It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lefantome89: I still have my Tomb Raider 1-2-3 unbundled, is it normal?
moonshineshadow: Do an account refresh:
https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
worked! thasnks
mrkgnao: See for yourself. Here is the list of all the unbundled games so far:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=460&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahD&ord=&flt=Diu~1~&opt=&myf=TueMay51353452015__SrPRJntr3Ei4]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=460&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbahD&ord=&flt=Diu~1~&opt=&myf=TueMay51353452015__SrPRJntr3Ei4[/url]

See how many have installers dated 25-26 February (including Alien Breed).
I see.
high rated
dirtyharry50: I still don't see any of this as a big deal personally. It's a first world problem if there ever was one. Unless I am misunderstanding something here (maybe I am too) it should not be a terrible burden to fix up one's arrangement one time and continue on with life.
Allow me, if you may... ;)

Say you made yourself a cosy little place which very much feels like home – there's a shelf there, a wooden shelf, and there's all sorts of games placed on that shelf, and just looking at it, just looking at them, it's a joy in itself.

But then, someone "in charge" wreaks havoc in your cosy little place. Multiple boxes "unbundled" all over. Derelict naming. Lazy, cloned covers – some with erroneous titles, even. Cryptic bonuses. Broken links. Not to mention brand new bugs introduced by this 2-weeks-long-gone-7-weeks-awry unbundling (someone posted about missing "NEW" tags on games never yet downloaded – well I've got that since March 20th at least).

And to add insult to injury, the operating team clearly do no mind that much, as this very {IMPORTANT NOTICE: Unbundling games} thread testifies.

dirtyharry50: Wait, am I supposed to actually know what is going on here and the context of comments made before just injecting whatever I feel like? Seriously? I must be on the wrong internet. ;-)
Ah, but you will have to browse that thread at least a little, I'm afraid – a prospect which shouldn't deter you one bit, surely, given your "tender finger" comment about PixelBoy's post... ;)

PixelBoy: So to go full show-hide-unhide circle for 10 games, you actually need to click (at least) 41 times. That's maybe easy as in "not difficult to do", but not easy as in "convenient".
dirtyharry50: Yeah, now that you mention it that is really rough. I hope you never try to play Diablo or anything like it. I don't think your tender finger could take all those murderous clicks it takes to play. I get tired myself just thinking about it. ;-)
I love those ;) – Ciris loves them too... ;) But anyway, I digress... ;) Hum, or do I, really ?

Now, dare we complain – if only for the bugs ? Dare we ? Dare we... ;) Well, many did – mrkgnao being the main constructive voice, but you may check posts by JaqFrost or Shendue (among many others).

The answer ? Ominous, resounding silence – with occasional chirps from Ciris and some email variations of "As I'm sure you are aware, we are currently working on a new, revamped version of the Account section, which should address all known issues." Issues that didn't exist before the unbundling, mind you – but who cares (and this particular email quote comes from Firek, no less – THE Support Chief himself). There you go.

That cosy little place doesn't feel so cosy anymore...

Perhaps folks like PixelBoy should cave in, and just get on once again with shelf rearranging – because, after all...

dirtyharry50: it should not be a terrible burden to fix up one's arrangement one time and continue on with life.
That is, until the next strike... ;) First World problem of a not so First Class store, I agree... ;)

Lo and behold, that cosy little place just doesn't feel like a home anymore – which is the best thing that could happen, actually. Indeed, how foolish to have even felt at home in a store ! Goodness gracious ! Things changed, thankfully... ;)

GOG is just another DRM-Free store to me, now. There is no personal level connection anymore – whether ethically (yes, I know it might be laughable in this day and age, but some of us still hold that as something to be praised and supported) or otherwise (its general warmth has consistently faded over the last year, so much so one gets to wonder if it's still the same store).

