missing out on that amount of cash would make anyone feel sad...

Woolytoes: You can try the demo: http://www.factorio.com/ :)
Martek: Thanks for the pointer. I had already noted there was a demo.

So.. when the game is finished, if there's still a demo then, I'll give it a whirl then..
Demo is out but i guess its only crafting part, i like the crafting part so far... but when i look for videos , most of them show the building of structures, i wanted to have demo that shows that part cause it looks like that will be the main part of the game.

The demo behavious very good, it's easy on my cpu and gpu, other games like this would barbeQ my poor pc :D
I hope the full version or any version including the machines that i see in the videos will also treat my pc with 'dignity' and wont be ehating up my gpu and cpu.

4 years in development ( read it somewhere) i know they want to make the perfect game, but perfect games dont exist, so i guess they might consider to deliver a stable game and add any major things lateron, you cant keep people 'on hold' for another 4 years.
So if we fork out 20 bucks of our hardearned cash, what game will we get? a larger version of the demo ? or maybe the demo version which allows patching of the game by the devs?

If this were a 5 or 9 bucks game i might be willing to give it a try and jump in the deep, at 20 bucks i guess i will wait a while longer.

Oh, almost forgot: i seem to be one of the few users still using crt monitor (limited to 1280x720 at 75 hz at max)
so my question is: what if i buy the game, and the devs decide to go hd.... then i would basically be f......d
c ause i would never be able to plat the game i paid for.... how will they assure me and maybe others that i wont be left out in the cold ?
Post edited June 17, 2016 by gamesfreak64
CelineSSauve: Wishlisted. Only because I'm unemployed currently.

When I find a job, my Factorio opens to celebrate!
UnrealQuakie: I feel your struggle, I too was looking for work for a while and good god ontario has shit -_-

I hope you find something soon and please don't go fast food you will lose your shit so fast haha
I actually got a reply from a call center that _doesn't_ do the traditional corporate/capitalist calls.

I am hopeful of getting my Factorio up before the end of summer. ;)

Best of luck on your search. Ontario does indeed have slim pickings, and I'm in Northern Ontario to boot.
Could we get an official answer for what's up with this?

https://www.gog.com/forum/factorio/buyer_beware_prompts_for_username_and_password_to_update

"Bought, and installed this with Galaxy, which remarks that "updates are not handled through Galaxy." Hmm, first time I've seen that.

Launch the game and it prompts me for a username and password in order to receive updates. There is no register button or any username/password provided by GOG. The game runs fine, however."