It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No one died during the Night.

Day 6 has started. You may post now.
6 players on day 6. (Do we get an extra player on day 7?)
how many games on GOG actually get to a day 7?
(Will we get tacos & pepsi if we make it to day 7?)

I'm glad I don't have a thorn in my behind. I suspect it would be kinda like a thumbtack, only worse.
Apologies for being the final vote yesterday. :( I wanted someone to commit, but i was getting anxious and miscounted.
Day will end Saturday evening UTC.

6 players. Takes 4 to lynch.
Post edited March 09, 2020 by ZFR
Microfish_1: Apologies for being the final vote yesterday. :( I wanted someone to commit, but i was getting anxious and miscounted.
Yea, if you weren't confirmed IC, that accidental hammer would look really bad.

But on the good side, we still have the two confirmed players we had yesterday. Apparently we had some sort of protection left and whoever that was chose correctly. Of course, a Poisoner would still be theoretically possible so that we get a delayed kill in the next Night, but after Joe owning up to the second kill, there is no need to assume a Poisoner anymore.

So, we're back to either Consul or Joppo or Pooka have to be scum. Yes, I'm aware that you all have to include me in that list as well. But I know it has to be one of those three. And yes, I assume one. With an SK in play, two scum left over would be overkill.

By the way: even if the deciding argument that convinced me came from Pooka, the credit for shifting the focus to Joe goes to Joppo. But that doesn't really clear either of them. Scum would also push for the lynch of an SK (whom they probably wouldn't know to be SK) and well played scum would also actually scum-hunt. So Joppo and Pooka could still be scum.

However, while I am aware that good scum would scum-hunt too, by gut feeling I would like to read Pooka and Joppo as less scummy than yesterday. Maybe even leaning Town. Therefore I am thrown back to the feeling that our final scum might be hiding in lurkiness and minimum necessary contribution. I.e. I'm back to Consul. No, my case against him isn't any stronger than yesterday. But he is the one who remains.
...there's not much point playing without Joe is there?

Game's over. Everybody loses.
JoeSapphire: ...there's not much point playing without Joe is there?

Antipeevus Peeves

EBWOP: I meant to say "Bah", sorry. Stupid autocorrect.
SirPrimalform: Go Slytherin!
EBWOP: I meant to post a 6 verse song, sorry. Stupid autocorrect.

Bah post still to come.
SirPrimalform: Go Slytherin!
SirPrimalform: EBWOP: I meant to post a 6 verse song, sorry. Stupid autocorrect.

Bah post still to come.
You're not Peeves. You're at Madam Pomfrey's.
This feels eery. The only one's playing with me right now are the mod, a poltergeist and a dead person.

Where are all the others? Did I die at night without noticing it? Is that why I now see dead people?
(Bear with me everyone, my employer's network is terribly slow today. Gog pings at 229ms)

JoeSapphire: I ought to have told you that I'm a Jack-Of-All-Trades slash Conditional Serial Killer.
Score! It's good to see that my scumdar is properly calibrated.
Nice AtE like Micro said. I would almost shed a tear in front of your grave... I mean, bed at the ward. Still wouldn't unvote because HELLOOO! SERIAL KILLER over there!!

Microfish_1: why'd you remove Carradice from the game? Reasoning please?
JoeSapphire: I reckoned he was a doctor who protected lifthrasil. I thought I should get rid of a doctor. SOWWY.
Well this confused me. I can see a theory that Joe considered that Carradice protected Lift from being lynched, but I saw no evidence before that Lift were the target of an NK and thus the target of the protection - which Joe would also need to figure out to come from Carradice.
Anyone can explain this to me please?

agentcarr16: Unvotus Joe

I can't do it, guys. He's got that puppy-dog look in his eyes!
Wait, what? Were we too quick to dismiss the theory of the godfather-neighbourizer?

Let me already inform everyone that due to this very weird unvote of an ADMITTED serial killer I took a shot at tracking Agent last night. After all what better place for scum to hide than among the townies considered confirmed? (Only possible if he was a godfather, of course.) And in that case my tracking would be the better chance we have to dig him out.
So I tracked him but I just got that Agent went nowhere. Would be a lot more reassuring if it had happened in a night where we could be sure that any actions were taken.