From the very unprofessional way they handled the unbundling, to the disgraceful PR spin of the {State of Customer Experience} news (while over here they were grossly disregarding the unbundling mess reports), they made it very clear that their house was not a home. And that's not to mention the blatant disingenuity of some Ciris' posts (we're doing this for you my darlings VS we're enforcing that for the upcoming Galaxy so swallow it) – complete with her now infamous passive-agressive ;) trademark.

dirtyharry50: I still don't see any of this as a big deal personally.
Well, rejoice ! Neither do I anymore. One big difference, perhaps : you have a Steam account, and I never will... ;)

dirtyharry50: In the Steam client you need [...] a game in Steam. It never bothered me [...]
There is a clear, ongoing shift in GOG's customer base. I remember the following from paladin181 regarding GOG's "ADD" behaviour...

paladin181: Start a project here, start a project there, go back to this one, never finish any of them.
Let's expand on that, customer-wise... A bit of GOG, a bit of Steam, go back to this one, never commit to any of them... ;)

Hum, perhaps not so wise, after all... ;)

IAmSinistar: While I do have sympathy for GOG in that they often have a Sophie's Choice when deciding to make changes that they feel will make the place better, that sympathy is dimmed by their recent decline in communication and openness. I believe a number of us who really love GOG have felt them become more distant and remote, withdrawing behind a wall of obfuscation and legalese. Perhaps I am overextending the romantic metaphor, but there is a growing feeling that "this is not the person we married".
HypersomniacLive: I think the metaphor works quite nicely, actually. Especially as they insist on still being open and transparent, even though it's clear that they do it selectively, both in content and timing, and only to hype their decisions and choices.
And speaking of choices, it more and more feels like they exploit the DRM-free angle to push and justify everything else they've decided to do, and are doing. Definitely "not the person we married".
The really worrisome part now that trust has been lost is that an uneasy thought has surfaced - did they change somewhere down the road or were they always the person we see now?
;)

Straight from today's {GOG Galaxy Beta starts now} news : "Today we deliver."

;)

Cheers !
aquaSolus:
+1.

There is something rather annoying in people who feel compelled to state that they "don't see any of this as a big deal" just because their priorities are different, when it is clearly a big deal to quite a few people out here in the wilderness.
aquaSolus: Say you made yourself a cosy little place which very much feels like home – there's a shelf there, a wooden shelf, and there's all sorts of games placed on that shelf, and just looking at it, just looking at them, it's a joy in itself.

But then, someone "in charge" wreaks havoc in your cosy little place. Multiple boxes "unbundled" all over. Derelict naming. Lazy, cloned covers – some with erroneous titles, even. Cryptic bonuses. Broken links. Not to mention brand new bugs introduced by this 2-weeks-long-gone-7-weeks-awry unbundling (someone posted about missing "NEW" tags on games never yet downloaded – well I've got that since March 20th at least).

And to add insult to injury, the operating team clearly do no mind that much, as this very {IMPORTANT NOTICE: Unbundling games} thread testifies.
You evoke the emotional distress brought upon us so eloquently!

But perhaps, just perhaps, if we stand strong together, we can weather this storm, ,just as we have weathered the storms of so many promising young, erm, salespersons in the past who have turned into uncaring faceless corporate entities, before we realise that, actually, the end is not nigh and we still have the fortitude to enjoy the occasional game we purchased, against all odds...

We still get to gripe copiously about the swathes of inconsistency and poorly thought-out delivery implementations, though, right?
aquaSolus: Allow me, if you may... ;)
GOG is just another DRM-Free store to me, now. There is no personal level connection anymore – whether ethically (yes, I know it might be laughable in this day and age, but some of us still hold that as something to be praised and supported) or otherwise (its general warmth has consistently faded over the last year, so much so one gets to wonder if it's still the same store).
Well one of the things to drop simmering on the horizon is the "optional" thing in the blurb of today's "GOG GALAXY is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games.". I guess this will happen a year or so after labelling the client "release".

There are already signs for it, like the greyed out achievement thingy and the new download system which features steam-like in place downloading of the games and the installers are provided optionally.

Achievements (and multi player) via the GOG Galaxy client do need to have some connection to the Galaxy client. Perhaps they are working "offline", but I doubt this proposed turn off switch will work without its own share of problems.

Regarding the downloads ... well, they already stated that you can zip up these game directories but they don't promise stand-alone functionality. This is easily demonstrated with Beneath a Steel Sky, where you won't find an executable or premade link for starting the game, only a scummvm directory and a goggame-galaxyfilelist.ini which points outside of the game directory. When they phase out their installers, they also let resolve itself the directory naming problem and relieve themselves from packaging work.

