It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: snip
IAmSinistar: My IT feeling is that there are some infrastructure changes happening apart from just the unbundling, and that is causing some of the lag and the weird account behaviour. Multiple times today I've gotten the "default" forum view that one sees when logged out, even while logged in. Your own experiences could be coming out of that too.

Unfortunate, but the nature of the beast when working on a live system.
The "GOG has returned?" thread would seem to back this up-seems like they've got some sort of thing planned for tomorrow.
HypersomniacLive: I posted about his in the feedback thread as well.

All site pages load considerably slower. Careful observation shows that it's the "account" portion in the top nav bar that takes longer to fully load; I assume it's due to the unbundling of games that makes the account "heavier". To me that's another negative side-effect of GOG's decision, a side-effect they either didn't think through or don't particularly care about in hope that everyone will jump on the otional client.

Also, since at least yesterday, I have to log out twice before I'm actually logged off - not sure if that's related to the unbundling, but it started very recently.
Seems to be a lot of churn going on not limited to game packaging/bundling issues. The entire website really needs to be updated with "live beta" in the title it would seem lately. I'm glad to see progress being made, but would prefer to see it without complete loss of quality control. Seems to get worse each day, making it more and more difficult to see it as temporary growing pains.

What bothers me though is not changes of which I'm mostly in favour of, and not necessarily the breakage so much, but the unintentional self-sabotage that occurs as a result of it being so customer visible and on the rise. For those of you familiar with tracking the development of a Linux distribution, the GOG website feels like Fedora Rawhide at the moment while what would make more sense would be for it to feel like Red Hat Enterprise Linux. :)
mrkgnao: Same occurrences here. Same feeling too. There's more afoot.

My guess: They have to get all the servers off the floor in order to roll out the red carpet for the arrival of THE ROYAL edition next week.
Maybe they are beefing things up across the board. T'would be a lovely thing to do.

And in that spirit, just caught this little glitch on the forum page. Double Insomnia indeed.
Attachments:
high rated
IAmSinistar: My IT feeling is that there are some infrastructure changes happening apart from just the unbundling, and that is causing some of the lag and the weird account behaviour. Multiple times today I've gotten the "default" forum view that one sees when logged out, even while logged in. Your own experiences could be coming out of that too.

Unfortunate, but the nature of the beast when working on a live system.
I'd like to understand why GOG thinks it's a good idea to do so in chunks, when every past experience shows that a lot of things break in the process, being locked out of one's account being the top "NO NO" in my book. JMO of course.

mrkgnao's and AllisonUnderland's comments make me even more uneasy.
HypersomniacLive: I'd like to understand why GOG thinks it's a good idea to do so in chunks, when every past experience shows that a lot of things break in the process, being locked out of one's account being the top "NO NO" in my book. JMO of course.
That I can only guess at. But I'm assuming it's to prevent everything needing to be down at once. So they switch it in phases to minimise the impact on the site as a whole, with different parts taking the brunt in turns. Never quite works that cleanly, but it's a easy sell to the executives over "the whole thing will be down for an unknown period of time". Again, just guessing, as I have no inside track on that.

HypersomniacLive: mrkgnao's and AllisonUnderland's comments make me even more uneasy.
I...can't say anything about that. Sorry. ~x~
Anyone have ideas on tomorrow? Just let it be related to games, GOG! Sigh...
Well Worlds of Magic might release tomorrow.

That leaves 3 more games, obviously that means Bioshock Trilogy :D
opticq: Well Worlds of Magic might release tomorrow.

Yeah, Worlds of Magic does leave early access on Steam tomorrow and is being officialy released so yeah my bet is that its going to be released on gog tomorrow. Also the devs have more or less flatpriced the game on steam which is really curios. Will see what happens on gog.
Post edited March 18, 2015 by Matruchus
Release stream on Friday too, it looks like, Might be five things dropping tomorrow.

Haven't been following today's discussions much. Why do you assume four releases tomorrow?

mrkgnao: Haven't been following today's discussions much. Why do you assume four releases tomorrow?
If you look at the twitch stream schedule it has four release streams for thursday so there could be four games released tomorrow. +1 release stream on friday.
Post edited March 18, 2015 by Matruchus

mrkgnao: Haven't been following today's discussions much. Why do you assume four releases tomorrow?
4 release streams tomorrow
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_up_on_twitchtvgogcom_e3167
high rated
IAmSinistar: That I can only guess at. But I'm assuming it's to prevent everything needing to be down at once. So they switch it in phases to minimise the impact on the site as a whole, with different parts taking the brunt in turns. Never quite works that cleanly, but it's a easy sell to the executives over "the whole thing will be down for an unknown period of time". Again, just guessing, as I have no inside track on that.

[...]
I can understand that as the general idea, but this is GOG we're talking about, and everything was down earlier today, apparently unintentional. A planned down time with forewarning would be received better by users, imho.

IAmSinistar: [...

I...can't say anything about that. Sorry. ~x~
Now I'm certain that you do know something about tomorrow, which means it's game related.

budejovice: Anyone have ideas on tomorrow? Just let it be related to games, GOG! Sigh...
See above.
HypersomniacLive: Now I'm certain that you do know something about tomorrow, which means it's game related.
( ´º ɜ ´º) . ♫ . ♪
Post edited March 18, 2015 by IAmSinistar
My library got hit by the Unbundling now. My total jumped from 171 to 198. Now the Ultima series takes almost three shelves. And for some reason Master of Orion is now the first item (ordered by purchase date) - which it shouldn't be.