It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Breja: Even GOG isn't trying to sell this as being DRM-free. There is no indication of a DRM-free version coming. And even if there was- this isn't it, and yet it's a product available here. What more do you want? What more do you need? Why are some people so dead-set to ignore reality?
It's a BETA it's not feature complete product, it is mentioned on the game page, it's not being sold or anything it's only there for peoples who want to try to game and, more important for CDP, help test and debug the multiplayer part and the balance before the game release.

When the game is released and the single player is nowhere to be found or requires you to be online, then complain all you want and guess what... I will probably complain with you.

But complaining that a non-feature complete open beta is... not feature complete... is kind of silly.
PaterAlf: Like you said yourself, it was announced a year ago. Don't you think they had more than enough time to clarify / confirm / explain the single player part?
Like I said it was mentioned when the game was originally announced, the close and open beta being about the MP part only it's kind of understandable that they didn't mention the SP part except for saying that it's not in the game yet.

The last bit of info concerning the SP that I managed to find was this old article where they mention the SP being offline : http://www.pcgamer.com/how-gwent-became-a-competitive-card-game-with-singleplayer-campaigns/

But like I said earlier the best would be for a blue to clarify that part.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Gersen
Breja: Even GOG isn't trying to sell this as being DRM-free. There is no indication of a DRM-free version coming. And even if there was- this isn't it, and yet it's a product available here. What more do you want? What more do you need? Why are some people so dead-set to ignore reality?
Gersen: It's a BETA it's not feature complete product, it is mentioned on the game page, it's not being sold or anything it's only there for peoples who want to try to game and, more important for CDP, help test and debug the multiplayer part and the balance before the game release.

When the game is released and the single player is nowhere to be found or requires you to be online, then complain all you want and guess what... I will probably complain with you.

But complaining that a non-feature complete open beta is... not feature complete... is kind of silly.
I give up. We're going in circles. I say it's not DRM-free, you say it's a BETA... and one has nothing to do with the other. You are not contradicting me. What you have is not a counter-argument. It's a statement of unrelated fact. This is a product that is not DRM-free. It should not be here if the DRM-free only policy is unchanged. We had in-dev titles here before, and they were still DRM-free. If you don't have a problem with this change in policy that allows non-DRM-free products to be here on some kind of "as long as a DRM-free version might be coming eventually (or not)" basis, that's your prerogative. But it IS a change in policy, and IT IS DRM. Plain and simple.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
Here is a question.

Would the people defending this title still do so if the game was being released be EA or Activision instead of GOG/CDProjectRed?

I ask because people can let there loyalty for a company blind them (Valve fans are a prime example)
high rated
Gersen: But like I said earlier the best would be for a blue to clarify that part.
That would be great. Most of us would probably shut up, if one of the blues comes here and clearly says: "Don't worry folks, the singleplayer mode of the game will be offline, won't need Galaxy and won't include micro-transactions.".
MarkoH01: ...
Okay so that's the crux of the matter - people want to know if they can play upcoming single-player without Galaxy? (because, again, it's absurd to complain about multiplayer requiring Galaxy at this point, given how many other multiplayer components require Galaxy)

I can understand that being a concern.
My 5 cents, there migth be a chance gog staff hasnt written all the information regarding the game on the game page
Hell, its even a possibilty the information is wrong.
It woudnt be the first time that has happened and probably not the last either.
We really dont know before the hollydays are over.
Hopefully they wont take a loong weekend off from work.
Gersen: But like I said earlier the best would be for a blue to clarify that part.
PaterAlf: That would be great. Most of us would probably shut up, if one of the blues comes here and clearly says: "Don't worry folks, the singleplayer mode of the game will be offline, won't need Galaxy and won't include micro-transactions.".
Here's the thing- there was a time when I would probably have even forgiven Gwent being here online only. As long as it was accompanied by a statement "listen guys, Gwent is a super important title for our company, and we just can't not sell it in our own store. By it's nature, this game is online only. We assure you, this is a once-in-a-lifetime exception to our DRM-free rule. We hope that the revenue and increase in customer base it brings will help the store and our DRM-free catalogue grow. We are sorry if you find this problematic, but we aim to prove to you that there is no need for concern by continuing to provide the best possible service for all our customers."

But that boat, of GOG being trustworthy enough for me to give them any benefit of the doubt, has long sailed. And even if, this would still require comunication skills far beyond anything GOG has ever been capable of. Instead we have a obviously false statement about the DRM-free policy being unchanged (if it allows DRM, even in BETA, it obviously has changed) and zero information about anything other than how awesome GWENT is you guys.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
PaterAlf: That would be great. Most of us would probably shut up, if one of the blues comes here and clearly says: "Don't worry folks, the singleplayer mode of the game will be offline, won't need Galaxy and won't include micro-transactions.".
Breja: Here's the thing- there was a time when I would probably have even forgiven Gwent being here online only. As long as it was accompanied by a statement "listen guys, Gwent is a super important title for our company, and we just can't not sell it in our own store. By it's nature, this game is online only. We assure you, this is a once-in-a-lifetime exception to our DRM-free rule. We hope that the revenue and increase in customer base it brings will help the store and our DRM-free catalogue grow. We are sorry if you find this problematic, but we aim to prove to you that there is no need for concern by continuing to provide the best possible service for all our customers."

