It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: I am not certain about that:
4) Assuming that "unbundling" is a code name for "library changes for Galaxy", they are updating many installers at the moment (e.g. free games last week, DLCs this week, etc.)
5) And the most important evidence that the unbundling might not be done --- people still complain about it...
Well, the Witcher 3 is coming into the town and they do not want their customers to use their old downloader for updating / downloading the 60 GB of the game, so GOG Galaxy is coming fast out of alpha to public "beta" to support this game (interestingly, on opening www.gog.com, the prominent purple bar does not mention "beta" with a single word until you click on it), so it's dragging the rest along side the way doing stealh updates and prepping their games for the glorious new unbundled Galaxy future.

I won't do any downloads (and purchases) any more, unless it's absolutely necessary.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by coffeecup
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this is still a stupid-ass decision.
This should be followed with a folder structure system for the shelf.

-Customers may create user named folders (e.g. game genre) in the shelf and place whatever games they want inside them.
-Clicking them would pack/unpack the contained games to and from the shelf with a line, over and under, the shelf row that starts & ends the folder + it's content.
-It would push any folders or games that are adjacent from it down the shelf to make space for its content when unpacked and just be a regular entry (as any other game in your shelf today) when packed.

This is something I've wanted for many years now.

Hope it will be considered in one form or another.
Can I rebundle some games?

It's seriously a pain in the ass to have expansions and whatnot labeled as their own games.
high rated
Given gog's lack of response on just how unpopular this is, I can only surmise that it wasn't done for our benefit or due to requests for it at all.

Gog is so keen to push PR about how much they care and listen to customers but when it comes to giving us a choice about changes that negatively affect us they are just as bad as every other digital distribution service.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by serpantino
high rated
Sylenall: Can I rebundle some games?

It's seriously a pain in the ass to have expansions and whatnot labeled as their own games.
This so much. I especially hate how the extras were handled for unbundled titles.
mrkgnao: For quite a while, this thread has been a write-only thread. People don't bother to read previous posts. See, for example, the numerous times the KQ2/KQ3 cover has been mentioned anew.
dirtyharry50: Wait, am I supposed to actually know what is going on here and the context of comments made before just injecting whatever I feel like? Seriously? I must be on the wrong internet. ;-)
My apologies. I clearly erred in not reading through each of the 89 pages that preceded my post. I actually have another question about the unbundling, but I apparently have to read the entire thread before responding. God willing, I'll be able to ask the question in about a week (maybe two, to account for any new posts made between now and the end of my obligatory reading). Thanks for pointing me in the right directions, fellas. You make a great welcoming committee.
dirtyharry50: Wait, am I supposed to actually know what is going on here and the context of comments made before just injecting whatever I feel like? Seriously? I must be on the wrong internet. ;-)
sporcloid: My apologies. I clearly erred in not reading through each of the 89 pages that preceded my post. I actually have another question about the unbundling, but I apparently have to read the entire thread before responding. God willing, I'll be able to ask the question in about a week (maybe two, to account for any new posts made between now and the end of my obligatory reading). Thanks for pointing me in the right directions, fellas. You make a great welcoming committee.
By all means, ask. No need to read the entire thread.
But do try to search the last couple of pages first just in case an answer is already there.
sporcloid: My apologies. I clearly erred in not reading through each of the 89 pages that preceded my post. I actually have another question about the unbundling, but I apparently have to read the entire thread before responding. God willing, I'll be able to ask the question in about a week (maybe two, to account for any new posts made between now and the end of my obligatory reading). Thanks for pointing me in the right directions, fellas. You make a great welcoming committee.
I'm sincerely very sorry. I was kidding around responding to mrkgnao and wasn't even aware of your post previous to theirs. So as you can see here, I really didn't know what was going on which isn't all that unusual because I am not reading any 83 page threads either. If I get something wrong, oh, well. I can always depend on somebody correcting me, well almost always. I think sometimes folks spend too much time on various forums and take what goes on there more seriously than it deserves. It's just discussion about playing computer games. We never talk about anything important really. At least, I don't unless maybe in some off-topic thing but I try to avoid those for reasons I'm sure you can imagine.

Welcome to GOG's community from me anyway. You'll find a lot of nice and helpful people but like with any internet forum there's always exceptions of course. I find some of the very best stuff isn't in general as a rule but within the specific game forums. There people are often really good about helping each other with various questions or just discussions about a given game or whatever. I'd encourage you to check those out as you go along for any titles you buy here if you haven't already.

