It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

288: 1, Because children are our future, and the future is filled with the absence of clowns.
288:1 - I agree with the first bit; kill them.
288:1
288: dismiss. All the options are more ridiculous than the clowns themselves could ever aspire to be.
288:dismiss - Clowns? Seriously? Imo, a government couldn't care less.
Since the majority has voted to either kill or ban clowns, thus measures against the same shall be taken.
Post edited February 09, 2014 by Maighstir
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (71) [+2]
Economy: Reasonable (40)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (70)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.747 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

Multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, and the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 4,089th in The North Pacific and 97,991st in the world for Largest Retail Industry, scoring -4 on the Shrinkwrap Consignment Productivity Index.

==== Issues ====
9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Blot Out Bauhaus? (issue 289)
Following his purchase of a large plot of land in the middle of Gogan City, Samuel Dada, the heir to a fortune made on the back of the Book Publishing industry, has begun his conversion of the property into a vast and unusual mansion. Busybodies are in an uproar at the design, however, which they claim is everything from "out of social context" and "bizarre" to "just plain ugly".

1. "This monstrosity must be torn down immediately!" claims local harridan and book-club member, Kathleen Dovey. "The trees in the garden spell a frightening word from the balcony; and the tower looks like a - a - well, you know! Mr. Dada's mansion may be his own, but the government must intervene in the name of taste and common decency. There should be a licensing organisation to approve all future renovations of buildings, lest we be plagued by these architectural abominations."

2. "Come on... it's my house, fer chrissakes," bemoans Mr. Dada, lounging on a sun-deck outside his home, elaborate cocktail and trophy-wife close by. "Surely I can do what I like to my own stuff? Like that time I painted my third car violet - that was cool, wasn't it? Don't you just hate it when someone bumbles over - I bet you know just what I mean - and starts tellin' you what to do? Man, I hate that. So, look, right, let's just go inside, have a drink, and forget this whole thing ever happened."

3. "Why is this even a national debate?" asks obviously strung-out and possibly hungover bureaucrat, Colin Winters, mumbling, "It's just a waste of time... Look. Whatever you do, you're going to be unpopular. Why don't you just dodge the bullet? Let local authorities decide - and even decide if it's their job to decide. That way you don't annoy anyone, and, hey, I'm sure there's some bunch of local government advocates who'll love you for it. Now. Can I go home? Please?"

==== Public announcement ====
289:3 - It's a local matter
289:3
289:3 - definitely not a national topic. That's what regional administration is for.
289:3
This shall thus be settled on a regional level (or not at all, as the case may be).
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (69) [-2]
Economy: Reasonable (40)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (70)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.759 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking, and strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 1,051st in The North Pacific and 27,297th in the world for Most Average, scoring 1,122 on the Average Standarized Normality Scale.

==== Issues ====
1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Affirmative Action in Gogan? (issue 290)
After a recent high-profile case of a minority student being refused admission to a traditional, prestigious college, civil rights activists, conservatives, and teachers are up in arms about affirmative action and ethnic equality in education.

1. "This is just another attempt to discriminate against people of color," declares civil-rights activist, former TV commentator and unabashed publicity speaker Agnes Thiesen. "If people are disadvantaged in their upbringing then they should be given an 'equal' chance to succeed in college."

2. "The affirmative action programs aren't necessary at all," rejoins conservative speaker and hair care product salesperson Lee Frederickson. "If you really want to treat everyone equally, as you claim, how can you support special treatment for a few so-called minority groups? Besides, it would cost even more money to enforce."

3. "I think you are both looney," says George W. Lee, professor of liberal arts at Gogan National University. "All education should be open to everyone regardless of their grades in high school, economic status or academic prowess. Free college education should be available to every citizen of Gogan, no matter what the cost!"

==== Public announcement ====
Post edited February 11, 2014 by MGT
290:3
290:dismiss - Non of this addresses the root of the problem, the whole privately driven educational system is discriminatory.
Post edited February 11, 2014 by DeMignon