But that boat, of GOG being trustworthy enough for me to give them any benefit of the doubt, has long sailed. And even if, this would still require comunication skills far beyond anything GOG has ever been capable of. Instead we have a obviously false statement about the DRM-free policy being unchanged (if it allows DRM, even in BETA, it obviously has changed) and zero information about anything other than how awesome GWENT is you guys.
Bwahaha, they don't even remotely care enough to invest the minutes you did in writing this statement.
These days all we get is some new BS slammed on the table and a "Deal with it!" that went through a (quite bad) PR-speak translator.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Breja: If you don't have a problem with this change in policy that allows non-DRM-free products to be here on some kind of "as long as a DRM-free version might be coming eventually (or not)" basis, that's your prerogative. But it IS a change in policy, and IT IS DRM. Plain and simple.
Except it ISN'T, the policy always was that the single player part of games were DRM-free, here we have a multiplayer only BETA, where the single player part is not released yet, and it is not even an "InDev" games as it is not "sold" here, doesn't have the "InDev" logo, it's just a free beta that can be accessed through Gog/Galaxy.
Breja: If you don't have a problem with this change in policy that allows non-DRM-free products to be here on some kind of "as long as a DRM-free version might be coming eventually (or not)" basis, that's your prerogative. But it IS a change in policy, and IT IS DRM. Plain and simple.
Gersen: Except it ISN'T, the policy always was that the single player part of games were DRM-free, here we have a multiplayer only BETA, where the single player part is not released yet, and it is not even an "InDev" games as it is not "sold" here, doesn't have the "InDev" logo, it's just a free beta that can be accessed through Gog/Galaxy.
I can't. I just can't.
I download GWENT public beta , But GOG Galaxy tell me: server problem ,No matter how many times I try ,GOG Galaxy all told me server problem ,How can I solve this problem?
limingcwasking: I download GWENT public beta , But GOG Galaxy tell me: server problem ,No matter how many times I try ,GOG Galaxy all told me server problem ,How can I solve this problem?
Play the single player games which are ACTUALLY included in the beta.

Oh, wait, you also need internet for that.... sorry.
Regardless of the Beta state this game's in - In game micro transactions are a big no for me, regardless if it's just for cosmetic items. I will not bother with this game, let alone acknowledge it even exists.

Unless: If they made it with a Single Player campaign + LAN/DirectIP/Galaxy multiplayer + A Linux port, and without the stupid microtransactions, then I would gladly pay a one time fee. Then I would gladly buy this game.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Ganni1987
CRO_Revan: What's the point in community if people don't care. Again, if they don't care, why are they expressing their opinions?
MarkoH01: Sometimes I wonder if it's just because English is not my native tongue. But again you seem to misunderstand me. People don't care about the name giving or definitions they do however care about the fact that it's there at all. Meaning that it does not matter if you call it DRM or not it's simply something that people don't like. And because they don't like it they argue and are expressing their opinions.
Dear Marko, F2P online feature isn't DRM or any other name giving of definitions and people cannot call it and argue about it. They are not arguing about multiplayer, they are arguing about using Galaxy and internet connection and all-of-sudden non DRM-free policy which has nothing to do with anything. I wonder, how many of you play online games? Do you protest against all multiplayer components in all your GOG games or GOG does not support multiplayer, because internet connection required to play online content is something you are all against?

When Gwent was announced, what did you all think it would be? Yu-Gi-Oh, compete against AI characters and reach the top and be the numero uno between you and yourself? People knew from the start that the game would be F2P. Any other format would be complete loss and waste for CDPR.

This is really simple matter. Don't like it , don't play it, don't use it. We are arguing here against the windmills. GOG and CDPR don't really care for this hundred and so comments, there is a large portion of people recently arrived and arriving to GOG Galaxy exclusively for Gwent, people who play F2P games (Hearthstone, LOL, WoT, TES:Legends, etc) and there are those among them willing to pay 60€ or more for in-game-purchases. And there is nothing our arguing can do about it. Some people seems to fail to understand this but can't help to spill their hatred for this situation. Look at the bright side... This game will just help CDPR to make CyberPunk even better. :)
I can't even play this public beta.
I launch the game through GOG Galaxy then eventually it complains that GOG Galaxy should be running in the background (especially if I hit Shift+Tab), I'm stuck on the flame animation and nothing ever happen.