It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Einaman: At the moment, you have 4 seriously crippled starter decks when you start playing, and you desperately need new cards to get versatility.
eliseus: That's why you feel so good getting kegs - you just need those cards. What would be the fun if you have what you need at the start? Everyone is on the same playing field, you won't play versus full decks with a starter deck.

Seriously though. Please don't become Pay2Win, and for gods sake don't have a store with so hard incentives for people who suffer from gambling addiction to spend thousands of dollars on your game.
eliseus: Read up on the f2p whale theory. Now you're just asking them to not profit off the game. They won't be able to support the game or make new ones without profit.

If someone destroys their lives with games they need professional help, not developers refusing to take money.
Bullshit. People who take advantage of the weak are scum.
Hello there,

can you please fix the game of its horrible bugs like Decoy not buffing cards or like Roach to come after Vigelfortz is being played.

Thank you
satyricon10: Hello there,

can you please fix the game of its horrible bugs like Decoy not buffing cards or like Roach to come after Vigelfortz is being played.

Thank you
Roach coming after Vilgefortz is not a bug. It was changed so you can't destroy Roach for his effect.
satyricon10: Hello there,

Thank you
Siegor: Roach coming after Vilgefortz is not a bug. It was changed so you can't destroy Roach for his effect.
Roach DIDNT come after played Vigelfortz .......
KoolZoid: Unless *every* player has a fair chance when the Official launch comes, I fear I'll have to give this one a miss. Which is a shame, because it's actually been pretty good fun.
Klumpen0815: It's pay2win, what do you expect?
It is not pay to win at all. You can open multiple kegs every day and you have decent starter decks already from the beginning for free.
Dweight888: It is not pay to win at all. You can open multiple kegs every day and you have decent starter decks already from the beginning for free.
All that shows is that it isn't pay2play. o.O
GOG.com: Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Would be nice if i could actually play. Gwent hasn't worked since closed beta, failed to sign in error, now the GoG client is broken after the latest update, giving a fatal error. "Connection to GOG Galaxy Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."
Dweight888: It is not pay to win at all. You can open multiple kegs every day and you have decent starter decks already from the beginning for free.
Multiple kegs every day? You can get 1 for 6 rounds won, which is generally do-able, unless you roll against one of the Closed Beta Nilfgaard decks, determined as they are to shut you out of even a single round won. After that, you'd need to win a further 12 rounds AND have been lucky enough to get Ore a couple of times in your sub-rewards - then you can open another keg.

So that's two kegs. Is that what you mean by multiple? Two? Should have just said "Two". And the starter decks are perfectly good.... against other starter decks. But not against decks where players have had upwards of a hundred kegs gifted to them at the start of Open Beta.
GOG.com: Time to make those cards sing.

<< snip >>
celroid: Would be nice if i could actually play. Gwent hasn't worked since closed beta, failed to sign in error, now the GoG client is broken after the latest update, giving a fatal error. "Connection to GOG Galaxy Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."
As an aside, I've been playing on the PS4 just this past hour and for three matches I've been unable to process the 'End Results' section of the match. The matches played out just fine, but when it gets to Victory/Defeat screen, it won't advance my Rounds Won nor my Experience Earned.... it just sits there, spinning the little 'connecting' circle, until I was forced to quit the client. I wonder if there's an issue?
Post edited May 30, 2017 by KoolZoid
KoolZoid: As an aside, I've been playing on the PS4 just this past hour and for three matches I've been unable to process the 'End Results' section of the match. The matches played out just fine, but when it gets to Victory/Defeat screen, it won't advance my Rounds Won nor my Experience Earned.... it just sits there, spinning the little 'connecting' circle, until I was forced to quit the client. I wonder if there's an issue?
You are not alone, playing on PC. Happened yesterday couple of times and today. Server issues/problems?
Hi,

had several random disconnects myself yesterday and wasn't able to connect this afternoon.
KoolZoid: Actually, everyone is *NOT* on the same playing field, and new players have to contend with players from the Closed Beta who have had upwards of a hundred barrels to start the Open Beta with. One of my first matches was against a level 3 player in Casual Multiplayer who had the Adept title from the previous Beta and fielded a full set of Animated Queensguards.
You just need to play (or wait) a bit so matchmaking puts you where you are. If someone destroys everything they see they won't get matched with stock decks. So I think this problem won't be a problem in one week from now.
After closed beta changed to open I was able to connect only once. Everytime I try now I see error info about my internet connection (which is false of course)...
KoolZoid: Actually, everyone is *NOT* on the same playing field, and new players have to contend with players from the Closed Beta who have had upwards of a hundred barrels to start the Open Beta with. One of my first matches was against a level 3 player in Casual Multiplayer who had the Adept title from the previous Beta and fielded a full set of Animated Queensguards.
eliseus: You just need to play (or wait) a bit so matchmaking puts you where you are. If someone destroys everything they see they won't get matched with stock decks. So I think this problem won't be a problem in one week from now.
So - and forgive me if I've misunderstood this - your solution is for me to wait until the players who have been given a head start get sufficiently far enough ahead of me that I don't get matched with them any more, and then I can start playing against people who have had the same start as me?

That's *EXACTLY* the kind of situation I think is wrong, and precisely why there needs to be a collection reset at Official Launch without hordes of kegs being thrown out to all and sundry - so that, come Launch, all players start from the same starting line.
KoolZoid: That's *EXACTLY* the kind of situation I think is wrong, and precisely why there needs to be a collection reset at Official Launch without hordes of kegs being thrown out to all and sundry - so that, come Launch, all players start from the same starting line.
Don't take my question as an insult. Are you so obsessed with being in the top in this game? Like it's the only game there is.

It goes further than that - some people have more time or money in their hands and they will outkeg you even if they start much later than you. There are rewards for winning x rounds per day - and it's a big number of rounds for best rewards.
nearly 90 australian dollars for 60 kegs is too high. I want to pay money for this game but i wont until i am getting value. This price far exceeds similar card games which are already expensive. Games on gog and steam are cheap nowadays, why is this so high. Really want to pay for something but its not worth it.