Microfish_1: Miller is Policy, Joe defends Joppo, Pooka could be GF and merely claiming Miller for an easy hiding before knowing there were no docs left, Caesar looks town and scum at times*, so no judgment there on my part, Lift is unknown.
Technically, GF wouldn't protect Pooka from being tracked the night when GR and CDice died.

Microfish_1: *Wondering if 1384 is deduction or Caesar speaking what he knows to be truth from ZFR's messages to scum.
================
Yogs even self-voted to protect...who?
Please elaborate about 1384. Also interesting notion about Yogs, I thought that he had given up but you might be right. Who would be a likely lynch by the end of D2 other than Flocke? Wasn't it Caesar? Gotta recheck.

Microfish_1: vote the hero of our most recent musical, Cap'n Joe!

I want Caesar and Joppo to speak before the hammer
Well you shouldn't have hammered then :-)

ZFR: No one died during the Night.
Hmmm this unexpected good outcome really throws a lot of assumptions we had out the window. Do we have a secret protective role? If that is true that person must know who was targeted. But this would obviously have to be a Town player and everyone has claimed already.
Or maybe the target was bulletproof? I assume they would receive some feedback about being shot, right?

Microfish_1: I'm glad I don't have a thorn in my behind.
I'm relieved, I thought you were sure to be sent to sleep with the grindylows last night. But it's possible the theoretical remaining protective role assumed the same.

Well I was worried about that sentence that we hadn't seen the last of Joe... So I guess here's why. Should we lynch you again for good measure?
(Nice touch changing your avatar. It really looks like some joke Peeves would do. Hats off to your major roleplaying, mate)
Day 6 ended 40 minutes before I got to the forums...

Joe's bold move to confess he was the Serial Killer was amusing but there was no way anyone would survive that.

Now, on to the reasons for no kill at night:

Option 1: someone has ommitted a protective or blocking power in his claim, likely not to become a target of the mafia. If that's the case, I still think they should claim what happened to share the information with town, unless for some reason it won't bring anything of value.

Option 2: mafia chose not to kill. Why would they want that?

joppo: Well this confused me. I can see a theory that Joe considered that Carradice protected Lift from being lynched, but I saw no evidence before that Lift were the target of an NK and thus the target of the protection - which Joe would also need to figure out to come from Carradice.
Anyone can explain this to me please?
Perhaps he tried to kil Lift night 1 (when there was only one kill) and assumed Carr had stopped it because of his claim? Not that Joe could know at the time.

Or just the mumbles of a serial killer caught red-handed.
Would someone with bullet-proof (I assume limited shots) know if they have survived an attack and used their shots? If that's the case and they don't know if they still have them or not they should obviously not reveal it. If they do... well, then it's a matter of analyzing if it does more harm than good.
ConsulCaesar: Would someone with bullet-proof (I assume limited shots) know if they have survived an attack and used their shots? If that's the case and they don't know if they still have them or not they should obviously not reveal it. If they do... well, then it's a matter of analyzing if it does more harm than good.
It does more harm than good. What's the matter? Why are you so keen to work out the mechanics of last Nights protection? Are you trying to find a way around it?

Maybe the target they targeted Tonight has bulletproof shots left. Maybe they don't. Maybe they are even permanently bulletproof or at least conditionally so. Who knows. Or it wasn't bullet-proof, but someone hid a protective of blocking ability. Whichever is the case, it puts Scum in a bad place. I guess they would want to eliminate one of the two confirmed players. If they were foiled by bulletproofness, they can't risk targeting the same target again, because it might be bulletproof again. If it was protection, there is a chance that the same target cannot be protected in successive Nights. Then they should target the same target again. ... Or they have to play it safe and target one of the unconfirmed players - which would make the job of the confirmed players easier.

One way or the other, at the moment Town profits from the obscurity of the protection mechanics and I don't like your fishing at all.
Lifthrasil: One way or the other, at the moment Town profits from the obscurity of the protection mechanics and I don't like your fishing at all.
You call it fishing, I call it logical deduction. I know talking about this is frowned upon in this community, but I do think it's something that should at least be considered. It's not like I haven't defended this stance the whole game. Analyzing night actions and claims was what got us to reveal Joe as the Serial Killer, lynch yogs, cleared Micro and put agent as very likely town. Voting for "whoever feels scummier" got us to almost mislynch Micro and mislynch Flocke and Trent. So if whoever was involved in avoiding the night kill thinks about it and decides he can clear more people or shed some light, I don't think it's that outrageous of a suggestion.