It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wonder why they even started the unbundling when they are planning to scrap the actual account page.

Firek's answer doesn't really sound like they will fix anything before the new version (which will probably introduce new bugs) is finally here.
JaqFrost: You are very optimistic.
real.geizterfahr: No, I'm not. I know that the relaunched part of GOG is buggy too (searching for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or F.E.A.R., for example). I just say that I can understand that they don't want to put work into fixing the old account section, because they're already working on a brand new account section.
You do see the irony that they did manage to take time off their work on the new account section (which has been under development at least since August 2014) to apply the much-requested unbundling to the old account section.

Anyhow, I hope they are also working hard on a new "reply to your customers" section.
PaterAlf: *snip*
the new version…will probably introduce new bugs
That's what I'm concerned about.

To be honest I don't know what would be wrong with just fixing the bugs now, if this account revamp is going to take real long. I mean, we'd rather have bugs fixed sooner than later.
high rated
PaterAlf: I wonder why they even started the unbundling when they are planning to scrap the actual account page.
See attached.
Attachments:
Unfortunately I would be more excited over an overhaul of the present account system if history suggested the new one will work well and be an improvement over the old one.
HypersomniacLive: Except that the issues reported in here are not "old stuff" - it's brand new issues they introduced with their decision, and the way they're going about things.
Yes, but it's the old account section that would need fixing. They could put two or three weeks in to repair it, or use those two or three weeks to work on the new account section. I can understand that they chose the latter. I can't understand that they started with the unbundling now, instead of preparing it and to introduce a fully unbundled, new section when it's done. But that's another topic.
mrkgnao: You do see the irony that they did manage to take time off their work on the new account section (which has been under development at least since August 2014) to apply the much-requested unbundling to the old account section.
I think unbundling and Galaxy are part of this new account section.

edit:
mrkgnao: (which has been under development at least since August 2014)
That's why I said "That's okay, if the redesign doesn't take another 6 months to happen (that's when "fresher, better GOG.com" started)." ;)
Post edited April 13, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
IAmSinistar: See attached.
Poor Gogbear. One world was not enough.
IAmSinistar: See attached.
PaterAlf: Poor real.geizterfahr. One world was not enough.
FTFY
high rated
real.geizterfahr: Yes, but it's the old account section that would need fixing. They could put two or three weeks in to repair it, or use those two or three weeks to work on the new account section. I can understand that they chose the latter. I can't understand that they started with the unbundling now, instead of preparing it and to introduce a fully unbundled, new section when it's done. But that's another topic.

[...]
Actually it's not. All of the issues listed here (and in other posts) are issues caused by the unbundling (we all know why it couldn't wait; it's called Galaxy client), and if they're not going to be addressed, then they'll carry over to the revamped account system. Unless the revamped account system will come with no shelves, no boxes, no nth, and content will be labelled as installer_xyzw, and all extras as product_wlpz.

And having, for example, extras in Cognition that give you a 404 page, for an indefinite time span, and with no word if this will ever be fixed, is not good customer service.

The least they could do is come here and clearly explain why the issues are not addressed, and if and how they are being addressed in the context of the revamped account. Which after eight full months of development, has still no ETA.

GOG wants to play in the super league with the other big boys, and has demonstrated this in many ways, yet they still resort to "buddy" practices whenever they screw up.and we call them out on it.

In he Galaxy thread, a bluetext posted the link for one's library: https://embed.gog.com/library/windows
Well, in my case, the game count at the top (ALL GAMES) is wrong, the number of actual games on shelf is also wrong, but different from the game count.
Is that what the revamped account system will use? Doesn't inspire much confidence for its functionality or reliability. Heck, it's not even out yet, and GOG support already tells us (emphasis mine) "should fix most known issues". That alone says that we're in for some of the existing bugs, a new set of bugs, and more of this "be patient and understanding" approach.
PaterAlf: Poor Gogbear. One world was not enough.
Attachments:
twine.jpg (125 Kb)
HypersomniacLive: In he Galaxy thread, a bluetext posted the link for one's library: https://embed.gog.com/library/windows
Well, in my case, the game count at the top (ALL GAMES) is wrong, the number of actual games on shelf is also wrong, but different from the game count.
Is that what the revamped account system will use? Doesn't inspire much confidence for its functionality or reliability. Heck, it's not even out yet, and GOG support already tells us (emphasis mine) "should fix most known issues". That alone says that we're in for some of the existing bugs, a new set of bugs, and more of this "be patient and understanding" approach.
Hope that's not the new account page they are talking about. It seems there is no way to manually sort the games any longer or to create sub-folders (for different genres or completed games). Instead you can sort them by user rating. How exactly could that be useful?
HypersomniacLive: In he Galaxy thread, a bluetext posted the link for one's library: https://embed.gog.com/library/windows
PaterAlf: Hope that's not the new account page they are talking about. It seems there is no way to manually sort the games any longer or to create sub-folders (for different genres or completed games). Instead you can sort them by user rating. How exactly could that be useful?
I really hope it will not be like this. If they do all the work on a new account page just to drop the manual sorting feature I'd be really disappointed and angry (which somehow gives me the feeling it will happen).
HypersomniacLive: ...
Sorry to say that, but some of you guys are overshooting the target a little bit. I'm not saying that everything's fine and I'm not saying that GOG is pure awesomesauce. I just said that I can understand why they don't want to fix the issues on the old system, but want to focus on the new system instead. Yes, it IS stupid to start unbundling with an incompatible system. But that's GOG for you. Personally, I don't want them to fix-break (or whatever you want to call this) the old system even further.

There's a reason why the new system isn't live yet. Maybe this reason is, that it's not finished yet!?
Post edited April 13, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
PaterAlf: Hope that's not the new account page they are talking about. It seems there is no way to manually sort the games any longer or to create sub-folders (for different genres or completed games). Instead you can sort them by user rating. How exactly could that be useful?
moonshineshadow: I really hope it will not be like this. If they do all the work on a new account page just to drop the manual sorting feature I'd be really disappointed and angry (which somehow gives me the feeling it will happen).
I hope this library stays only on Galaxy, right now it's completely useless and pretty ugly.

Original Covers > Steam Like Tiles
Remember to vote here, folks, for what it's worth:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/gog_should_fix_the_issues_with_the_unbundling
Post edited April 13, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59