Naturally, this won't happen over night, but by taking tiny steps and sitting it out until the minority of protesting customers don't have more energy to be vocal about it.

Oh naturally, they won't undo the unbundling ever.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by coffeecup
Wait wait wait... if I'm reading some of these posts correctly, this whole unbundling bullshit is Galaxy's fault? Ugh, now I have yet another reason to dislike that stupid thing. So much for it being "optional", if it's affecting the normal system, too.

I miss the old, smaller GOG. When we never were concerned about shelf limits and unbundling, and games costing over $10.
Remember, at the heart of every galaxy is a supermassive black hole - the thing in the universe that sucks the most. ;)
high rated
aquaSolus: Allow me, if you may... ;)

[...]
Cheers, I was thinking of the physical bookshelf analogy myself; you did a much more eloquently job than I could ever do.

HiroshiMishima: Wait wait wait... if I'm reading some of these posts correctly, this whole unbundling bullshit is Galaxy's fault? Ugh, now I have yet another reason to dislike that stupid thing. So much for it being "optional", if it's affecting the normal system, too.

I miss the old, smaller GOG. When we never were concerned about shelf limits and unbundling, and games costing over $10.
Of course you're not reading them correctly - the unbundling was done to please the overwhelming number of requests it had on the Wishlist at the time they announced it; 17 votes to be exact, in case you're wondering what that number was.

That it perfectly suits the needs of the Galaxy client functionality was a mere coincidence, and everyone at GOG did a happy dance after they overcame their initial big surprise of how well everything came together; something like a cherry on top thing.
Am i right when I say that the unbundling is over, because 2 weeks ago (see http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1652/) Ciris said it would take 1 week?

Or is it as before "no single GOG staff gives a fuck"?
john_hatcher: Am i right when I say that the unbundling is over, because 2 weeks ago (see http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1652/) Ciris said it would take 1 week?

The unbundling finished, if you still have games bundled that should be unbundled according to the list in the OP, do an account refresh:
john_hatcher: Am i right when I say that the unbundling is over, because 2 weeks ago (see http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1652/) Ciris said it would take 1 week?

moonshineshadow: The unbundling finished, if you still have games bundled that should be unbundled according to the list in the OP, do an account refresh:
Thanks, I'm not missing any games. I just would have been a lot happier, if an official GOG staff member would have posted an offiicial post (or even better a news on the main page, I know, I know, I'm getting megalomaniac) saying "everything is finished" as we all know what "one week" means.
moonshineshadow: The unbundling finished
I am not certain about that:
1) The warning message at the top of the library page is still there (but they may have forgotten about it)
2) Creatures Exodus, which was on the list, is still ununbundled (but they may have changed their minds about it)
3) Just recently they unbundled two games that were not on the list (Darks Forces II, Shadow Warrior 2013)
4) Assuming that "unbundling" is a code name for "library changes for Galaxy", they are updating many installers at the moment (e.g. free games last week, DLCs this week, etc.)
5) And the most important evidence that the unbundling might not be done --- people still complain about it...
Post edited May 06, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I am not certain about that:
1) The warning message at the top of the library page is still there (but they may have forgotten about it)
2) Creatures Exodus, which was on the list, is still ununbundled (but they may have changed their minds about it)
3) Just recently they unbundled two games that were not on the list (Darks Forces II, Shadow Warrior 2013)
4) Assuming that "unbundling" is a code name for "library changes for Galaxy", they are updating many installers at the moment (e.g. free games last week, DLCs this week, etc.)
5) And the most important evidence that the unbundling might not be done --- people still complain about it...
Lol ok :D
I did not know about Creatures, I was under the impression that all the games on the list were unbundled. Therefore I assumed the finished status since I am not sure if anything will be done about all the other stuff.
mrkgnao: I am not certain about that:
Ok, so it seems nothing is finished, even though 2 week of the said 1 week have gone by.
Maybe in 1 or 2 weeks some staff member will come by and say "sorry, forgot this and that and blablabla" like always. I'm sad about how GOG is treating their customers (at least me as a customer, but you can see that in a different way).