It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Good (62) [+2]
Economy: Struggling (8)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (70)

The Free Land of Gogan is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 911 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Aeroplanes have been converted into housing units after all air travel was outlawed, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, smoking is banned in public areas, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 668th in The North Pacific and 19,650th in the world for Smartest Citizens, scoring 24 on the Average Edu-tellignce® Test Score.

==== Issues ====
21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

The Great Wall of Gogan? (issue 190)
Due to the ongoing wars in neighboring countries, a recent rash of illegal immigrants have been caught at the borders of Gogan, prompting many citizens to call for tighter immigration laws.

1: Rebecca Spirit of the Gogan National Purity League says "These illegal aliens are just an eyesore with their strange customs and funny languages. Uneducated immigrants like these only worsen crime and steal valuable jobs! I say we should boot them all out on their ears and put a big fence around the country!"

2: Hope Li of the Gogan Civil Liberties Union says "We must welcome these refugees from any nation into our open arms, they are fleeing one oppressive dictatorial regime in the only way they know, we must not let them think they're jumping from the frying pan into the fire!"

3: "Hold on there, hold on people!" says Zack O of the Gogan Broadcasting company, "We don't have to take either extreme, all we have to do is make a TV game show out of it! We put deadly obstacles on the border and monitor it with television cameras! Those that make it across win freedom and citizenship, and those who don't, well, let's just say that our buzzards won't starve. We could call it 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?'!"

==== Public announcement ====
190: 2
I'm toying briefly with the idea of the Third.. It sounds amusing, and like it would boost the economy..

190 : 3/2 I'm on the fence, and I'll go with what gets the most votes. Gladiator arenas were popular for a reason... But civil rights speak freely.
Gogan shall welcome more illegal aliens into its machinery.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Good (63) [+1]

The Free Land of Gogan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 918 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Smoking is banned in public areas, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 403rd in The North Pacific and 8,388th in the world for Most Income Equality, scoring 176 on the Marx-Engels Emancipation Scale.

==== Issues ====
20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
19 hours ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
18 hours ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.

Put The "Board" Back In Board Of Education (issue 191)
The Gogan Teachers' Union, complaining of a steady increase in student disciplinary problems, wants to be able to use corporal punishment to correct misbehavior.

1: "Clearly, parents aren't teaching manners at home," says Buy Hamilton, the union president. "All we want is to be able to take a paddle to their backsides when there are problems. It's not like we want to throw the kids in jail."

2: "Keep your hands off my kids!" shouts Sophie Plath, while protesting outside of union headquarters. "If there's a problem, it's with the teachers not having the skills to do their jobs. They should be tested for qualifications!"

3: "Corporal punishment would only treat a symptom of the bigger problem: our education system is in need of an overhaul," says Jacob Christensen, Gogan's education minister. "We need smaller class sizes, more teachers, better buildings, and better pay. It'll cost, but it'll pay off in the long run."

4: "Why don't we just abolish the schools and home-school the kids?" asks Rebecca Cheap, education coordinator for the Gogan First Omnimenical Church. "That way parents can stress the values they want their kids to have and give them the attention they need."

Hopefully it doesn't devolve into overly kinky ways, given our fluid system of dress, but..

191:1 More brainwashing, more!
191: 3. It is the best option, and I am very much against corporal punishment in general. Though manners is also something which needs to be taught at home.
191:3
Unfortunately, no issue will be posted today, as I am not at home and as such don't have access to my saved passwords

This issue will run to tomorrow.
191 : 2
Back to our usual schedule.

By popular vote, it seems we will shovel more money into the education system in hope of conjuring more teachers and some carpenters to reinforce the floorboards.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Good (63)

The Free Land of Gogan is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 930 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Gogan's border. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 4,099th in The North Pacific and 92,111th in the world for Fattest Citizens, scoring -214 on the Transpolysaturated Intake Scale.

==== Issues ====
1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, refugees from other nations are flocking to Gogan's border.

Appointment Of Spiritual Advisor (issue 192)
It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

1: Catholic Archbishop Barack Love: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching God Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice.

2: New Age thinker Bruce Harishchandra: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

3: Finally, there's Ethel Janssen. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."

Oh, it's that time of the year again. Personally, I support candidate Janssen.

192: 3
192:3
192:3 I like her, but this whole election is just a trap to send the rest to the CURE.