It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
KoolZoid: That's *EXACTLY* the kind of situation I think is wrong, and precisely why there needs to be a collection reset at Official Launch without hordes of kegs being thrown out to all and sundry - so that, come Launch, all players start from the same starting line.
eliseus: Don't take my question as an insult. Are you so obsessed with being in the top in this game? Like it's the only game there is.

It goes further than that - some people have more time or money in their hands and they will outkeg you even if they start much later than you. There are rewards for winning x rounds per day - and it's a big number of rounds for best rewards.
No, it's fine, it's a reasonable question. And no, it's not that I want to be in the top ranks or anything. I was only ever modestly competent at playing Magic: The Gathering, which is the only CCG I ever really played competitively (though not the only one I collected!), and I've no reason to believe I'll prove to be any better at this one :)

No, my issue - the thing that 'triggers' me, if you like - is that I resent an unfair competition. There's nothing unfair about people paying their money for more cards, that's the way games like this generate their income and I support it in principle. But the unpaid-for head-start that many, if not all, Closed Beta players have over people who simply weren't chosen for the Closed Beta makes it an uneven playing field, and I'd like CDPR to recognise that and do something to make it a fair and equitable start for all players. That's all.
people are saying this is much more f2p friendly than HS, let's see.
KoolZoid: No, my issue - the thing that 'triggers' me, if you like - is that I resent an unfair competition. There's nothing unfair about people paying their money for more cards, that's the way games like this generate their income and I support it in principle. But the unpaid-for head-start that many, if not all, Closed Beta players have over people who simply weren't chosen for the Closed Beta makes it an uneven playing field, and I'd like CDPR to recognise that and do something to make it a fair and equitable start for all players. That's all.
isn't the real issue that the close beta players start again at level 1 despite their head start ? That can make for some "unfun" and un-competetive pairings if you are matched against them with a stock deck.
it kinda destroys the match making algorithm.
KoolZoid: No, my issue - the thing that 'triggers' me, if you like - is that I resent an unfair competition. There's nothing unfair about people paying their money for more cards, that's the way games like this generate their income and I support it in principle. But the unpaid-for head-start that many, if not all, Closed Beta players have over people who simply weren't chosen for the Closed Beta makes it an uneven playing field, and I'd like CDPR to recognise that and do something to make it a fair and equitable start for all players. That's all.
immi101: isn't the real issue that the close beta players start again at level 1 despite their head start ? That can make for some "unfun" and un-competetive pairings if you are matched against them with a stock deck.
it kinda destroys the match making algorithm.
That simply exacerbates their head-start, rather than supercedes it. Letting them keep their level would simply create a defined two-tier system, rather than the unbalanced single-tier we have at present. That said, the grossly inflated win-potential of Closed Beta players' collections means that, in time, their levels will outstrip those of the other players that started Open Beta with them, creating that same two-tier system.

I'm not saying Closed Beta players should receive nothing at all, just not something that unbalances the game in their favour. Perhaps, instead of $200+ of Kegs, they could get the same worth in Meteorite Dust?
This game is unplayable at this state... Half of Monsters skill don't even work, and broken Nilfgard decks everywhere. My fav card is 6 power bronze card that also spawns spy with Epidemic effect. There's nothing better than losing Raiders trio to 6 power bronze card that can be 3x in a deck.
KoolZoid: That simply exacerbates their head-start, rather than supercedes it. Letting them keep their level would simply create a defined two-tier system, rather than the unbalanced single-tier we have at present.
with these kind of games players who started earlier will always have a head-start. You can't really avoid it.
If I start playing the game two weeks after release I'm in the same position towards the players who started on day 1.
KoolZoid: That simply exacerbates their head-start, rather than supercedes it. Letting them keep their level would simply create a defined two-tier system, rather than the unbalanced single-tier we have at present.
immi101: with these kind of games players who started earlier will always have a head-start. You can't really avoid it.
If I start playing the game two weeks after release I'm in the same position towards the players who started on day 1.
You're absolutely right - if you don't start playing at Launch, you can't complain about being left behind.

HOWEVER

A few people were given a chance to start playing BEFORE Launch. There's a world of difference between coming to the party late, and being locked out of the party for months while those few who were selected get massively buffed up.

When Open Beta ends, start us all from a level playing field. Reset the collections (obviously redistributing Kegs that people paid real money for - I've nothing against that in the slightest).
Pode ter certeza que serei um dos melhores brasileiros nesse jogo <3
some off the special actions of my cards have a minor habbit of not working.
DKfluffyDK: some off the special actions of my cards have a minor habbit of not working.
Which ones? I've certainly seen some weirdness, but also some of the things we think *should* happen just don't because we've misunderstood the card text.

If you give me an example, I'll see if I can help.

Speaking of bugs, though, I got caught in a never-ending game this morning. I won it, but instead of going to the Victory Screen, I just stayed on the game board. Couldn't progress past it. I could look at the cards, move the cursor around, check the graveyards, emote..... but couldn't get to the Victory screen. I feel bad because I wasn't able to GG my opponent, and he'd played well.
If You could only optimise it more for low end machines.

I'm playing it on a 14'' laptop, Intel Celeron 1000M Dual Core,
4GB of RAM, Intel HD graphics with resolution of 1366*768.

If there was only a "potato" setting, that would be nice (I have about 20FPS,
and many stutter effects while playing).

So, if You guys can manage that, and bring it to UWP for Windows
Tablets and Windows Mobile devices, that would be NICE! <3

With lots of love,

Chriss
I'm done with this game until they fix this "connection interrupted" in the middle of the game, and no, it's not my internet, and no, my firewall and my AV aren't the problem, because i sent a ticket to the support and they said to verify this, so i disabled firewall and av, and still i get disconnected.
50 hours in the game, lost so many games in ranked beacause of that, please fix the servers or w/e is it.
sorry for the english, just getting off my chest :(
Post edited June 04, 2017 by ginga28
Why would anyone in their right mind dump money in a game that's being beta tested? o.O
richlind33: Why would anyone in their right mind dump money in a game that's being beta tested? o.O
People also buy early access games ...
Teaching myself to play using single player option but had a problem as Gwent stalled.
On the Board - opponent had Alchemist 7 and Alba Spearman 8 plus one Gold.
I played a Clan Brokvar Archer but the blue arrow failed to activate on either card and the game locked. I couldnt withdraw the card or close down play. and had to use Ctrl Alt Del to escape. What did I do wrong?
Post edited June 04, 2017 by Junquet