It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Grargar: Oh well. Seems like they made a mistake. ^^
A mistake? GOG? That's a first.
Hey, this isn't stickied anymore. Which is a shame, given all of the lingering issues caused the unbundling.
Thiev: [..]
phaolo: Hey, what's the progress of the unbundling? (+ name fixing)
The progress of unbundling is 100% AFAICT. As for name fixing, I believe there is contention about whether or not it is broken. I think the problem is that the developers name their product however they want because it is their product to name, and they may not name it in a consistent manner or in a way that works well for sorting or that is pleasant to the eye. Any sorting method that relies on the names of titles following a certain format is sure to fail, and I think the only solution that can really be foolproof in the eye of the beholder is well.. er... um... manual sorting.

Hopefully the client develops powerful catalogue management functions later on that allow people to customize their shelf to a ridiculous level with infinite sorting and filtering options etc. instead of all this highly limited stuff. I'm 95% fine with what's there now, but the geek in me hates limitations/restrictions and would like to see a UI that has no bounds to how one can sort out their game shelf etc.
Just for the record, forum and support tickets links are still broken for all unbundled games I have. I'm being redirected to the general forum and general support page, respectively.
phaolo: Hey, what's the progress of the unbundling? (+ name fixing)
skeletonbow: The progress of unbundling is 100% AFAICT. As for name fixing [..] they may not name it in a consistent manner or in a way that works well for sorting or that is pleasant to the eye. [..]
They could simply use aliases (even customizable)
Example:

sorting name ------- shown name
---------------------------------------------
Ultima 04 ------------- Ultima IV
Goblins 01 ----------- Gobliiins
Goblins 03 ----------- Goblins Quest 3
Avernum 03a -------- Blades of Avernum
King's Quest 01 ---- King's Quest
(etc)
What saddens me is that during the big unbundling process, a lot of new neat box arts were created, and the library was getting visually better and better.

A couple of months afterwards, all this nice art is in the dustbin. Because.
I think the unbundled game should still have a link to the store page from which it comes. Makes no sense that it doesn't as far as I can tell.
Dear GOG team, I greatly appreciate this site and DRM-free games, BUT this unbundling thing might have been better thought through.

I don't like the fact that I cannot access the shop page and reviews directly any longer. I used to do this often because I wanted to read the description or have a look at the screenshots. Sometimes it also helps finding out, in which order to play the add-ons. I hate to be forced to search the game in the shop instead! It takes much longer.

I am missing the direct links to the relevant forum. If I wanted to go to the general forum, I would just use the direct link in the top bar navigation. Again, I must search for the forum I want, instead of clicking on a practical direct link.

And what happened to the sorting? Why do Battle Isle 1, 2, 3 sit neatly next to each other while Battle Isle 4 (SUB-titled "Incubation") is in the "i" section, and "Historyline" is with "h". Total nonsense, both have a big fat "Battle Isle" on their box and belong to the same series. I imagine that some cases are worse than mine, but it is a matter of principle, sort of.
Ciris: We have no way to set which game comes before which in a series so the system understands - so they'll be alphabetically
This could be achieved through sorting by the "slug" parameter. Changes would have to be made, for example "episode_1_the_blackwell_legacy" would have to be "blackwell_episode_1_legacy" or something similar. Or, as the parameter seems to be linked to file paths etc. (which could make things a bit complicated), separate sorting parameters could be created.

Also, a bunch of titles beginning with "A" and "The" are still sorted under "A" and "T". I used to email support to get these corrected, but perhaps it'd be easier to just strip the articles programmatically during the sorting process.
Post edited July 14, 2015 by plagren
high rated
Ciris: We have no way to set which game comes before which in a series so the system understands - so they'll be alphabetically - BUT, after the new "My Account" is launched (which is the major update I mentioned in my former post), we'll be introducting new ways to arrange your games.
You're saying that something about the design of GOG's systems prevents you from simply issuing an ALTER TABLE, running a quick little script to copy the titles column into the new column, adjusting the new column's phrasings to alter sort order, and then setting it to use that for sorting?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given how many glitches and regressions I see and how long it takes to get them fixed.
drealmer7: I think the unbundled game should still have a link to the store page from which it comes. Makes no sense that it doesn't as far as I can tell.
I miss that feature a lot too. I have so many games that it's nice to be able to quickly check them out before deciding which to install but I can't do that anymore. It's hard to understand why it was necessary to remove such a feature :(
drealmer7: I think the unbundled game should still have a link to the store page from which it comes. Makes no sense that it doesn't as far as I can tell.
samwisegamgees: I miss that feature a lot too. I have so many games that it's nice to be able to quickly check them out before deciding which to install but I can't do that anymore. It's hard to understand why it was necessary to remove such a feature :(
Huh, that feature was recently restored. Is there an unbundled title that doesn't bring you to the store page? If so, I would submit it to support for review.
samwisegamgees: I miss that feature a lot too. I have so many games that it's nice to be able to quickly check them out before deciding which to install but I can't do that anymore. It's hard to understand why it was necessary to remove such a feature :(
foxworks: Huh, that feature was recently restored. Is there an unbundled title that doesn't bring you to the store page? If so, I would submit it to support for review.
Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't checked the last couple of weeks so I didn't notice yet. I will let you know if I spot any titles that don't yet have the link.
foxworks: Huh, that feature was recently restored. Is there an unbundled title that doesn't bring you to the store page? If so, I would submit it to support for review.
samwisegamgees: Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't checked the last couple of weeks so I didn't notice yet. I will let you know if I spot any titles that don't yet have the link.
Now if only they could implement "must be logged in and owning" catalog pages for things like Fallout so we could consult data that's only on the catalog pages like system requirements and user reviews.
Why are there two spots for System Shock in my library?Why arent they bundeled together and original offered as a bonus like similar games?it was mess before but now its..i dont know anymore