It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
I would rather pay for this interesting game than play it for free with "optional in-game-purchases". It doesnt taste right - like it´s always with these games.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Prian
musteriuz: I'll be interested if this ever becomes a single-player experience, DRM-free, of course.
I wish this game had an offline mode drm free where you play with bots varying difficulty and you win to buy packs and such but I guess that type of game will never happen when online and money is involved.

but dude it's free and you can get a wicked amount of cards pretty fast and still beat those meta decks with smarts. :)
jorlin: Besides that, I find it a bit strange that I'm sent to playgwent.com instead of being able to download the game right here on GOG, like other In-Dev titles.
Especially as the news post explicitly states:
GOG.com: You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com
nightcraw1er.488: So an another online only game release for GOG, lets start the party now.
Kayx291: Did ya checked or you are just blabbering?
Look at the game card page, just below system specs (and having to type this as can't access the link on this computer):
GWENT: ... The game requires an online connection to play and offers "optional" in-game purchases. Single player campaign will be added at a later date.

Now, you know English may be my first language and all that, but I read the above as: This game is online only (even if only currently), has in-game microtransactions (we all know what Optional means on this site!). Do correct me if I am reading this incorrectly.
AlErst: Does this also include the single player portion of the game or is it just PvP?

And if it does include the SP campaign, can that be played without Galaxy?
No the single player portion will be in the release version after beta as noted in the FAQ... this is still just a beta for the online MP aspect. Hence why a release without Galaxy wouldn't make much sense right now and that is what they want to be tested.
AlErst: Does this also include the single player portion of the game or is it just PvP?

And if it does include the SP campaign, can that be played without Galaxy?
BKGaming: No the single player portion will be in the release version after beta as noted in the FAQ... this is still just a beta for the online MP aspect. Hence why a release without Galaxy wouldn't make much sense right now and that is what they want to be tested.
Thanks,

but the singleplayer portion in the final game will be playable without having Galaxy installed?
Post edited May 24, 2017 by AlErst
I wonder, will the single-player campaign ever be playable offline? (he asked knowing there's a snowflake's chance in hell at best) Anyway, there's something about a Witcher CCG that just irks me. I'm not sure why that would be "crossing the line" in terms of whoring out the license, and not the previous board and card game, but that's pretty much what it feels like to me.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Breja
high rated
The game itself seems interesting. But now we have a beta release from CD Projekt Red themselves that is f2p online-only with microtransactions requiring external site login (ok, using GOG credential, but still)? Haha now I feel silly for believing this store would remain DRM-Free for some time. Others commented on this incoming release, but I didn't know enough about it beforehand. The recent Gremlins Inc. feels tame in comparison, regarding its DRM model.

Can GOG at least make it clear what is their DRM policy nowadays? As in: multiplayer games require Galaxy and multiplayer only games with microtransactions purchases are allowed.

Not that they need to announce after saying it clearly with this release, but transparency would be nice right? Can we still at least keep our singleplayer DOSbox games DRM-Free?
AlErst: but the singleplayer portion in the final game will be playable without having Galaxy installed?
No idea but I would assume yes. There is no technical reason they couldn't do that in my opinion, whether they stick to what we would expect them to do though is another matter.

However, right now making it Galaxy exclusive (and online only) makes perfect sense while in beta seeing as the online portion is what is being tested.
AlErst: Thanks,

but the singleplayer portion in the final game will be playable without having Galaxy installed?
I would think not.

"Is an Internet connection required to play?
Internet connection is required to play."

From TECHNICAL &amp; MISCELLANEOUS.
Nix31: I would think not.

"Is an Internet connection required to play?
Internet connection is required to play."

From TECHNICAL &amp; MISCELLANEOUS.
Pretty sure the FAQ is specifically talking about the beta and is covering that aspect... not release version.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Pretty sure the FAQ is specifically talking about the beta and is covering that aspect... not release version.
Yes, but nowhere could I find indication that the single-player mode won't require you to be online, it's just an assumption as far as I'm concerned until a blue says otherwise.

Notice how on the game card page here on GOG they don't make any mention of an offline or DRM-Free mode: https://www.gog.com/game/gwent_the_witcher_card_game
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Nix31
Nix31: Not that they need to announce after saying it clearly with this release, but transparency would be nice right?
So would a date with Emma Watson.
>looks around his room, looks at his phone<
right...
Breja: So would a date with Emma Watson.
>looks around his room, looks at his phone<
right...
Wishful thinking, I know!
I'd buy a Witcher horse racing game, my copy of Mary-Kate & Ashley Winner's Circle is so worn out.