It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
karnak1: I agree. The way it's organized is stupid.
GOG's next step should be in organizing the games in proper release order. Acoording to the series number and not the title name.
According to OP of this thread, they're working on it.
karnak1: I agree. The way it's organized is stupid.
GOG's next step should be in organizing the games in proper release order. Acoording to the series number and not the title name.
HypersomniacLive: According to OP of this thread, they're working on it.
Good to know.
Thanks for the info.
high rated
karnak1: Good to know.
Thanks for the info.
Just don't hold your breath waiting, GOG uses their very own time unit which is vastly different from what the rest of the world uses.
On a related note, if they are doing this in account libraries they should do it in the game forums too. I can only imagine the mess and how long it would take, but it would be a useful thing. If properly managed...

It seems arbitrary which games are combined into the same forum. The Witcher games each get a different forum, but then the Divinity games all get lumped together even though those titles don't all necessarily relate to each other and are individually very different types of games. There are many examples of this kind of randomness.

Even going forward if they declared all new acquisitions would get their own unique forum and not be lumped together, this would be more user friendly.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/add_subforums_for_each_game_to_forums_covering_whole_game_series
(Can't get the search function to work, so I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere.)

Are unbundled games incompatible with the galaxy library import feature? I have all the Tomb Raider games installed from back when they were all bundled and I can't get any of them to import into the library no matter what folder I select.
tammerwhisk: (Can't get the search function to work, so I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere.)

Are unbundled games incompatible with the galaxy library import feature? I have all the Tomb Raider games installed from back when they were all bundled and I can't get any of them to import into the library no matter what folder I select.
The common belief is that the primary reason for the unbundling was for galaxy compatibility, so I wouldn't expect the legacy bundled installers to be supported by galaxy, only the newer unbundled ones.
I'd like to point out that the Quest for Glory games still have the same cover art (with different logos on them) on all five games. This bothers me more than it would with other similar series because I've always liked how the QfG covers showed the games' theme of growing and the changes in mood from installment to installment: the first cover being silly, the second and third ones growing more serious but still lighthearted, the fourth one being darker, but still somewhat silly and the final one being straight up dramatic. While the one chosen works well to represent the series as a whole I'd really appreciate it if you guys could add the individual covers.

As a side-note, I'm wondering where Wizardry 6's cover's artwork came from. I have never seen it before and can't find it anywhere else by searching. Not a complaint about the cover, I'm just curious.
Post edited May 12, 2015 by painocus
painocus: As a side-note, I'm wondering where Wizardry 6's cover's artwork came from. I have never seen it before and can't find it anywhere else by searching. Not a complaint about the cover, I'm just curious.
That was custom-made by our design department since the original assets for the game were rather non-existent in a quality that would allow us to make use of the original assets :)
Two suggestions on ongoing changes: Can you please unbundle Alone in the Dark series? And PLEASE bundle all episodes of Cognition - I'd really appreciate that! Alternatively, the new Account feature could propose an option of seeing your games bundled or unbundled (even better option). That should make everybody happy.
And why isn't it possible any more to manually drag and drop the games in the library? For example, I own several installements of the Tex Murphy series and they're littered all around my library now.
Thank you and keep up the good work!
jawolf: Two suggestions on ongoing changes: Can you please unbundle Alone in the Dark series? And PLEASE bundle all episodes of Cognition - I'd really appreciate that! Alternatively, the new Account feature could propose an option of seeing your games bundled or unbundled (even better option). That should make everybody happy.
And why isn't it possible any more to manually drag and drop the games in the library? For example, I own several installements of the Tex Murphy series and they're littered all around my library now.
They cannot unbundle Alone in the Dark sue to licensing reasons.
jawolf: Two suggestions on ongoing changes: Can you please unbundle Alone in the Dark series? And PLEASE bundle all episodes of Cognition - I'd really appreciate that! Alternatively, the new Account feature could propose an option of seeing your games bundled or unbundled (even better option). That should make everybody happy.
paladin181: They cannot unbundle Alone in the Dark sue to licensing reasons.
Hey, thanks! Good to know, so I won't keep waiting for this to be unbundled ;-)
Correction: the game has just been unbundled.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by mrkgnao
jawolf: Hey, thanks! Good to know, so I won't keep waiting for this to be unbundled ;-)
Your wish has been granted.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Correction: the game has just been unbundled.
Well that was their story before they did it.
mrkgnao: Correction: the game has just been unbundled.
paladin181: Well that was their story before they did it.
Yes. I know.