The general forum has its ups and downs but don't let that bother you. It's just typical of forums in general, you know? Probably you do and I don't meant to go on too much about that but I honestly never meant to make you feel unwelcome. So I hope this makes up for it a little and you find a lot of fun here.
Garrett24601: Edit:
Fallout is still available in the Galaxy client, and can still be downloaded.
I wonder if this bug is related. I did not have Fallout vanish until I tried Galaxy.
mrkgnao: I don't believe so. People who do not participate in the Galaxy alpha also have the game disappear.
My Fallout is also disappear in my account but in Galaxy, it is still. And it disappears before I tried Galaxy.

I report this problem with GOG Support and they said me: "[...] these are only temporary, and only cause the Fallout games to become invisible on some users' account. These games are not actually removed, and rest assured that they will not be removed permanently [...]"

I hope they fix this problem soon.

EDIT: I have the Fallout back again.

Don't worry, GOG people works good.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by angel_hellsing
Ciris: We've prepared the remaining games for unbundling.

After the process is complete (we're anticipating it'll take a bit less than a week, but that's not a set-in-stone timeframe), the below is the titles you can expect on your shelves (if you have the games, of course):

American Conquest
American Conquest - Fight Back
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon - Rolling Thunder
Earth 2150 - Escape from the Blue Planet
Earth 2150 - Lost Souls
Earth 2150 - The Moon Project
The Great Battles of Alexander
The Great Battles of Caesar
The Great Battles of Hannibal
Interstate '76
Interstate '76 Nitro Pack
King's Quest
King's Quest 2 - romancing the throne
King's Quest 3 - To Heir is Human
King's Quest 4 - The Perils of Rosella
King's Quest 5 - Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
King's Quest 6 - Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
Lords of the Realm I
Lords of the Realm I (CD version)
Lords of the Realm II
M.A.X.
M.A.X. 2
Penumbra - Black Plague
Penumbra - Overture
Penumbra - Requiem
Pirates!
Pirates! GOLD
Patrician
Patrician II - Quest for Power
Red Baron 1
Red Baron 3D
Wallace & Gromits - Episode 1 - Fright of the Bumblebees
Wallace & Gromits - Episode 2 - The Last Resort
Wallace & Gromits - Episode 3 - Muzzled
Wallace & Gromits - Episode 4 - The Bogey Man
This issue is related to an earlier unbundling (Tex Murphy 1+2 Mac):
Tex Murpy 2.app should be called Tex Murphy 2.app
dirtyharry50: I'm sincerely very sorry. I was kidding around responding to mrkgnao and wasn't even aware of your post previous to theirs. So as you can see here, I really didn't know what was going on which isn't all that unusual because I am not reading any 83 page threads either. If I get something wrong, oh, well. I can always depend on somebody correcting me, well almost always. I think sometimes folks spend too much time on various forums and take what goes on there more seriously than it deserves. It's just discussion about playing computer games. We never talk about anything important really. At least, I don't unless maybe in some off-topic thing but I try to avoid those for reasons I'm sure you can imagine.

Welcome to GOG's community from me anyway. You'll find a lot of nice and helpful people but like with any internet forum there's always exceptions of course. I find some of the very best stuff isn't in general as a rule but within the specific game forums. There people are often really good about helping each other with various questions or just discussions about a given game or whatever. I'd encourage you to check those out as you go along for any titles you buy here if you haven't already.

The general forum has its ups and downs but don't let that bother you. It's just typical of forums in general, you know? Probably you do and I don't meant to go on too much about that but I honestly never meant to make you feel unwelcome. So I hope this makes up for it a little and you find a lot of fun here.
You went ahead and made my day with that post. We have a great community here, especially compared to most of the Internet.
Yesterday i had 99 Games... and today i have 100. I was going to ask what happened, but reading previous comments, it could be this thing with fallout (or not).

I don't like all this changes at all. What a mess it is and we, the users, are the ones suffering them :/ They should have asked, or at least give me the option to choose.
How about unbundling original versions of Broken Sword 1 and 2 too?
l3l3l5l: This issue is related to an earlier unbundling (Tex Murphy 1+2 Mac):
Tex Murpy 2.app should be called Tex Murphy 2.app
Unfortunatley there is still much to do regarding mac installers. Not unbundled yet for the mac are the Penumbra pack,the Avernum pack, the Geneforge pack and Ultima 7. Still missing after unbdundling is the cd-version of Lords of the Realm 1.

Djungelurban: How about unbundling original versions of Broken Sword 1 and 2 too?
That would be really great, but I guess they are still very busy with the basic stuff. There are really many bonus games out there, so that will for sure take some time.
Post edited May 08, 2015 by DukeNukemForever